Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Re: Am I the only one who stopped playing support since the latest patch?

Feb 28, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
It's not ND's vision.

It was the people's.

I am still amazed how a small group of loud mouths can manipulate a developer and player base into changing the nature of a videogame. It's not fair, but it is what it is.

THIS IS WHERE THE CARS LIVE! GITCHUONE!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (167 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18280 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I didn't stop playing support, but I completely dropped Collector. It's worthless now.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (166 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

To the OP -

I don't understand, if you're not good at shooting, you still have melee weapons. 1 hit stick is free.

It's still rewarding to be a Support in your team. My husband jimmymare runs Support and he IS the reason why all of us came out alive during a firefight while 4 of the enemies died. When I play with him, he plays Medic to the team with Reviver and FAT MAX. And guess what, sometimes he even have the luxury of equipping a Flamethrower because he has that amount of parts.

And he never  use Collector (even pre patch).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Feb 28, 2014
**bleep** Naughty Dog ? Nerfing Collector really ?

What is the point of using this perk now if it doesn't apply to FAT nor Crafter anymore ? ...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (142 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1145 posts

Mar 23, 2014
From what I've observed with all the matches I've spent playing a variety of teams, there are a low amount of support players in a team. When there ARE support players, they're usually the first ones to get downed or die because they have don't have enough special traits to defend themselves besides the quick healing of first aid training. This hindrance is further increased when they lack a large firearm. Sacrificing points for Reviver 3 was the only effective active support skill people could use during combat to prevent getting rush-killed, Then Crafter 3 if people didn't decide to rush you at boxes, then the rest like first aid training leaves too many people out of combat too long unless in a cover fight (Which do not last long with competitive players) and all levels of hawk eye are completely negated by covert training 3, which 90% of players use. Combine this with getting spawned killed and lag killed, and support players become a liability to the team. I believe if anything needs to be buffed, it's the support skills we have right now and reviver changed back to pre-patch 1.06.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (105 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1240 posts

Mar 23, 2014

I never use Collector or Crafter on my Support class anyway, so no.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Mar 23, 2014
i still play support role... jus no longer use collector now.

i made a new psn account so im trying to get the skull mask again.

Im currently running FAT2 and Crafter2 only cuz i havent unlocked the max levels of those yet. I also only play survivors to maximize my parts. I average 5 to 7k parts per match.

Id say the collector nerf wasnt TOO bad... cuz maybe with collector i may get 1k more parts per match which really isnt all that much.

Playing support class til 12 weeks are done then im outie lol. IMO support is boring
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1086 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
From what I've observed with all the matches I've spent playing a variety of teams, there are a low amount of support players in a team. When there ARE support players, they're usually the first ones to get downed or die because they have don't have enough special traits to defend themselves besides the quick healing of first aid training. This hindrance is further increased when they lack a large firearm. Sacrificing points for Reviver 3 was the only effective active support skill people could use during combat to prevent getting rush-killed, Then Crafter 3 if people didn't decide to rush you at boxes, then the rest like first aid training leaves too many people out of combat too long unless in a cover fight (Which do not last long with competitive players) and all levels of hawk eye are completely negated by covert training 3, which 90% of players use. Combine this with getting spawned killed and lag killed, and support players become a liability to the team. I believe if anything needs to be buffed, it's the support skills we have right now and reviver changed back to pre-patch 1.06.

This is so sad, but true :smileysad:

I just yesterday had a match on DLC maps with a bunch of randoms, and they treated me like the holy grail because I was running reviver AND FAT3 reviving and fixing them up again and again. I used Collector 1 and as I didnt get many kills was very low on the scoreboard and actually went with a K/D < 0. We still easily won though, but it was not satisfying as it used to be... Man I wish they bring back the bonus on healing and crafting. :smileysad:

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
366 posts

Mar 24, 2014

in what way was collecter2 a support thing?

photo Mysig_zps22a4e03c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Mar 24, 2014
^

i agree with this, if you run collector and constantly get headshots, downs, executions those points still add up and you can purchase that first upgrade or power wep real quick
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (60 Views)
0 Likes