I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: ANYONE THINK THAT THE BOW SHOULD BE NERFED?

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
Bow takes skill, semi-auto is the only weapon that is OP.

I would say the same about the semi, but you gotta spend a lot of parts to keep that ammo up, unless you're just perfect with 1 headshot then body. The thing about the semi auto and bow is that they are both fine without upgrades, unlike the sniper rifle. I wouldn't know about the burst rifle because I can't use it worth anything.

But the bow is also the most expensive. You can silence the others for just 2 points more and have that low profile ability. Though I will say, the bow can take me down so fast, and I won't even know what got me, while a silenced weapon, I at least can hear it well enough to know what it was. The Bow is fine. It's kinda easy to use, in my opinon but so is the semi auto. With the bow though, you get a 3 arrow drop from enemies, which is very nice compared to the semi auto. The bow gets a lot of complaints but honestly, I can use other weapons far better than the bow. Leave the game alone, it's more balanced than most multi players out there.

Message 51 of 130 (5,852 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6981 posts

Jul 3, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

not really, it is the most versatile gun sure...but it is the jack of trades gun done right, unlike the M9 in UC3. Other weapons can easily outclass it if utilized correctly.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 52 of 130 (5,850 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jul 3, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

not really, it is the most versatile gun sure...but it is the jack of trades gun done right, unlike the M9 in UC3. Other weapons can easily outclass it if utilized correctly.

That is true with all weapons in this game, which is why I love how few of them there are. Makes it perfect. Everyone should copy and pase this to any post saying the game is un balanced.

Message 53 of 130 (5,846 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6981 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

That is true with all weapons in this game, which is why I love how few of them there are. Makes it perfect. Everyone should copy and pase this to any post saying the game is un balanced.

I also love the fact that this makes pistol-only loadouts so viable, since it relies on how good the player is, not how good the weapon is.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 54 of 130 (5,838 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6844 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

I guess some people really don't have a problem with getting bow rapid fired, but with that in mind the ammo availability for it is ridiculous compared to other weapons.

Even the hunting Rifle which has a longer reload between shots and also needs only one headshot or two bodyshots to down and one to execute just like the bow, only gets 2 bullets from an enemy. Every other weapon as far as I know only gives enough to down the enemy at the most. The bow gives 3 which is enough to down the enemy with only bodyshots and execute them, and on top of that you have the chance to recover additional shots.

My point being, for the RoF and damage that the bows has, it's unbalanced that it have the most available ammo of any weapon. Ammo scarcity is something I've had to deal with for all the other weapons every now and then unless I want to spend parts, but the with the Bow I almost never run out of ammo.

I don't think anything should be changed right now though, even if people did agree with me. I'm all for waiting a while before anything balance wise (besides exploits) is changed.

Message 55 of 130 (5,829 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 3, 2013

The damage is fair, though debatable against armor.

The best solution would be a draw speed. It's rediculous for it to be shooting cross-map as soon as you've pressed L1. 

We don't want it to be useless, and we don't want it to be top-tier like Uncharteds M9.

Message 56 of 130 (5,797 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Bow needs nerf? go nerf that burst rifle, that thing is utter pure BS most of the time

Then we'll talk about the bow

Message 57 of 130 (5,786 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
729 posts

Jul 3, 2013
If ND does change how the weapons behave then I think ND will never have a a good MP without being ruined by whiners later on.

U2 was a good example how an amazing MP was ruined, if they change the balance of the game, which imo is almost perfect then TLOU mp will be another U3 fail or U2 post 1.05
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 58 of 130 (5,785 Views)
Survivor
2457 posts

Jul 3, 2013
It's insanely good imo not really op though.but I really don't think it should take one arrow to execute somebody. No other weapon is that easy to down somebody and then execute them in a blink of an eye.
Message 59 of 130 (5,782 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Redtide19 wrote:

How does the bow manage to take out armor in 2 hits??? Doesnt make sense to me.

No, I think it's fine as it is

Message 60 of 130 (5,778 Views)
0 Likes