No news about the possibility of cross platform MP Smiley Sad

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 11 of 32 (1,021 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Re: April Q&A Updated!

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

Good Q&A ND but why remove no parties? Uc3 was unbearable always facing teams when I was always alone. Why would you drive people like myself away? If you want to make bigger player pools then why not just make the dlc maps free? Atleast uc3 had a mode where everyone was on their own. You planning on making a mode like that for us lone wolfs in TLOU ND? because we always get the short stick.

Message 12 of 32 (1,004 Views)
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Apr 17, 2014

mario_fox wrote:

Weapon differences, frame rate differences, and lack of a DLC pool will pretty much make cross-platform MP a no-go, with the non-transferrable stats also giving them an extra argument.

Don't bother asking that question either, because we already know it won't happen.

Message 13 of 32 (1,000 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7284 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

mario_fox wrote:

Weapon differences, frame rate differences, and lack of a DLC pool will pretty much make cross-platform MP a no-go, with the non-transferrable stats also giving them an extra argument.

Don't bother asking that question either, because we already know it won't happen.

time to ask the question 8 times in the next Q&A.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 14 of 32 (994 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

mario_fox wrote:

They could integrate TLOU's PS3 DLC pool with TLOU PS4.

Message 15 of 32 (990 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2123 posts

Apr 17, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

mario_fox wrote:

Yeah, but you'll have "Technical difficulties."

Message 16 of 32 (980 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 17, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I wish. That would be awesome. But I doubt this will happen

young beard signature
Message 17 of 32 (961 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

mario_fox wrote:

Weapon differences will be the same as in the PS3 version between the Season Pass holders/people who buy certain DLC and everyone else who will have preset loadouts with DLC weapons because, as far as i know, DLC weapons and boosters aren't included in  TLoU Remastered. They could theoretically integrate PS3 DLC pool with PS4's pool as Silhouettes pointed out and I don't see why non-transferrable stats would give them an extra excuse. I can see there could be issues caused by different framerate, though, but since I'm not a programmer I don't know if they can be circumvented somehow or not.

Anyways, I see where you're coming from and, sadly, I'm not too optimistic myself, but one can hope. I just hope this PS4 version isn't going to cause too much of a  PS3 player pool shrinkage since we already have only 5-10k players which is especially noticeable when playing in DLC pool. As much as I like the game, I'm not buying a PS4 which is still painfully short of great titles just to play a game I already own with a Season Pass just to get it with slightly better graphics and improved lighting effects. Hopefully  there's a lot of PS3 TLoU owners who share my opinion. Smiley Happy

So, what do you guys think how many TLoUs are going to be sold for PS4? There's around 7 million PS4 consoles out there which is a pretty impressive number considering the console's launch date. I think that primarily folks who switched over from Xbox are gonna buy it since they didn't have the opportunity to play it yet. Shortage of other good titles is going to help, too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 18 of 32 (942 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Apr 17, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Good Q&A ND but why remove no parties? Uc3 was unbearable always facing teams when I was always alone. Why would you drive people like myself away? If you want to make bigger player pools then why not just make the dlc maps free? Atleast uc3 had a mode where everyone was on their own. You planning on making a mode like that for us lone wolfs in TLOU ND? because we always get the short stick.

Would you rather wait 5+ minutes to find a solo match when the player pool thins out with a greater chance of having a laggy match or would you rather have get into a game quicker and have less chance for lagginess.

Pick your poison.  Doing away with "no parties" might drive you and other people away, but on the flipside, waiting 5+ minutes to find a match with super lag will drive away even more.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 19 of 32 (937 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

Does the technology even exists to do this? (ps3/ps4 relation-wise)

Message 20 of 32 (979 Views)
0 Likes