Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
59 posts

Re: Appreciation. What?

Sep 4, 2013
I agree. I just don't believe making countless threads to complain is not the right answer, a simple post on a feedback thread would be more appropriate but still not ideal. In my opinion, a thread should be made to address an issue in a mature manner, discuss (not argue/rant) various game related things, or ask for feedback/plan events. This should be the proper etiquette, or similar.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 60 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11080 posts

Sep 4, 2013

FEARLESS_HOBO wrote:
No person has a right to complain about this, only a right to constructively criticize.

Complain can be good in some degrees, complaining creates discussion and that's what ND needs so they know what they should patch next.

Anyway, you can't change how people judge stuff, and from what i've seen from this community, the whining will never stop.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 60 (152 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

If you call your game "the best mp ever conceived", expect to take shít when your game fails to meet expectations. In this case, it failed miserably with regards to the above quote.

I think many people are simply mad that ND has been so unresponsive to peoples in-game requests. Countless ideas like adding an Infected mode, saving your team-mate from special executions, and re-doing the awful spawn system we currently have are just written off as "technical difficulties" that can't be implemented. ND went about selling a season pass months ago and yet two and half months after release there still is no timetable for the dlc release. We really don't even know what their plans are for this game. 

I just get this feeling that ND really doesn't give a dam about TLoU MP. Honestly I don't think they ever expected it to be this popular and never planned on giving it the kind of support that Uncharted received. Their attitude really can be summed up as "Dude we already have your money".

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 60 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Yaaaaawn.

1. If you're gonna request people to express themselves in a "respectful and constructive manner" you might wanna lead by example. I don't know about you, but if we were having a conversation and you called me ignorant, the conversation would quickly leave the realm of "constructive and respectful".

2. The "free game mode" stance is weak. Why? Because this game launched with basically one freaking game mode. Deathmatch. Socom on the freaking PS2 launched with more game modes. I can name a number of games on the PSP that launched with more game modes. This "free" game mode is simply ND cleaning up a mess that should have been resolved pre-launch. Color me not impressed. Spare me the "cherry on top" nonsense because if that was the case, there would not have been an online pass or a season pass. I seen a number of pre-release videos of ND advertising and selling the mp. One of the freaking devs boasted that this would be one of the best mp components ever but you want us to ignore this and act is if the component was some thrown together afterthought? Why, because it failed to live up
to potential?

Bottom line is you people need to stop trying to dictate how others vent over a product that was paid for. This isn't a free to play title. I'm not buying this "it's a single player game" nonsense because the online pass says otherwise. CoD is known to he geared towards mp but people still tear the mediocre single player apart every time. Why? Because it's a part of the package. Just like TLoU mp. ND has been in this business for a long time. They understand that vocal, unsatisfied customers come with the territory. Hell, anybody selling a product should be aware of this simple concept. Naughty Dog as a lot of work to do in order to get this mp where it needs to be. That should be everybody, who is a fan of the components, concern. Not harmless rants on a forum.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 60 (136 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13272 posts

Sep 4, 2013

FEARLESS_HOBO wrote:
No person has a right to complain about this, only a right to constructively criticize. In my opinion, any complaining or bashing is useless information and should be deleted unless presented in a mature manner. There is nothing to suck up? Feel free to represent what you feel is wrong with the mode in a non-ignorant manner (I'm not accusing you of ever doing otherwise; just in general). If you recall I never said say nothing. Yeah the weapons are mostly balanced, I just want some minor tweaks on the weapons to even the scales slightly more, something like a reduction from pain wobble produced from being hit by the SAR I think might work out quite well.

I actually tried the respectful route. It got nowhere.

It appears the only way to get through to some forum people is to scream and shout as loud as possible.

What it has actually come down to is those who support ND no matter what vs those who have to scream and shout to get heard over all the supporters who tend to walk into any thread, derail it and turn it into heavy praise. and then you have the praise threads which get derailed into threads about issues.

The bottom line really is that this forum wont change until most of the forumers start having some respect for other peoples opinions that differ from theirs.

I'm rather objective I try to place myself in the middle and look from both sides. Everyone is to blame from what I can see.

It's impossible for anyone to present anything respectfully when we are all screaming to be heard above each other. Some just have a very sly and underhanded way of doing it.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 60 (118 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I didn't expect to see the last few posts like this when the thread has the word "Appreciate" on it. :smileysurprised:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 60 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16251 posts

Sep 4, 2013
If ND took us more seriously, the forum wouldn't be a rage fest so much.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 60 (112 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Sep 4, 2013

i said before and i will say it again , they gave us a new mode for free , its not perfect but its FREE so  u never hate on something for free this is a fact Thanks ND

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 60 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

This whole its 'free' so therefore you don't have the rig...

Sep 4, 2013

This whole its 'free' so therefore you don't have the right to complain mentatlity is ridiculous. 

First off ND haven't give you this game mode out of the goodness of their heart, they want people to stay playing. The game only had 2 game modes both of which were TDM based. So actually asking for money for a new game mode would be beyond retarded. 

I played it for an hour and it bored me, so I stopped playing. I don't care for it, once you get all the informations its just becomes a game of sitting and waiting. 2 will stay behind to protect the Safe, while the other 2 go get the enemies, you're stuck in a stalemate because the respawns are like 5 feet away from the safe. 

The game is a very niche MP, its not easy just to hop in and play a few rounds. You have to wait a long **bleep** time for the matchmaking to hopefully give you a capable team and if not you just get walked over. 

Just give me the SP DLC (still no word on it)

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 60 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Well YaDig07, your comment is a sublime example of what I am trying to address, ignorance and disrespect. I'll go through your points in a parallel manner to your method.

1. I did -and am- leading by example. I have not blantedly disrepected anyone and have been respectful and graceful to an above-par level. If you believe being called "ignorant" should be taken as an insult then you are, quite simply, ignorant. I don't have time to directly quote the definition of ignorance but it is synonomous with "uneducated" or "unknowing" which should not be taken as a derogatory term as we are all ignorant in regards to certain topics. In this case, people are ignorant of what respect and maturity is, as well as appreciation.

2. An extremely small percentage of people bought this game for the multiplayer. Virtually everyone bought this game for the singleplayer and later played the multiplayer as they realized a MP was added to the game; an addition. The same as BIoshock Infinite never had a MP and still was quite succesfull, I guarentee TLOU would have been too. You weren't supposed to be impressed by the MP. Think about it, would you go to an AC/DC concert and expect the opening act to outperform them? No. Same principal applies. You are expecting way too much out of a desert, whilst ignoring the main dish. As well, your "season pass" point would have been valid if it was mandatory to buy; however, it is not. Just like the MP, the season pass is an added option, you can still enjoy the main components of the game without ever having to buy it, so by no reason should a dependant like the season pass be brought into an educated discussion, as it is almost at the level of irrelevant.

Bottom line is no one is appreciating the hard work that was put into the multiplayer, but are rather knit picking everything that is wrong with the game and exploding their issues to an irrational degree; whilst being disrespectful and ignorant the whole time. I'm not trying to dictate the methods people use to vent their issues with a product they bought. I am suggesting, however, that people try to be educated and well presented when they do so their issue may actually be addressed, rather than annoying and degrading others in an ignorant word frenzy. To address your final point, Naughty Dog have been doing more than enough work! They have added a new game mode with new mechanics, textures, animations, objects, and UI; if you know or research anything about game making you will understand that is no small feat and should not be understated like many in this community continue to do. They never promised the MP would come with a variety of modes and never promised they would release any new modes, yet they did. Be grateful for that; kind of a take it or leave it scenario, nobody is being forced to play the MP.

Now, I appreciate your input but I would like to ask you be more respectful towards me when-and-if you post again. If you read your post over you'll notice you were slightly degrading towards me... "Yaaaaawn." Lets stay in the realm of constructive and respectful please! 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 60 (93 Views)