Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
470 posts

Re: 4Nations vs Infectus (Apoca. Semis)

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Not you who should be apologizing, V, is it?

I've been hearing a lot of abusive language, lately, due to spending more time in the dlc playlist. Just like uncharted, there are parties of folk who seem completely unselfconscious speaking truly offensive language in lobby and after. Shameful.

This game auto mute the opposing team tho no ? That's something at least.

As far as i remember Uncharted don't, and there yeah i heard lots of insults flying, majority of them said in their own langage, lots of time i had French players throwing a bunch of insults towards me, tagging me as the Russian <insert insult here>, tough luck tho i'm actually French. :smileyindifferent:

Message 41 of 200 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16326 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Moving in and out of lobbies, not everyone stays muted. And often its people on my team I would otherwise like to communicate with.

Yeah...I do know the mute function...:smileyvery-happy:

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 42 of 200 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2013

Since this tourney's format is a double elimination, does the final have a bracket reset? Assuming Infectus faces 4Nations again for the grand final and they win the best out of 5, from my knowledge of how this format works, do they have to win another best of 5 since they're coming from the loser's bracket? Because if it's just a typical best of 5 shootout, there's no advantage (or point) of being the team that stays at winner's bracket. If this is the case, do they play the same maps listed?

Message 43 of 200 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16326 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2013

Icarus_prime wrote:

Since this tourney's format is a double elimination, does the final have a bracket reset? Assuming Infectus faces 4Nations again for the grand final and they win the best out of 5, from my knowledge of how this format works, do they have to win another best of 5 since they're coming from the loser's bracket? Because if it's just a typical best of 5 shootout, there's no advantage (or point) of being the team that stays at winner's bracket. If this is the case, do they play the same maps listed?

Yes.  if you look at the bracket, there is a potential second final, after the final.

The advantage to being in the winners' bracket is that you need win only one final, the losers' bracket has to win both.

You must lose twice to be out of the tournament.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 44 of 200 (242 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2013

edit. no invisitext here.

Message 45 of 200 (229 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Nov 28, 2013
No the match after the final is the bracket reset which happens if you lose the final. Both final and bracket reset are best of 5.
Message 46 of 200 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Nov 28, 2013
wait what, what's the bracket reset? #FirstTimePlayingDoubleElimination
Message 47 of 200 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Nov 28, 2013
Holy ****, so you have to beat us best of 5 twice and we only have to be you once!?
Message 48 of 200 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
Holy ****, so you have to beat us best of 5 twice and we only have to be you once!?

Yeah that's pretty much it. It's fair because it's a double elimination format, like scootgar said, your team has to lose twice (in best of 5s) to be out of the tournament because your team is still in winner's side while Infectus are in losers so you only need to beat them once (best of 5) to win the tourney. That being said, it's a very tough ask for Infectus to win so this final might be a test of mental endurance if you guys possibly at maximum of 10 matches. 

Message 49 of 200 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Nov 29, 2013
Yeah well as the mapshaven't been announced I doubt we have to play both on the same night.
Message 50 of 200 (350 Views)
0 Likes