Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Re: 1.03 and brand new game mode coming!

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

k00L_gRaNdMa69 wrote:

that would be an over-buff

all other items were simply not as good as the FAL, but that does not mean they were nerfed

to nerf; something must be deliberately weakened directly

True.

But it has the same effect on the other weapons if you over buff something it makes other weapons useless.

If you nerf something too much it makes those weapons useless too.

It's exactly the same thing.

Buff/Nerf - they both make something else inferior, thats what they are designed to do. There are no weapons in this game that need any changes, at least nothing that can be shot needs changes anyway.

I got 5 pennies in one hand and 5 in the other. Now there's 6 in my right hand and still 5 in the left. 

I don't say I took away one penny from the left, even though it would still be a difference of 1.  

If that makes sense.

Message 151 of 205 (335 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Aug 29, 2013
What I'm asking is: Who gets credit for the,kill after the interrupted execution? The original downer? The interrupted executioner? The downed player still does,so who gets scoreboard credit? Does the original downer still get parts like normal? Or does no one get parts or scoreboard credit?
Message 152 of 205 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11901 posts

Aug 29, 2013
I am convinced MacGruber is actually Fadi

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 153 of 205 (321 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14384 posts

Aug 29, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Yeah. typical. When someone has nothing good to throw back, bring out the meme's like a real adult.

Well, let's face it, you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever concede a point.

So, why bother trying?

I'm not conceeding nothing when I have this:

If you followed ND you'd know by now when it comes to multiplayer they haven't once got a nerf or a buff right and broke something in the process.

I'll give them some credit for Single Player campaigns they are often well crafted As far as multiplayer goes, well how do I say it? They aren't exactly the brightest of lightbulbs.

C'mon people ask yourselves, do you really want them messing with TLOU? They were lucky enough to get it balanced well in the first place. Balance isn't exactly their strong point now is it?

You aren't exactly in much of a position to be critical here, you've been saying to change nothing for ages. Since release actually, now your with the changes?

What is it? Afraid of the red name? You've been concerned about any changes for weeks, suddenly you aren't. Doesn't quite add up.

For the record. I was for changes, I actually did conceed that to people like you who wanted no changes, the fact that you all drilled into us was that ND broke every other game, You were right. I admit that.

But now you wont even stand by what you and many others were putting across because some developer is around here?

That's quite weak.

Message 154 of 205 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7275 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Yeah. typical. When someone has nothing good to throw back, bring out the meme's like a real adult.

Well, let's face it, you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever concede a point.

So, why bother trying?

I'm not conceeding nothing when I have this:

If you followed ND you'd know by now when it comes to multiplayer they haven't once got a nerf or a buff right and broke something in the process.

I'll give them some credit for Single Player campaigns they are often well crafted As far as multiplayer goes, well how do I say it? They aren't exactly the brightest of lightbulbs.

C'mon people ask yourselves, do you really want them messing with TLOU? They were lucky enough to get it balanced well in the first place. Balance isn't exactly their strong point now is it?

You aren't exactly in much of a position to be critical here, you've been saying to change nothing for ages. Since release actually, now your with the changes?

What is it? Afraid of the red name? You've been concerned about any changes for weeks, suddenly you aren't. Doesn't quite add up.

For the record. I was for changes, I actually did conceed that to people like you who wanted no changes, the fact that you all drilled into us was that ND broke every other game, You were right. I admit that.

But now you wont even stand by what you and many others were putting across because some developer is around here?

That's quite weak.

to be fair the argument was over buffs being the same as nerfs. Not neccesarily change, and like others have already said, making something stronger doesn't inherently make another thing weaker.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 155 of 205 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Dog Developer
204 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Let's keep the thread on target, weapon balance discussions should probably happen in another thread.  (Though I am curious to see what weapon/item strategies people come up with for the new mode.)

Message 156 of 205 (440 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 29, 2013
@ Aureilia I agree with you on people backing down on they're original complaints. Then news breaks about a patch now all the bees back sucking on the sap.

Reminds me of bandwagon sport fans. "We here for you when you win" . Makes me sick.
Message 157 of 205 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Will there be anything of value in the lockboxes or is it something where once its open the game is instantly over. Would be cool to have collectables to unlock customizable items.
Message 158 of 205 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Aug 29, 2013

sintax201 wrote:

Let's keep the thread on target, weapon balance discussions should probably happen in another thread.  (Though I am curious to see what weapon/item strategies people come up with for the new mode.)

Dropping a bomb before I go down so I can't be interrogated Smiley Very Happy

Message 159 of 205 (427 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Overall this is good but I defiantly feel you dropped the ball on the executions thing. Them just not getting parts is not enough, you should be able to save your teammate and revert him backed to the downed state from special executions. As it will be after the patch you still just die randomly by a ghost which is just dumb. Them not getting parts is good, but I still feel you should be able to save your teammate.
Message 160 of 205 (424 Views)