Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Re: 4 player Co-op whit the infected! for god sake

Dec 5, 2013
Dunno. It just seemed like a really small scale version of what horde would be to me. And the fact that every single infected had ammo really broke the theme of the rest of the game. It'd be more believable if occasionally there was one with like 6 bullets and the rest didn't have any, but eachof them having 1 or 2 when up til that point finding ammo on an enemy was a rare occasion really seemed strange to me.

And I do think horde could work out nicely if they laid things out right. Infected wouldn't even have to be the only enemies. Clickers trying to charge you from one side while Hunters engaged with gunfire from another side or something. Or trying to hold one area and then falling back to another the way you did in single player. There's definitely enough potential that they could make a great horde mode out of it.
Message 31 of 40 (170 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Conceptually (and for those that like horde modes), survivors versus infected AND hunters could be interesting, however….

Practically and technically speaking though, I have serious doubts about a PS3 infected-only mode let alone adding hunters into the mix. That’s a lot of additional elements to be controlled and the AI scheme for hunters would be different from infected…more strain on the limited processing power available.

I know they’re different games but consider coop arena in Uncharted 3…there really aren’t that many enemies on the screen but I witness (and am the victim of) lag all the time (in other words, I die because the system can’t keep up with what’s happening on screen).  I see enemies that spawn and move away from me as though their path is predetermined (likely, this is exactly why it happens) and in some cases, they don’t move at all.  This indicates to me that the PS3 really is at its limit.

At a rough guess, I’d say a horde mode would have roughly 2 to 3 times as enemies on the map at any given time versus a comparable round in Uncharted 3 but in a horde mode, there’s no pre-defined conclusion…no final round so the issue would just get worse as you progressed.  It would be a double whammy (progressing difficulty and lag issues).  How many people would complain that their match was ruined when that clicker skated the last 8 feet and ripped out their throat?  Why on earth would ND consider doing something that is likely technically challenging and the results of which would be far less than satisfactory?  I’m not saying they’re lazy but why try to squeeze water out of a stone when there’s a new platform on the horizon?

Even though I do LOVE coop, I’d rather have nothing at all than something ND spends time and resources on which proves to be disappointing.

What about a TLoU coop horde mode mini-game on the PS4?  Would people pony up 10 bucks for that?   That would give some of the developers on the TLoU team a chance to get their feet wet working on the PS4 without the pressure of a major release and could serve to make their next title better.  Horde modes are not my cup of tea but I genuinely believe that a PS3 implementation would suck and be a disappointment while one on the PS4 could actually be something of value for those that are interested.

Message 32 of 40 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Dec 5, 2013
Where have I seen this thread before...?
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 33 of 40 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Dec 5, 2013
I'd pay for a well-done horde mode for this game for sure. But, I realise I've been thinking of a more Gears of War style horde, and TLoU doesn't have nearly the variety of enemies to use as Gears does. They could probably mix things up enough that it'd work, but with Bloaters being the only thing resembling a boss they definitely wouldn't be able to do boss waves very well, not without them getting old quickly.
Message 34 of 40 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Aww, man. It would've been awesome!

A few respawnable AI-Infected roaming the maps (starting inside buildings), getting attracted by the gunfire as Fireflies and Hunters fight for supplies.

A Bloater at the Sudden Death stage. Saving a teammate earns you parts. Saving an enemy earns you a bonus. The Bloater can be killed with the help of your enemies (for bonus parts), and the earnings from the Bloater get split according to who did more damage to it.

And you can opt-in to it, like you do with the "No Parties" games. Something like "No Infected" for the normal game.

But well, we can only dream.

Non-troll member, so I'm not around much.
Message 35 of 40 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Dec 7, 2013
ok,ok, easy im not american but i try my english best i can, well it dont have to be vs infected they can put bots or watever you want, but her is the thing, you aren't a ND member so let them deal whit the fact of those little details like change dificulty of infected
Message 36 of 40 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Dec 7, 2013
you know it would be a awesome gametype so stop trying to make us think diferent, just agree with us and probably with more people thinking on this gametype ND can change some stuff
Message 37 of 40 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Dec 7, 2013
Sorry bud^ It's. Just. Not. Gonna. Happen.

--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 38 of 40 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

@Brunis_97…

>ok,ok, easy im not american but i try my english best i can, well it dont have to be vs infected they can put bots or watever you want, but her is the thing, you aren't a ND member so let them deal whit the fact of those little details like change dificulty of infected

I’m not American either…I’m Canadian but kudos for participating in a forum whose language is not your first.  I mean that. Smiley Happy

>you know it would be a awesome gametype so stop trying to make us think diferent, just agree with us and probably with more people thinking on this gametype ND can change some stuff

Earlier in this thread, I laid out my position and reasons so there’s not much point in going over them again but I have to say…

I’m not a fan of horde modes - they can be fun but for me, they get boring quickly.  I’d imagine that most people that want a TLoU horde mode have an existing one (from another game) in mind that would be all that AND somehow better.  I think it’s an unrealistic expectation but if the majority of the community want this (over other game modes/content), all the planets align and it happens, I’m genuinely happy for you.

If you still honestly think that I (we) “know” a TLoU horde mode would be awesome, I'm at a loss for what else to say (your optimism is remarkable).  I think a TLoU horde mode on PS3 would, at the very least, be a disappointment (and quite possibly a disaster)…not for those of us that don’t fully support it because we genuinely don’t care.   Wanting something usually entails having expectations (in this case, borne out of your experience with horde modes in other games?) and I suspect strongly that many of those that want a horde mode have an unattainable ideal in mind (unnattainable on the PS3 at least…which is why I suggested that a PS4 mini-game might be a better option/goal).  In the end, you can believe whatever you want, as is your right…

But please don’t tell me what to believe or what my opinion should be AND please don’t think that if the limited things that ND will/can deliver for this and other games is in danger of being hijacked, that I (or anyone else) is going to sit idly by and let it happen without at least offering our opinion.

>EDIT Corrected typo.

Message 39 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
41 posts

Dec 8, 2013
well like you said to not get over this them again, i would say that there exist the posibility to make this happend, entusiasm on work its what only ND need for this multiplayer idea, i not say its bad this game, its one of the best games i ever play, but ok i will stop Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 40 (78 Views)
0 Likes