Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Re: Appreciation. What?

Sep 4, 2013

Hi there.  You guys have quite an argument.
Really amazed me how you guys follow up with each other.
My good English practice Smiley Happy

I think it would be very difficult for anyone to be always calm and respectful while playing this MP.  I had never played such MP that goes against other players, and I was surprised how personal it can get.  Therefore, some people come here and share their thoughts, and sometimes it's very raw how they put in their words. It just has to come out in possible ways (it's better than breaking your door knob by raging etc.) and I think it's alright as long as people don't start threatening or bulling against certain individual. There are some friendly threads and the otherwise as well.  As people are not obligated to play this MP and get stressed out, you don't have to read all the nonsense people post here either. Smiley Wink  Grab your controller and have fun!!!
For the legitimate complains or criticism, it's quite interesting how people come up with the ideas.  And it's just sharing thoughts. 

Lastly, sorry about the weird English.
Thank you.

Message 51 of 60 (196 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Sep 5, 2013

I'm sorry... but after reading all these posts, I forgot what this thread is even about Smiley Very Happy.

Hobo- Most people ask for things they want and when they get something they still want more. It's a part of human life.

However, I appreciate everything Naughty Dog has done to this multiplayer... wasn't expecting it Smiley Wink.

photo c3a7dc9b-c276-47cd-8091-3c765dad38a1_zps9a60337e.jpg
Message 52 of 60 (152 Views)
Splicer
59 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Jawad333, I agree with you completely! Human nature can be real annoying haha. I appreciate it too man!
Message 53 of 60 (148 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Smiley Very Happy

Nothing to say more.

photo c3a7dc9b-c276-47cd-8091-3c765dad38a1_zps9a60337e.jpg
Message 54 of 60 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 5, 2013

FEARLESS_HOBO wrote:
I agree. I just don't believe making countless threads to complain is not the right answer, a simple post on a feedback thread would be more appropriate but still not ideal. In my opinion, a thread should be made to address an issue in a mature manner, discuss (not argue/rant) various game related things, or ask for feedback/plan events. This should be the proper etiquette, or similar.

That's what i tried to do on my nerfs and buffs thread http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/My-thoughts-on-Weapons-Balancing-P.... I said specifically that everyone could  share their opinions and use REAL arguments and debate respectfully, nevertheless only some people did come in and stated their opinions and agreed/disagreed giving arguments, others would just say nonsense like: "Good post, but every weapons fine, specially the SAR, that one's perfect." And basically that was the main problem, the SAR. 

So now people are just ignoring the thread, and at this rate ill just keep making more threads because that's their intent, leaving it in the dark so ND doesnt fix the SAR or any issue that needs fixing for that matter. The fault is not on the person who makes the thread but of the rest of you/us who ignore them. 

Also, on response to the OP, these kind of appreciation threads are getting old now. With all due respect, i've seen 10 of these already with uncharted 2/3 forums and almost all the time there is also a Multiplayer "thanks" thread or something like that, so no need to go ahead and say once again: "Oh, people are such whiners" When 1) Your whining yourself 2) The point of these kinds of forums is to point out the "mistakes" or "unfairness" of a game so ND knows what to fix, sure, some people take it to an extreme making insults and stuff, but seriously, generating debate here means we are doing it right.

Message 55 of 60 (128 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

Message 56 of 60 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Sep 5, 2013

This forum is definitely split between people who think ND are the decendants of Gods and can do no wrong and people who use logic and reason to show how the game could be better. The forums are definitely skewed against the latter.

To minimo's well written and designed thread these are some of the responces the thread received:

"It's fine™" (in relation to the SAR)

"No nerfs, no buffs"

"the flamethrower is too hot, they should nerf it to spray out a cooling sprinkle of water instead."

"You sound like a whiner who complains about it because you die from it all the time from noobs. Go ahead and nerf the SAR and watch the game become ruined like every other MP. "

Now while not everybody acted like a buffoon, there were more then a few people who did.

How the hell does one "respectfully reply" to any of these comments?

Message 57 of 60 (95 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Minimo123 wrote:

That's what i tried to do on my nerfs and buffs thread http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/My-thoughts-on-Weapons-Balancing-P.... I said specifically that everyone could  share their opinions and use REAL arguments and debate respectfully, nevertheless only some people did come in and stated their opinions and agreed/disagreed giving arguments, others would just say nonsense like: "Good post, but every weapons fine, specially the SAR, that one's perfect." And basically that was the main problem, the SAR. 

So now people are just ignoring the thread.

You do realise we have already had all those arguments, for the last 10 weeks?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 58 of 60 (88 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

This forum is definitely split between people who think ND are the decendants of Gods and can do no wrong and people who use logic and reason to show how the game could be better. 

Again, you've missed a significant portion of the history here.

I have been, since the release of Uncharted 3, almost unremittingly critical of ND.   Go look up my posts in that section, if you like.   In the past I've been banned for a year for criticism of ND policy, along with two smaller bans.

This game is different.  They got a lot of things right.   The failure of people to regurgitate long, drawn out counter arguments to nerf requests isn't a lack of logic.  We've served our time and made our answers.  Experience demonstrates that no matter how many times you answer, some new, lazy, "Hey I have an idea" guy comes along and repeats what you've already answered.

Asking the question again and not getting a full response doesn't make you right.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 59 of 60 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
59 posts

Sep 5, 2013
cdub420--, I am just as annoyed by those comments as the next person. The game definitely has flaws that should be brought to light, however, acknowledging those ignorant individuals that post those comments with a retaliating comment is giving them exactly what they want - attention - and fueling them on to do it again indefinitely. I'm just trying to work step-by-step (like this thread) to attempt to make this forum a more respectable and mature place. Eventually the immature and disrespectful ones will find other ways to get their dose of attention.

I also agree the forums are quite split. There are some gray areas however, I appreciate ND but I am not what people would consider a "fanboy" I try to constructively criticize just to balance out the level of praise and hate.I understand the flaws and the positives of the MP and just want both to be brought to light in a dignified manner that will help everyone get what they want.
Message 60 of 60 (82 Views)
0 Likes