Splicer
66 posts

Re: April Q&A Updated!

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

To be honest, I don't know, but I know it was possible to crossplay Portal 2 between PS3 and PC/Mac so I'd think it would be possible here as well. But this is only my layman's assumption so...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 21 of 32 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 18, 2014

BortLicensePlate wrote:

Does the technology even exists to do this? (ps3/ps4 relation-wise)

Yes.

PS3/Vita and PS3/Gaikai is possible, too.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 22 of 32 (141 Views)
Wastelander
702 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I love how ND doesn't want to reset to leaderboards because it will wipe out the stats and make a lot of people unhappy.  

The leaderboards are garbage and mean ZERO.  You might as well start with a clean slate, wipe them out, and admit it wasn't well thought out.  Better to start now then never.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 23 of 32 (124 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

Apr 18, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

I love how ND doesn't want to reset to leaderboards because it will wipe out the stats and make a lot of people unhappy.  

The leaderboards are garbage and mean ZERO.  You might as well start with a clean slate, wipe them out, and admit it wasn't well thought out.  Better to start now then never.

Pointless since Ammar will just log in and play one match and have a max clan size of 512 in an instant and be tops on the leaderboard.

Message 24 of 32 (122 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6274 posts

Apr 18, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

oh yea, will totally work. We will all have to get back up to our spots on the leaderboards (not that I care personally, but I'm sure there are people who do) while all the hackers will just get right back up to the top with impossible scores within like a day.

photo Sniper.png
Message 25 of 32 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2174 posts

Apr 18, 2014
ND should remove the leaderboards, and never bring them back. :smileyhappy: Uncharted 3 has been better off without them, now if only they would ditch those pesky stat-cards...

It's not like they serve much purpose here anyway, support roles are really useful in this game, and there's no board for that. :smileyindifferent:
Pepsi
Message 26 of 32 (108 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1463 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

DJ Ive waited for resident evil 5 versus mode games from 30 minutes to a hour sometimes so does that answer your question? uc3s mode where everyone was against everyone didn't have anymore lag than the other modes so I see no reason to put it in if no parties is removed. ND will also drive new players away if they remove no parties so they will make the pool smaller anyway. Theres a big difference between playing against a unorganised team and playing against a organised team. There are alot of people who prefer no parties mode. I see the same psn ids pop up sometimes and discussed this with others and you would be surprised at how many people would be put off TLOU MP if no parties was removed. I think ND would be wise to leave it be.

DID THE IRAQIS CAUSE 9/11 OR DID THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT CAUSE 9/11? YOUTUBE THIS THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF :- CIA WhistleBlower Susan Lindauer EXPOSES Everything " Extreme Prejudice" ... YOUTUBE THAT AND HEAR THAT THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT KNEW 9/11 WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND HOW THEY PLANTED A BOMB IN THE BUILDINGS FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE BECAUSE THEY WANTED 9/11 TO HAPPEN. IRAQIS WANTED PEACE BUT AMERICA WANTED WAR. DONT BELIEVE ME? THEN YOUTUBE IT YOURSELF
Message 27 of 32 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 21, 2014
I'll support no parties mode in EVERY future ND game as well as TLOU. The game is old and i don't have many friends still playing it so "no parties" is my go to playlist.
Also, after a day at work, when i get home i just want to have a few regular and simple matches to relax without having to play like it's a FN match.
Only thing is...team balancing sucks in those playmodes.
Message 28 of 32 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

Apr 21, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

oh yea, will totally work. We will all have to get back up to our spots on the leaderboards (not that I care personally, but I'm sure there are people who do) while all the hackers will just get right back up to the top with impossible scores within like a day.

Sorry I didn't clarify.  The leaderboards should be reset and re-done using a different method to rank players since obviously the parts per minute is a flawed method.  

For Supply Raid and Survivors I think the majority of people would be more interested in a leaderboard for Downs, Kills, Deaths and KDR and even revives. Let's be real here,  Supply Raid and Survivors is just a fancy word play for deathmatch and elimination, where kills and deaths are what ultimately matter.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 29 of 32 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

Apr 21, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

DJ Ive waited for resident evil 5 versus mode games from 30 minutes to a hour sometimes so does that answer your question? uc3s mode where everyone was against everyone didn't have anymore lag than the other modes so I see no reason to put it in if no parties is removed. ND will also drive new players away if they remove no parties so they will make the pool smaller anyway. Theres a big difference between playing against a unorganised team and playing against a organised team. There are alot of people who prefer no parties mode. I see the same psn ids pop up sometimes and discussed this with others and you would be surprised at how many people would be put off TLOU MP if no parties was removed. I think ND would be wise to leave it be.

I hate waiting more than a few minutes to get into a game and I'm not willing to wait 30 minutes to an hour for a game.  I rather play in a party game with me playing solo than waiting 30 minutes to an hour.  I'm sure most people who have a job, school, hobbies, love life, can't spend 30 minutes to an hour waiting to get into a game.  There are a lot of people who prefer less wait and less lag than playing in solo only games.  I see the same psn ids pop up sometimes and discuss this with others and you would be surprised at how many people would be put off TLOU MP if they had to wait 30 minutes to an hour to get into a game.  I'd think ND would be wiser to change it.

See what I did there?

Message 30 of 32 (56 Views)