Jul 04 2013
By: Liam2349 Lombax Warrior 272 posts

Armor should be removed

27 replies 479 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

I like this multiplayer. It's unique and fun so long as the teams are decently balanced. The problem I have with it though, is buying armor.

I disagree with rewarding the good players by allowing them to purchase something that will give them an unfair advantage over others. Buying ammo is fine, everyone can easily loot a little bit of ammo. The problem is that if you can afford armor, you are at least decent at the game, which means you have killed a few people. If you then buy armor, the players you have been killing that are struggling to do anything have no chance.

I like games to be about skill. Without armor, the game is much more about skill. It becomes about who can aim better to get that headshot, not who can take a couple shots to the face before getting their aim right, then fire back when they should already be dead.

Hopefully you understand what I am talking about here, so please reply back and hopefully there will be enough replies for Naughty Dog to remove armor.

Message 1 of 28 (479 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Re: Armor should be removed

Jul 4, 2013

There are plenty of threads on this. Dont make a new one, simply use the Search Bar and bump the old threads with your "2 cents" and look at peoples arguments for both sides. 

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 2 of 28 (473 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

Jul 4, 2013

nope

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 3 of 28 (455 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1814 posts

Jul 4, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 4 of 28 (451 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Liam2349 wrote:

I like this multiplayer. It's unique and fun so long as the teams are decently balanced. The problem I have with it though, is buying armor.

I disagree with rewarding the good players by allowing them to purchase something that will give them an unfair advantage over others. 

I like games to be about skill. Without armor, the game is much more about skill. It becomes about who can aim better to get that headshot, not who can take a couple shots to the face before getting their aim right, then fire back when they should already be dead.

So, wait.   Good players, players with "skill," earn the armour.  You then want it to be a game without armour, and to just be about "skill."   Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.

So, armour, which would give a lesser player the ability to live and escape an attack by a better player might make sense, not eliminating better players from having it.

No changes to the system at all, at least for some time, and then only with demonstration of Overpowered weaponry.

Armour is available to everyone.  It's like saying no supply and ammo drops for kills, because better players will get more...

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 5 of 28 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Not gonna happen. They didn't remove UC2 SA or UC3 RoF either.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 28 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Sorry. I think you should learn to play the game the way it is made. It can be frustrating getting up the parts in the beginning, especially when your teammates still your executions, but as soon as you get enough parts, buy the armor. Then Upgrade your gun. By the time you get through your first 12 week cycle, you should be on par with most of the players. Some might take a bit longer to catch on. Dont look at Numbers and ranks because that can be misleading. Im level 39 rank 3 and get rolled by people in their first 12 week cycle. Also I have rolled Much higher ranked players. 

The most important thing to do is play as a 4 man team. If you got people running around on their own you are going to likely lose. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 7 of 28 (410 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Pizentu_DeWind wrote:

Sorry. I think you should learn to play the game the way it is made. It can be frustrating getting up the parts in the beginning, especially when your teammates still your executions, but as soon as you get enough parts, buy the armor. Then Upgrade your gun. By the time you get through your first 12 week cycle, you should be on par with most of the players. Some might take a bit longer to catch on. Dont look at Numbers and ranks because that can be misleading. Im level 39 rank 3 and get rolled by people in their first 12 week cycle. Also I have rolled Much higher ranked players. 

The most important thing to do is play as a 4 man team. If you got people running around on their own you are going to likely lose. 

This is a great post.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 8 of 28 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jul 4, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Liam2349 wrote:

I disagree with rewarding the good players by allowing them to purchase something that will give them an unfair advantage over others. 

So, wait.   Good players, players with "skill," earn the armour.  You then want it to be a game without armour, and to just be about "skill."   Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.

So, armour, which would give a lesser player the ability to live and escape an attack by a better player might make sense, not eliminating better players from having it.

No changes to the system at all, at least for some time, and then only with demonstration of Overpowered weaponry.

Armour is available to everyone.  It's like saying no supply and ammo drops for kills, because better players will get more...

Then allow me to clarify and correct.

It's probably not even only decent players and up that can get armor. I think most players can get armor.

Armor allows bad players to compete easier with good players, but this is not good. If they want to compete, they need to become more skilled. The more skilled player should win an engagement the vast majority of the time, unless they lose because the bad player just got lucky. Bad players shouldn't be able to get double your health and you shouldn't be able to get double theirs either.

I think messing with health is very bad, and the maximum health should be the same for everyone, always, as a key rule in balancing. I think this sums it up the best.

Message 9 of 28 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Pizentu_DeWind wrote:

Thanks for the advice but i'm not having troubles competing. I am always the best player in the match.

However I didn't know that I could upgrade my gun, hopefully that hasn't been putting me at too much of a disadvantage.

My problem is that messing with the maximum health causes serious balancing issues.

Message 10 of 28 (384 Views)
0 Likes