Apr 17 2014
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11907 posts

April Q&A Updated!

31 replies 583 views Edited Apr 17, 2014

"Is there anything you can tell us about the planned new single player difficulty? Is it more challenging than survivor, and if it is... How much more challenging? I'm personally hoping for certain A.I. switches to be turned off/on. For example, Ellie giving you health kits/bullets to be turned off/scaled back. Also I remember reading somewhere that the amount of flanking the human enemies do was scaled back to avoid frustration. Can we expect things like this to be tweaked?" – LudicrouslyLiam

It’s very challenging, yes. You’ll likely have read all about it by the time these questions are posted live. The AI is very smart and very aggressive.

"What new information can you provide to us, the gaming public, with regards to the 3rd DLC drop and a possible season 2 DLC? Thanks for answering my question." - M477P0775

Check the Naughty Dog blog right now! We’ll even be showing you what you get before you can get it.

"Can you make a new head item (Hat/Mask/Helmet) as a prize exclusively for those who got the platinum trophy for The Last of Us & who got 100% on it, also a customization item on Uncharted 3 for who completed all the multiplayer trophies? That would be appreciated." – RainzFTW

Congratulations on getting platinum trophies! That’s impressive. It’s very cool idea for this reward but getting head items made and in-game take a long time and it’s a process. We don’t have the resources to devote to this kind of reward this go around but it’s something we’ll consider for the future.

"Just a few small questions. So now that you've revealed a remastered edition TLOU on PS4 with everything... What can we expect for those who still stick with the PS3? Will there be any kind of extras? Will there be an upgrade for at least those who bought the season pass? Thanks!" –YoungBeard

We have a new DLC Drop – the final in the season pass – coming soon. The details about DLC and upgrades or extras – if any –are being still worked out. The Season Pass value was great before and now it’s really remarkable once the new DLC comes out.

"You confirmed the ''The Last Of Us: PS4 version'', which all of the fans will love it, I have a few questions about it but I think this is the most important one: Will there be an ''Uncharted: Trilogy'' for the ps4, with the 3 games and maybe ''Uncharted Golden Abyss'' because the touchscreen can be used on the DS4 now. Will there be any information about that too, and will it include all the DLC's (including anniversary drake from uncharted 2) on the ps4 edition. Thank you very much for your Time and hope to receive a reply. Peace, Redouanfaka" – Redouanfaka

The Last of Us Remastered is coming in Summer 2014. As for our other games we haven’t given it much thought. It’s possible obviously but we don’t have any plans for it.

"Why can't we see the animations of other players doing things like opening a supply box, picking up ammo from a dead body, picking up a health kit, etc.?" - Nick-A-30

The animation for a player opening a supply box does play for other players in the match (though the box doesn't open, since the supply box open/closed status is specific to each player).  For the pickup animations, because all the pickups like ammo, supplies, crafting ingredients, and health kits are specific to each player the pickup animations aren't transferred over the network.  It does create some inconsistency though, since a player might be spotted as their arm reaches up to grab a health kit from behind cover.  It's not something that's really on our radar since it has a really small effect on the game but it's something we'll keep in mind for future titles.

"Hello, once the player pool gets smaller will you remove the playlist option 'no parties' for the three modes? Thanks." – Maharaku

We're keeping an eye on the player counts and if those playlists become too small we will remove them.  They've been doing a good job for quite a while though, so we'll keep them active as long as we can.

"What's up with the tops of all the leaderboards? They seem rather off. Parts per minute for Supply Raid is 46545372.0, Best game 1179013435 with only 42 minutes played. Doesn't seem possible at level 0. Do you not clear cheaters from the list? And how do stats like this even exist?" –EzraMajor

Yeah, unfortunately there has been some hacking going on in the leaderboards. It was an issue for UNCHARTED 3 and it’s continued into TLOU. In order to fix it we’d need to wipe all the leaderboards and start again. Obviously that can cause some issues and doesn’t fully prevent further hacking so we trust our community to know what’s best. We’re looking into ways to make the leaderboard more hack-proof in the future.

"I just found out about some secret files you guys had still on the TLOU's disc, according to the uploader they were all for Factions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AaFWqfl5iA&list=UUt0C0HNj2lV0rVQypC4HBbQ My question is: Why didn't you guys add all of the sound files found in TLOU's disc, to the Factions multiplayer?" - Quinzen8

The VO events posted in that YouTube video are from the single player game.  Multiplayer has its own VO events that were written and recorded specifically for multiplayer, since most VO events in single player don't translate into multiplayer.

"Hey everyone, I've loved everything you guys have ever put out. My all-time overall FAVORITE games are the original Crash Bandicoot games… Like from the first one to Warped. Team Racing and Bash were fun too. But ALL I want to know is if you own the rights to Crash again. You don't have to confirm or deny, but if you do don't deny it… So do you guys own Crash again?" - cody-lee_21

We don’t own the Crash rights. We are hoping to use them for some 30th Anniversary activities and have been talking with Activision about these.

"Can we please have Jak 4?" - Fletcherrenn08

We tried right before The Last of Us and it didn’t work. There’s some concept art of it out there. You’ll see more of those attempts at character design in the new Art of Naughty Dog book.  But, hey, never say never!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Naughty-Dog-General-Discussion/UPDATED-Q-amp-A-with-the-Naugh...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 32 (583 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7281 posts

Re: April Q&A Updated!

Apr 17, 2014

what the hell! the questions are actually not half-bad! Possibility of crash bandicoot coming back, YES!!!!

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 2 of 32 (569 Views)
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Apr 17, 2014

inb4 disappo...

...it's not half bad.

Message 3 of 32 (545 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Apr 17, 2014

I've been waiting for a Q&A like this to come into my life

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 4 of 32 (524 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

Wow nice questions Nick 30-A, EzraMajor, Quinzen!

I am singularly pleased.

1326.gif

And how dare you Mahakaru! I thirve in No Playlists! I must hunt down new players and feed on their flesh.

Message 5 of 32 (503 Views)
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Apr 17, 2014
I just wished they picked someone else's questions when it came to DLC, that was definitely too late, and not even worth askin tbh. Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 32 (489 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
I just wished they picked someone else's questions when it came to DLC, that was definitely too late, and not even worth askin tbh. Smiley Indifferent

Yeah they used that "3rd DLC already revealed!" line as a shield. Tisk tisk.

Message 7 of 32 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014
^Well atleast they didn't answer the question,"is TLOU coming to PS4?" That would have enraged me.
Message 8 of 32 (481 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
^Well atleast they disn't answer the question,"is TLOU coming to PS4?" That would have enraged me.

Well is it?

XD

Message 9 of 32 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Apr 17, 2014
^Yes! Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 32 (468 Views)