Big Daddy
16352 posts

Re: Agility Appreciation Thread

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

BrownToilet wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Agility only increase crouching speed? What's the point of it if you're not going to use Covert training 2 or 3 then? Might as well just go walking around the map then, because people can see you through listen mode.

It increases crouching speed and walking speed, and the speed with which you climb or vault over things.

And you've missed the part where I say people don't seem to be using listen mode as much as expected.

Message 11 of 16 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

May 23, 2014

Got Agility in 4 of my 6 loadouts. It is just great if you're not one of those players who wants to rush everytime you see an enemy. Just make a fast way to their backs and shoot. I think Agility is more stealth than CT. 

They see me posting. They hating.
Message 12 of 16 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

May 24, 2014

It's really useful because as you said people are playing more agressively and therefore less cautiously so I have a great time flanking enemies and taking them out 1 by 1. It's also quite nice for stalking someone for a shiv because you can walk faster than them.

Message 13 of 16 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

May 24, 2014

I've been testing out Agility and also removed covert as Scoot suggested.  Scoot does have a good point that Covert with Agility may not be needed.  I'll trail behind and follow the other team and occasionally use listen mode to make sure they aren't covering themselves.  Almost all the times, I was able to follow undetected.  I've had a lot of games where I flanked and took out 3 guys and once in awhile all 4.  

I'm liking Agility not necessarily for the flanking ability, but the fact that in combat you can make an escape and being harder to catch up to.  You can easily get away from a lot of battles without running.  While running away has it's place, walking away with Agility 2-3 on is better in a lot of cases.  

I've noticed that the difference between the walking and crotch walking speeds of Agility 2 and 3 is pretty significant.  If you are going to dump 3 points into Agility you might as well put in 4 for the significant increase in speed.  Really helps when trying to shiv someone.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 14 of 16 (366 Views)
Big Daddy
16352 posts

May 25, 2014

Yeah, I'll get much more use out of its speed bonus to normal moving than Marathon Runner gives to Sprinting.

Message 15 of 16 (348 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 25, 2014
Yes. Crotch Walking.
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 16 of 16 (344 Views)
0 Likes