Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 19 2013
By: fadecy Lombax Warrior 97 posts

Are some of you people actually old enough to play this game? You don't act like it.

44 replies 388 views Edited Oct 19, 2013

This forum is embarassing. Literally every single thread is whining about something.

Where is the discussion about tactics? Tips? Adjusting to changes.

If you don't enjoy the game stop playing it. They are never going to please everyone so quit whining.
Your opinion is no more important than any other persons and not everybody agrees with you.

The latest complaint seems to be about molotovs, of which you can do plenty of things about, unlike an armoured person with a 2x4.

Firstly molotvs glow so they are incredibly easy to spot. if you see someone with one just sprint out of the way. unless you are out in the open and are incredibly obvious with your run you will make it away.

Secondly you can shoot bombs and molotovs out of peoples hands. It's hard to do but a lot easier with the shotty. So if you are getting killed by people charging with them. Choose the shotty.

And lastly. Someone needs to know where you are to use a molotov. Maybe you are at fault for having bad positioning and not playing stealthily. They also cannot use them up close without killing themselves. So basically. stop going out in the open.

Stop whining because you can't adapt. If you're not enjoying the game stop playing. That is all.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (388 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Are some of you people actually old enough to play this game? You don't act like it.

Oct 19, 2013

Truuu!

I found the Multiplayer fully balanced.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Re: Are some of you people actually old enough to play this game? You don't act like it.

Oct 19, 2013
"If you get killed by molotov, you're not playing the game right."

"Adapt and survive."

Good words by AbstractAlex.
Do What's Best4Business

*The L in alex is an i.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2013

Disagreement is where discussions stem from. 

Example:

A: Molotovs are OP

B: No they're not

A: Yes they are, movement speed with addition to lag make avoiding them pure luck. Not to mention the amount of First Aid kits on the map meaning using crafting items to make Kits pointless. 

B: You glow with a molotov and has to be a direct impact to kill

See that there....a discussion

Someone complains, someone provides evidence to agree or disagree. 

You get the whiners who do nothing but simply throw out a retarded statement with nothing to back it up but in general they don't bother staying long enough 

EDIT: There are 10 different threads, talking aout DLC tips, buddies, team ups and weapon discussion. A couple of humourous thread, a few repeats. Theres not that much in the way of "whiners"

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2013

The problem is that people act like these scenarios where people have 3 molotovs happen all the time. it doesn't. it happens to them once or twice, so they get mad and come here. Not even caring that someone used up a full 3 layers of supplies to get one kill that a skillful person could have got with a single military sniper headshot or a good sneak up with a flamethrower.

plus unless the other person has explosion expert 2, if you have full armour you only get downed a lot of the time.

Yes maybe they could do with lowering med kits so healers were more valuable and people had to actually make a choice. But if they don't it's not a big deal. Everyone is on an equal playing ground, and the fact that people use such varied loadouts and have success is proof that the game is very well balanced.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Oct 19, 2013

You also forgot to mention that it can be easier to avoid bombs and moltovs just by getting behind a wall (since their moltov will hit the wall and not go through) or incase of smoke jump on top of table or something.

The worst part about these threads is people that complain about this issue( that already has been there in ages)say all this happened because of whiners and complainers yet they are doing the exact same thing now.

This game is fine, the only time there are tons of bombs/moltovs is when there are multiple crafters on team (i have been part of teams where 3 or 4 of us ran crafter to start game off). Generating 8-10 gifts in beginning can be deadly for rest of the game.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (322 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 19, 2013
I come from the Assassin's Creed fanbase, and to me it's kinda sad seeing these forums :smileysad: TLOU MP is beautifully balanced and fun to play. Everything generally speaking works well for me. The only problems people bring up are such minor problems that don't really even need fixing, just things people are too lazy to adapt to. (or if there is something that needs fixing, it gets drowned out in the cries of "nerf!" "op!" "unbalanced!")

Meanwhile AC3 is just so unbelievably unbalanced (really guys - you don't know what unbalanced is till you play ACR/AC3, hell, you guys would find ACB unbalanced) there's tons of glitches that have never been fixed, each patch makes the game worse and the community is chock full of **bleep**. Then I come here and see people complaining about The Last of Us. Really? Maybe I'm just not as picky as some but still...

Moi-dix-Mois_43
The Visionary
The Assassins of Fortitude
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2013

I agree. 

I have to say, that this constant whining isn´t only typical for this forum, though. I have experienced this on other forums of other games aswell.

The sad thing is: These whining people seem to represent the gamer community nowadays.

To be honest, I don´t even blame ND for their lack of communication to their fanbase. I don´t blame ND if they troll some users here, since it seems like those users will never be satisfied with anything ND does. Who would like to hear/read this moronism everyday? Constructive crticism is a good thing but 90% of these threads are just complaints of people pointing their fingers at ND and shouting about everything what they´ve done wrong (according to their opinion).

The folks at ND aren´t gods and I do think they made some mistakes/could have done better in some aspects, but I still am of the opinion that they have made some of the best and most recognizable games and characters in the gaming universe.

And let´s be honest: someone always can do better, but someone also always can do worse. And overall this game did better than worse.

So why does it seem that some people just post here to say something bad about the game? Obviously they like the game, otherwise they wouldn´t post on the forum. I understand that somone may not like a few  things about the game, but how about saying one nice thing after complaining about two bad things?

I understand, that some people don´t like the recent buffs or nerfs, but there are much better ways to express your anger about certain issues. I´m quite sure that the ND devs try their best to make the MP better.

I mean, they spent quite a lot of time on developing this game; they wouldn´t want to ruin it on purpose.

Even though, I do think that the changes were good changes so far. So, I personally think, that the Muliplayer has improved since the beginning. But I also understand that some don´t think the same...but I don´t understand the way they express their anger.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13188 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2013

Why should people have to adjust to changes?

It's not like the Ravens would continue to play an NFL game if the rules changed half way through the game.

It's not like if you are in an Indy Car Championship the race length gets adjusted just because some people are behind others.

The same applies to gaming as it's taken competitively. changes should not be accepted unless they improve the game. In ND's cases throughout the years they have done the opposite.

If you make a mess, expect complaining, people complain about changes all the time, even in real life sports.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (310 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 19, 2013
Its sucks doesn't it? A couple months ago people would actually get into good debates about this game. Now this forum is riddled with nerf this, nerf that, buff this, buff that. The new map packs are awesome and we see no threads about the maps.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (293 Views)