May 22 2014
By: scootgar Limit Breaker 17666 posts

Agility Appreciation Thread

15 replies 2088 views Edited May 22, 2014

So, today I threw a silencer on my Enforcer, added Agility 3 and Scavenger 3, for 12 loadout points, and one point into Strategist.

Since there's been a move, lately, toward aggression, I find far fewer people using listen mode, so Covert's not so needed.

Went a few games with some outrageous scores.  It's a little eerie not hearing your character do anything, but enemies almost didn't seem to know I was anywhere.  And the silenced enforcer is brutal, especially with the rain of bullets Scavenger affords.

Anyone else finding good uses for Agility?  Anyone know how much it improves your speed quantitatively?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 1 of 16 (2,088 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Re: Agility Appreciation Thread

May 22, 2014
It always seems to get me in trouble Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 16 (2,080 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

May 22, 2014

scootgar wrote:

So, today I threw a silencer on my Enforcer, added Agility 3 and Scavenger 3, for 12 loadout points, and one point into Strategist.

Since there's been a move, lately, toward aggression, I find far fewer people using listen mode, so Covert's not so needed.

Went a few games with some outrageous scores.  It's a little eerie not hearing your character do anything, but enemies almost didn't seem to know I was anywhere.  And the silenced enforcer is brutal, especially with the rain of bullets Scavenger affords.

Anyone else finding good uses for Agility?  Anyone know how much it improves your speed quantitatively?

I must be the only one where the majority of time players use stealth and are more cautious like they did before the DLC was released.  Yes I get into occasional games where players run around, but the vast majority of games, players are using stealth or at least not running and gunning.  

Just because people are using fully automatic weapons with an abundance of ammo via scavanger doesn't mean stealth has gone out the window.  

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 3 of 16 (2,070 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

May 22, 2014
Agility 3 with bow= epic. I also cant imagine someone trying to catch up to me without agility and trying to shiv me without running haha
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 4 of 16 (2,067 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

May 22, 2014

I actually find agility as an actually useful stealthy survival skill, not that useless covert garbage. I love it

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 16 (2,061 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 22, 2014
AYE!
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 6 of 16 (2,054 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

May 23, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

scootgar wrote:

I must be the only one where the majority of time players use stealth and are more cautious like they did before the DLC was released.  Yes I get into occasional games where players run around, but the vast majority of games, players are using stealth or at least not running and gunning.  

Just because people are using fully automatic weapons with an abundance of ammo via scavanger doesn't mean stealth has gone out the window.  

I think there's certainly something to playing in a "virtual community."

I never see anyone from the forum unless we're in a party.  I do see the same people in no-party mode, over and over.  In the groups I frequent, there's probably a sizeable majority who do not use Covert (I see them moving in all forms when listening.)   They apparently also don't use Listen mode, much, because since I've switched to using no covert training, i often come around a corner to surprise people who could easily have seen/heard me.

I am rarely surprised by enemies, and I think Agility is a way to move quickly and stealthily, rather than be constantly creeping in crouch walk.  And using the silenced Enforcer has the effect of most silenced weapons: people do not know WTPH is happening until they're down.

So, in a way, I'm using the aggression of others to counter with stealth, but not the traditional.  Rather than sit and ambush, I'm seeking and destroying.   I think people are also a little disturbed by the fact that they're used to where I should be able to get without running, but I get much further.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 7 of 16 (2,028 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

May 23, 2014
Hella people using agility! You should the amount of times I'm trying to catch up to guy. So annoying!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 8 of 16 (1,996 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

May 23, 2014

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Agility only increase crouching speed? What's the point of it if you're not going to use Covert training 2 or 3 then? Might as well just go walking around the map then, because people can see you through listen mode.

Message 9 of 16 (1,981 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

May 23, 2014

BrownToilet wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Agility only increase crouching speed? What's the point of it if you're not going to use Covert training 2 or 3 then? Might as well just go walking around the map then, because people can see you through listen mode.

Agility 2 and 3 increases walking speed too

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 10 of 16 (1,973 Views)
0 Likes