I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Re: ANYONE THINK THAT THE BOW SHOULD BE NERFED?

Jul 4, 2013

I think its a little too much when a bow makes the same full damage at every drawn angle.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 111 of 130 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Then you are simply a natural at the bow. I'm rarely, if ever, killed by a bow-user as I find it quite easy to beat the it in most combat situation. The other weapons have much easier handling.

I still cannot fathom how people seriously complain about the bow, the semi-auto is significantly better. I guess they'll figure it out sooner or later.

After hundreds of matches, I've been killed by the bow quite a bit. But then again, I died a lot after doing the journey 4 times. I am not a natural, it's just easy. It appears to me that you're saying it's difficult, when it's not even remotely difficult. Just this morning, I had several matches with the bow and did astounding, because people can't hear it. More so than a silenced weapon.

The Semi auto is not significantly better in any way. More expensive ammo, one more loadout point than the bow to silence it, and you start with 7 rounds, and it takes 4-5 if you want to execute somebody, and with the bow I think I recall starting ammo being 7 or 9? (it's a holiday, I MAY have had a few drinks so it's not fresh in my memory) Regardless, an execution with the bow takes 2-3. AND when you get an ammo drop you get those 3 arrows back, plus some arrows can be retrieved. Now, you're not gonna hit every single time. You'll miss every so often, and when you do, the bow is the most forgiving because I can never hear it if there is anything going on. A silenced semi or 9mm I can directly tell which direction they are in. Also the bow breaks armor in 1, as opposed to 2. Those are where I see the bow doing significantly better. The bow has a few draw backs, yes. But not enough to make the semi "significantly" better, or vice versa.

I don't think that anybody is going to "realize" what our opinion is on the balance, because a lot of people are pretty **bleep** happy. I know I am. No weapon is significantly better than the other and if anyone has any doubt about balance, the first thing brought up in discussion is the bow. I have no clue how anyone could see the Semi being OP with circumstances like that.

Message 112 of 130 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 4, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I still cannot fathom how people seriously complain about the bow, the semi-auto is significantly better. I guess they'll figure it out sooner or later.

There's always a significant portion of users who can't properly use a weapon, and get pwned by it and THAT is the basis of their call for nerfdom.  That's what happened with the G-MAL.   The G-MAL was stopping people in their tracks and killing in two bursts.  M-9 users didn't like this, and bitched endlessly.

Now, the FAL... that was ridiculously OP.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 113 of 130 (231 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 4, 2013

scootgar wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

There's always a significant portion of users who can't properly use a weapon, and get pwned by it and THAT is the basis of their call for nerfdom.  That's what happened with the G-MAL.   The G-MAL was stopping people in their tracks and killing in two bursts.  M-9 users didn't like this, and bitched endlessly.

Now, the FAL... that was ridiculously OP.

Exactly. I still remember a blindfire maniac whining about the G-MAL and even stopping power in general.

Only the FAL had been declared unanimously OP.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 114 of 130 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jul 5, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

well a reduction in RoF and clip size, wouldn't that make it similar to the revolver? Seeing as they both down/kill in 3/2 bullets except the revolver is much slower with a smaller clip size and as compensation is a free gun to use that can't be silenced.

It would be similar to the revolver yes, except it would still have a larger magazine and greater effective range (along with the ability to be silenced). 

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
After hundreds of matches, I've been killed by the bow quite a bit. But then again, I died a lot after doing the journey 4 times. I am not a natural, it's just easy. It appears to me that you're saying it's difficult, when it's not even remotely difficult. Just this morning, I had several matches with the bow and did astounding, because people can't hear it. More so than a silenced weapon.

The Semi auto is not significantly better in any way. More expensive ammo, one more loadout point than the bow to silence it, and you start with 7 rounds, and it takes 4-5 if you want to execute somebody, and with the bow I think I recall starting ammo being 7 or 9? (it's a holiday, I MAY have had a few drinks so it's not fresh in my memory) Regardless, an execution with the bow takes 2-3. AND when you get an ammo drop you get those 3 arrows back, plus some arrows can be retrieved. Now, you're not gonna hit every single time. You'll miss every so often, and when you do, the bow is the most forgiving because I can never hear it if there is anything going on. A silenced semi or 9mm I can directly tell which direction they are in. Also the bow breaks armor in 1, as opposed to 2. Those are where I see the bow doing significantly better. The bow has a few draw backs, yes. But not enough to make the semi "significantly" better, or vice versa.

I don't think that anybody is going to "realize" what our opinion is on the balance, because a lot of people are pretty **bleep** happy. I know I am. No weapon is significantly better than the other and if anyone has any doubt about balance, the first thing brought up in discussion is the bow. I have no clue how anyone could see the Semi being OP with circumstances like that.

I appreciate your opinion and I don't disagree that the bow has certain advantages over the semi-auto. But in practical play, the semi-auto is simply superior gunfights. Go play a competitive match on FN/GB, there's a reason 99% of the top players use a silenced semi-auto.

Message 115 of 130 (203 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Jul 5, 2013

@scoot

They bitched because it has the 1.05 2-burst damage and a casualised scope.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 116 of 130 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I appreciate your opinion and I don't disagree that the bow has certain advantages over the semi-auto. But in practical play, the semi-auto is simply superior gunfights. Go play a competitive match on FN/GB, there's a reason 99% of the top players use a silenced semi-auto.

Strange, I thought this game was suppose to be about strategy and surprising your enemy, not about mindless gunfights. Boy have I been playing wrong this entire time.

When I play want to play competitively I am a healer, and my primary is a shotgun. That is my competitive style. The Bow would honesty be my second choice because I don't run and gun. I kill the people who are stupid enough to run and gun. If you're referring to mindless gunbattles that are all about strafing, aiming, being stupid then yes, the Semi would be better. I play with a bit of thought before I go blow people's heads off. I think about how to approach everything then I make my move THEN I go blow people's heads off. Or just cause blood to splatter for my European friends. (Sorry Psyshock :c )

The Semi is good at some maps, and the bow is good at others. I mix and match all around and I think I do pretty good. I'd like to think that, at least.

Message 117 of 130 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Is the Bow seriously that good? I've never been killed by one, I have yet to see a good bow player, and I constantly see them get owned. And the high ranking people I've played rape us with the rifle :/
Message 118 of 130 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

No, dont nerf the bow, infact they should buff it, with explosive arrows, explosive homing arrows, explosive homing arrows that once they down a player teleport me to their downed corpse and enter me into this Psy dance animation that circles me around their crawling body:

Dance

But in all seriousness, bow seems fine as is to me.

Message 119 of 130 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Melee needs a buff.
Message 120 of 130 (95 Views)
0 Likes