Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 18 2014
By: godshaneboy Splicer 54 posts

Aggressive Shiv Loadout

7 replies 381 views Edited Jun 18, 2014

Hey guys I thought I would share a loadout I have had a lot of success with today. It also uses the (supposedly useless) Bomb Expert 3 perk.

Loadout:

Revolver

Bomb Expert 3

Agility 3

Executioner 3

Explanation of Perks:

BE3- The use of near intstant detonating smoke bombs without the risk of stunning yourself allows you to attack more head on in confrontations or melee giving either a window to get an easy shiv or run away.

Agility 3-The ability to move quickly and quietly allows you to quickly flank around enemies, shiv them, and then get out of dodge when trouble heads your way

Executioner 3- Keeps you supplied with shivs and lets parts rain down on you from the Naughty Dog gods. Has allowed me to be the top player on my team for the majority of matches even when going shiv only into battle.

Tactics:

1) Flank, Flank, Flank, etc...

2) Stick with smoke bombs, shivs, and modded melee weapons.

3) Throw several smoke bombs (Not all at once)  when taking on a group to make sure people stay stunned

4) Run away when needed and then after you have gotten away... Flank

For a test loadout this has worked wonders and I now use it as my primary stealth loadout (No need for Covert Training). I have had some near flawless games with this. Also its a nice loadout that puts BE3 to good use.

What do you think? And If you have any other aggressive shiv loadouts that you like, Share them!

Message 1 of 8 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Aggressive Shiv Loadout

Jun 18, 2014
Bomb Expert 3 is supposedly useless? Don't know where you got that from, but I can guarantee you that's not true :smileywink:
Message 2 of 8 (376 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jun 18, 2014
Isn't this basically BE loadout everyone was fearing before release? The whole smoke the whole team and shiv and smoke and shiv.
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 3 of 8 (365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 18, 2014

BE3 useless? Lol.

And that loadout it's old news.

Message 4 of 8 (353 Views)
Fender Bender
2399 posts

Jun 18, 2014
Old news indeed.
"Launcher is OP" - Skaiifall

*insert broken english here* - Im-Me-21

"Too bad adblock doesnt work on me!" -La_White_Boy

"I play final fantasy because im a scrub!" -Nidhoggr_197

"Please tell ND to add a silenced bow" - Nick's subs
Message 5 of 8 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Jun 18, 2014
Does it work against mics?
Someone uses listen mode and say to his group: "There's a guy flanking us with a smoke bomb as main weapon"
Message 6 of 8 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 18, 2014
I would drop the BE3 for covert 2. I don't often throw the smokes so close to me that I need to avoid the stun unless some one catches me off guard with the smoke in my hand already. Covert will start you with a shiv and paired with agility you can flank people easier.
Message 7 of 8 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jun 18, 2014

I would really like to see someone post up a video of an entire match  (not a collage of different matches) of someone successfully getting BE3 stun-shiv or BE3 stun-shoot against decent players.

I've played a lot since 1.07 was dropped and can only remember a couple of instances where someone clearly had BE3 equipped and got me.  I'm not saying it's useless, but it sure is very situational and for 5 points, I rather spend my points on something that is more useful.  But that is just me.

I could see a team full of Crafter and BE3 users running around being a pain, but it would take a lot of coordination for this to be pulled off.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 8 of 8 (302 Views)