Oct 07 2013
By: thesneakyninja9 First Son 9 posts

About rage quitting

[ Edited ]
33 replies 1331 views Edited Oct 7, 2013

I've notice there is alot of rage about people rage quitting on here but I want to bring up a few reasons why alot of people (including myself sometimes) leave the match. Don't get me wrong if there is no problems with the match I will stay and take the loss and the people that leave because the other team is better need to grow up or stop playing but there is reasons alot of people quit for most of the time that I feel like is justified and was wondering if anyone agrees here they are.

severe lag, if i'm playing and the lobby is lagging so bad that it's saying i'm missing direct shots to the chest and then I get shot around a corner and killed i'm going to leave I play games to play me vs you not me vs you vs your walmart toaster for a router internet  connection. there's times where I'll land 5 shots in a target with my revolver standing staitionary aiming at me and not even one bullet will connect and i'll get hit once then twice around the corner when I take cover with none of my body visible to shoot and if this happens alot i'm going to quit if the game won't count my shots in a third person shooter i'm finding a new match.

useless teammates If i'm playing the match and i'm the only one on my team with with a mic and I keep getting triple or quadruple teamed because my whole teams camping in the middle of nowhere i'm going to quit setting up ambushes is fine camping in the middle of nowhere isn't. I play games to have fun not sit there and stare at a still screen for 5 minutes at a time with 3 other people. Also if I keep getting triple or quadruple teamed like they see me and rush me and my teammates don't help when they can i'm going to quit you can't go rambo in this game and I'm not a rusher so I don't run head first in I just get marked and swarmed because my teamates have more fingers then iq points and just camp in a building. if i'm taking one or two of them down and getting swarmed by the remaining people over, and over, and over it's not fun and i'm going to leave it's not my fault my teammates are so mesmerized by the pretty lights on the tv that they don't wanna move their controller.

If I get put in the middle of a match that i'm obviously going to lose if my team has 0 interregations and my safe is halfway unlocked with 2 minutes to go and one other teammate i'm out end of story.

I just want to add if there team isn't lagging and my team is good or average and we just lose and i'm not getting quadruple teammed every time i'll stick it out and take the loss I don't quit games that i'm going to lose unless there's to many uncontrollable factors like lag, dumb teammates, excessive camping, or joining late matches and the ones that leave every game they lose deserve the hate.

does anyone else feel like some of these problems with connection should be addressed? I know you can't fix dumb teammates but the other problems seem like they would be easy to fix I normaly average 90-130 supplies per game when I play with my freinds but when you get laggy enemies and stupid teammates it kind of ruins the experiance anyone else agree?

Message 1 of 34 (1,331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: About rage quitting

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

Hahahahhaha "walmart toaster for internet router" ohhhhh, that made my day, thank you xD

As for rage quitting I pride myself on never quitting Smiley Tongue Now, if it's really bad, I'll just say **bleep** it and leave before the next match starts, because I know if I was on the other team it'd really suck to have everyone leave right before I'm about to win. Keep in mind, not everyone CAN get a better connection. But I can definitely sympathize: I had one round the other night where I had a nailboard that would just NOT connect with a body, ever xD All in all: lag sucks, but we've just gotta deal.

Message 2 of 34 (1,290 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I play an aggresive stealth game. It means that I rush at the enemy in attempt to flank them, or surprise them as soon as possible, preferably before they can craft nailboards and molotovs. Best option is to catch them when they craft. Easy kill, or two.

It happens a lot that I get spotted and swarmed, which is fine. If my team camps, like you described, I'll just turn around and lead the enemy to my team. While both teams are busy shooting themselves, I'll flank enemy team again and finish them off. Having campers teammates isn't bad, you just have to know how to use them.

As for rage quitting.

To me a rage quit is when the guy you're executing vanishes. Leaving the game because your team sucks, the room is laggy, or there's a cheater is ok. That's just leaving a poor game. We're playing for fun, so it makes sense to leave a game that is no longer fun.

Walmart toaster router is funny, but that's not always the issue. The game can pair you with players from the other side of the globe, and even if they have good net connection, they'll still lag on your screen. It's not an issue of wooden modem, but the distance and stupid matchmaking, that allows such games in the first place.

Message 3 of 34 (1,256 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Oct 7, 2013
People on the winning side often leave matches as well, and this is because they get dropped due to any number of network issues, not every match leaver is a rage quitter.
--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 4 of 34 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Oct 7, 2013

nykfist wrote:
People on the winning side often leave matches as well, and this is because they get dropped due to any number of network issues, not every match leaver is a rage quitter.

That's right, I do get dropped when I'm winning. It's irritating when it keeps happening in one single night. The next day, it will be fine again. Hacker or players who can rise from the dead are good reasons to leave the game mid way before you start raging yourself. Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 5 of 34 (1,250 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Console and game freeze a lot too. At least for me.

One time, I down someone with a Bow and the game freezes. Other time, the game gets stuck as my character falls to ground downed. Both must look like a rage quit to others, while it's just the **bleep** machine stopping all of a sudden.

Message 6 of 34 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Sentiel wrote:
As for rage quitting.

To me a rage quit is when the guy you're executing vanishes.

Yeah... I have to agree with you on that one... I also don't think it's fair that you don't get credit for the kill if that happens.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 7 of 34 (1,212 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Oct 9, 2013

LOL... I'm most likely a bloater!  But I only play in the evening when I'm not working. Smiley Happy

I can see why people would quit due to other issues.  Like incomplete missions, or too few parts.  I've joined games more than half done and quit becasue it's almost impssible to gather enough parts or complete my mission.  There are several factors not always apparent to the remaining players.

Message 8 of 34 (1,159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I was going to post a post about rage quitting but the sneaky ninja beat me to it

I'd like to point one thing out too that when someone rage quits, lags out, leaves without it saying "lost connection to host" etc etc that you should at least AT LEAST get some parts. maybe 50 parts just like a regular execution.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 9 of 34 (1,111 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 10, 2013
Haha, who cares if someone RQs? If they're not having fun they have the right to quit whenever they want.
Message 10 of 34 (1,084 Views)