Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2013
By: rottenfruityum Hekseville Citizen 283 posts

Aim Assist.

38 replies 621 views Edited Nov 25, 2013

wouldn't you like to be able to turn off aim assist or have it on? I can't stand aim assist specially since i know how to play it does things you dont want it to do all of the time and for me spoils alot of things.

"no assist."
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (621 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: Aim Assist.

Nov 25, 2013

hmm, I wrote this in the wrong place i meant to put it on mp thread category can it be moved?

"no assist."
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Nov 25, 2013

rottenfruityum wrote:

can it be moved?

Just report your 1st post.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
643 posts

Nov 26, 2013
I don't really notice Aim Assist.

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Nov 26, 2013
I said it in another thread about aim assist, but I think people really undervalue it. It's really hard to be very precise with thumbsticks, which is why it's there in the first place. That extra little bit of nudge or stickiness with your reticle is what makes it possible to snap quickly to a target, or move your reticle that last little shred for the headshot, or hit somebody as they're sprinting around the map. If you've ever noticed that killing teammates in a game with friendly fire is a lot harder than killing enemies, aim assist is the reason. And for every time you fail to hit your target because aim assist threw you off, I'm sure there are numerous times that you would've failed without it.

Now, all of that being said, I see no reason not to make it an option. If nothing else it'd be something to try playing around with.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (496 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

So many complains about TLOU MP aim assist when UC3's aim assist is WAY worse. This feels more like the good ol low aim assist of UC2. (No wonder, it's the UC2 team afterall..) What is wrong with you ppl? Why wheren't there more ppl complaining about UC3's sticky aim assist *sigh*

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (493 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Nov 26, 2013
The only time that I notice aim assist is when I'm sniping.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013
I feel like part of it is planted bombs. They're difficult enough to hit on their own. If an enemy is standing next to one and you're trying to shoot it to hit them, between the miniscule hit box of the bomb and aim assist pulling your reticle back to the enemy odds are you'll be downed before you can hit your target.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (472 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3635 posts

Nov 26, 2013
I don't have any real issue with the aim assist in this game. It helps more than it hurts. I do hate when you have a player 1 shot from being down and his teammate crosses behind him and my recticlefollows the other guy. But all games do that to some degree.

I don't see a problem with an option though.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Only semi related here, but I'd like if you could fire through your own teammates. Really sick of having teammates run in front of me while I'm shooting and eating my last bullet.

And yeah, when two enemies are close together and it swaps back and forth it's really hard to do anything. Still definitely more helpful than not though.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (443 Views)