Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 13 2014
By: L_A_White_Boy PlayStation MVP 1916 posts

A "Manly" Mode

14 replies 280 views Edited Mar 13, 2014

This type of mode would be sort of what the rules would be in the tournament. How, in this mode, there will be no purchaseables and no molotovs but armor, smoke bombs and bombs are available. This is to test how people can actually aim with whatever weapon(s) you have. In this mode you can use whatever skills you want and whatever weapon(s) you want. The 2x4 will be in this mode, so think wisely on how to use it.

One more thing to add, there will be a "No Camping Notification" implemented into each mode just so that no player can be able to camp. This is to prevent players from camping. If a player has been sitting in a specific area for more than 30 seconds, they will get a notification to move out of the area in 10 seconds, and the general area to move out of will be highlighted, or else the player will get an automatic death counted to their scoreboard and overall deaths.

This will be available on all modes: Supply Raid, Survivors and Interrogation. The times will all be the same on those modes so that matches won't be too long or too short. I was thinking Supply Raid should have at least 10-15 more respawns considering 20 (I think is too little). Let me know what you think about the amount of respawns idea.

Would this mode be of any interest to any players? Let me know what you think.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1082 posts

Re: A "Manly" Mode

Mar 13, 2014

I would want this mode except I would want it to be a free for all mode. Has a 3-5 minute time limit 5 rounds for 3 minutes 3 rounds for 5 minutes. If the match ends with more than 1 person alive no one is rewarded the win and the match continues and has the potiental to have up to 7 rounds for 3 minutes and 5 rounds for 5 minutes. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3499 posts

Mar 13, 2014
If people actually played this game, this mode would be cool.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1144 posts

Mar 13, 2014

If you want no camping, simply put a 20 second radar.

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2800 posts

Mar 13, 2014

Split the pool even more? No, thanks.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Mar 13, 2014

I would like this mode. It's actually the way I play already, so I would only benefit from it. Except I maybe have 1-2 molotovs per game, which isn't much anyway, so I would not miss them.

I like the idea about some camping restriction. Losing a life is one idea, but I would even like the "appear on the map" thing more.

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
7930 posts

Mar 13, 2014
What a terrible mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (200 Views)
Fender Bender
2800 posts

Mar 13, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
What a terrible mode.

Agreed.

It's terrible if they allow armor. :smileyvery-happy: Armor is not "manly", just like molotovs! :smileytongue:

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Mar 13, 2014

I feel like although camping can be annoying on the recieving end, people fail to realize that it actually is a fighting tactic. (it may be the lowest level or whatever but it is) because the only options to attack are running in, stealth, and camping whether its by a box or not and if you were to take that out, youd have people constantly moving which could slow down the game. and in the world of TLoU im pretty sure these people would be doing ANYTHING to get their supplies for their clans/groups.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2800 posts

Mar 13, 2014

Punishing camping is stupid IMHO. There are treasure chests in UC3 and toolboxes in TLOU for a reason.

You wanna camp? No problem! I'll keep looting the chests. :smileyhappy:

Camping was a bigger problem in UC2, because there was no incentive to move around.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (172 Views)