Naughty Paw
11455 posts

Re: 3rd DLC pack is going to be another map pack?

Sep 27, 2013

homes500 wrote:
^ Lol better.

I got one...

Spoiler
Stat emblems

I'll collect my check later, ND.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 11 of 33 (233 Views)
Wastelander
580 posts

Sep 27, 2013
^ Lol best one yet.
Message 12 of 33 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I hope Naughty Dog still decides to do a survival mode against infected, seriously the game is about infected, bring infected to the multiplayer, either by making a survival mode against them, or I would also be happy if they roam in the multiplayer maps, like coop hunter in Uncharted 3, I know you all hate hunter, but the idea of 2vs2vsAI-controlled-infected sounds awesome, right? Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 33 (222 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1252 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Survival against infected is not happening, at least not an online mode.

No Co-Op

No infected

Technical difficulities

Message 14 of 33 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Sep 27, 2013

3rd DLC is coming out first half of 2014 and by then, nobody will be playing this game. If they planned on putting out survivor mode against the infected, it would've came out on 1st DLC. 

Message 15 of 33 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11455 posts

Sep 27, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Survival against infected is not happening, at least not an online mode.

No Co-Op

No infected

Technical difficulities

I would DIE for a single player infinite horde mode

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 16 of 33 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I have no idea how they could've made a game about two people making a cross country journey, relying on eachother to stay alive throughout the entire game, and then not include any type of cooperative mode at all.  I also don't see how they could've made a game entirely about "zombies" and then not inlcuded a single trace of them in any way in the multiplayer.  There are even challenges where your camp gets attacked or has an outbreak of some diseas or other, and yet there isn't even a challenge that includes the infected?

Also, horde mode seems like a given.  It's almost difficult to explain why it should be included in the game; It's just something that's so blatantly obvious that it's almost beyond words.

Message 17 of 33 (198 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1252 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

I have no idea how they could've made a game about two people making a cross country journey, relying on eachother to stay alive throughout the entire game, and then not include any type of cooperative mode at all.  I also don't see how they could've made a game entirely about "zombies" and then not inlcuded a single trace of them in any way in the multiplayer.  There are even challenges where your camp gets attacked or has an outbreak of some diseas or other, and yet there isn't even a challenge that includes the infected?

Also, horde mode seems like a given.  It's almost difficult to explain why it should be included in the game; It's just something that's so blatantly obvious that it's almost beyond words.

To give ND the benefit of the doubt (which I NEVER do), I really think the PS3 is pushed to the limit.  

For example:  The game is 4 v 4 instead of 5 v 5.  Why?  Probably technical limitation of the amount of memory in the PS3.

Another example is how much the game slows down when a lot of animation and detail is on the screen.  This is really obvious when you throw a molotov (or 2 or 3 lol) and the animation becomes choppy and slows down.

I can imagine, programming hordes of infected running at multiple players would be way to taxing on the PS3.  

This would never happen because they would have to recode everything but there should be the TLOU Multiplayer Expansion pack on the PS4.  Just the TLOU MP, not the SP.

The PS4 could easily handle infected hordes no problem.

That's just a wild guess what the technical limitations are.

Message 18 of 33 (189 Views)
Sackboy
511 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Did they really say no more game modes? That would be terrible. 

Message 19 of 33 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1252 posts

Sep 28, 2013

AnArmyOfOne wrote:

Did they really say no more game modes? That would be terrible. 

Wakeboarder56 on September 27th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

Very exciting! Loved the multiplayer and can’t wait for the new maps in a few weeks, but the single player was truly phenomenal and I can’t wait to see what you add to the story. Quick question, though. Any plans to patch in a few more new game modes like you did with Interrogation? I was every happy to see that introduced.

Eric Monacelli on September 27th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

Thanks! Glad to hear you’re excited. No plans beyond what you read here but we will update everyone once the third drop is hashed out.

Message 20 of 33 (138 Views)
0 Likes