Lombax Warrior
78 posts

Re: A "Manly" Mode

Mar 13, 2014

If a player has been sitting in a specific area for more than 30 seconds, they will get a notification to move out of the area in 10 seconds

that is the most asinine thing I've ever read.

Message 11 of 15 (350 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 13, 2014
Cowjedi you must not read much ^ familiarize yourself with some books and other literature!!

Camping is annoying . I can understand someone saying no armor maybe that could work too. Obviously this couldn't happen now because the player pool has dwindled some, however in tlou 2 I'd welcome such a mode.
Message 12 of 15 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

Mar 13, 2014
Lol automatic death? I'll just pin down one guy with a group of two hunting rifles until he gets an auto death by just standing still or if he runs we will just shoot him.
I think auto death is too harsh. More like you are revealed on the radar until you die.
But this mode is silly anyway with so little people playing.
Everyone will be using the sar, armor will just prolong your inevitable death.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 13 of 15 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

Sorry, but i don't really see this type of mode happening.

First off how will the "no camping" idea be implemented? Will it count as the player not moving from a specific area like a room? If so how big is this area and how far do you have to be to in order to avoid the penalty? If it's too big then the players will have extreme difficulty to avoid the penalty. Too small and a person can just move an inch and be completely fine. And what a person said before, it could be easy to trap that person and have the person be spammed by penalties, having him/her at a disadvantage. 

Second is that the option for stealth is basically lost. This mode will probably be primarily rushing except it's both teams are running at the same time, which to me is basically Call of Duty. 

Third is this type of mode can't be implemented for all modes. Interrogation is basically a camping mode.You find the lockbox and wait for it to open. How will it work if you opening/ defending the lockbox? It will just penalize you for playing what the game is about? Survivors won't work either. In that mode you only have one life. what happens when you're the last one? Do you go guns blazing and die in a second, or do you try to strategize and eventually die because the opposing team pins you down for ten seconds? Supply Raid will only work but i doubt a large percentage of people will play it. Eventually it will be a Downtown of Game modes. 

Message 14 of 15 (300 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Mar 15, 2014

Message 15 of 15 (284 Views)