Do you mean 
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Armor should be removed

Jul 5, 2013

Liam2349 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Liam2349 wrote:

I like this multiplayer. It's unique and fun so long as the teams are decently balanced. The problem I have with it though, is buying armor.

I disagree with rewarding the good players by allowing them to purchase something that will give them an unfair advantage over others. 

I like games to be about skill. Without armor, the game is much more about skill. It becomes about who can aim better to get that headshot, not who can take a couple shots to the face before getting their aim right, then fire back when they should already be dead.

So, wait.   Good players, players with "skill," earn the armour.  You then want it to be a game without armour, and to just be about "skill."   Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.

So, armour, which would give a lesser player the ability to live and escape an attack by a better player might make sense, not eliminating better players from having it.

No changes to the system at all, at least for some time, and then only with demonstration of Overpowered weaponry.

Armour is available to everyone.  It's like saying no supply and ammo drops for kills, because better players will get more...

Then allow me to clarify and correct.

It's probably not even only decent players and up that can get armor. I think most players can get armor.

Armor allows bad players to compete easier with good players, but this is not good. If they want to compete, they need to become more skilled. The more skilled player should win an engagement the vast majority of the time, unless they lose because the bad player just got lucky. Bad players shouldn't be able to get double your health and you shouldn't be able to get double theirs either.

I think messing with health is very bad, and the maximum health should be the same for everyone, always, as a key rule in balancing. I think this sums it up the best.

A player with armor really is not that much trouble at least to me anyway, also armor is available to all players for use, most of the time the better player without armor will most likely be able to kill a "bad" player that has armor.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9956 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I'd agree with your idea if I didn't take out armored people with just a 9MM.

Let me run that by you.

Taking out armored people.

With the 9MM.

The gun generally described as the weakest gun.

Yeah? Yeah. So the armor isn't that good.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Liam2349 wrote:

I like this multiplayer. It's unique and fun so long as the teams are decently balanced. The problem I have with it though, is buying armor.

I disagree with rewarding the good players by allowing them to purchase something that will give them an unfair advantage over others. Buying ammo is fine, everyone can easily loot a little bit of ammo. The problem is that if you can afford armor, you are at least decent at the game, which means you have killed a few people. If you then buy armor, the players you have been killing that are struggling to do anything have no chance.

I like games to be about skill. Without armor, the game is much more about skill. It becomes about who can aim better to get that headshot, not who can take a couple shots to the face before getting their aim right, then fire back when they should already be dead.

Hopefully you understand what I am talking about here, so please reply back and hopefully there will be enough replies for Naughty Dog to remove armor.

I get upgrades on weapons and armor from healing people and collecting parts.  I don't see how its an issue, its not like killing people is the only way to upgraded things in this game. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6416 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Armor stays.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Alpha-Male22 wrote:
If you want armour removed, then purchasable weapons must also go.

Without armour, games would end quicker, and people would go down much further. It's not hard to aim and get your shots on target in this game. The game would just not feel right to me without armour. I like the UC2-feel of enemies having high health, and not dropping like flies.

I like the meta-game of choosing between armour and purchasables. If you want armour gone, then purchasables must go too, since without armour, your complaint about the winners getting advantages remain.

Without armor, people go down easier, which is how it should be. I hate how long it takes to kill someone in Uncharted multiplayer, I love that it is quick in Max Payne 3. Rockstar made a real gem with that, it's my favorite third person shooter by a very long way.

The Last of Us is supposed to be believable. I'm not a fan of purchasing weapons mid combat either. I think you should just equip weapons in your loadout, and not get them like a scorestreak, which is again benefitting decent players, and making it more difficult for others.

Make ammo more expensive, and make ammo the only thing you can buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jul 5, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Armor costs like 450 in-game points to buy and the price increases every time you re-purchase it. It only lets you take 2-3 shots extra at most either. I think in-game points are better spent on upgrades or purchasing weapons. Those investments will serve you much better in the long run.

And these extra shots are doubling your health. Doubling your health causes very serious balancing issues and it reduces the importance of your skill in a confrontation, which is terrible.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Liam2349 wrote:
Armor should be removed

I agree.

Canon 1Ds
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Split_Spades wrote:

Liam2349 wrote:

I disagree with rewarding the good players by allowing them to purchase something that will give them an unfair advantage over others. Buying ammo is fine, everyone can easily loot a little bit of ammo. The problem is that if you can afford armor, you are at least decent at the game, which means you have killed a few people. If you then buy armor, the players you have been killing that are struggling to do anything have no chance.

Hopefully you understand what I am talking about here, so please reply back and hopefully there will be enough replies for Naughty Dog to remove armor.

I get upgrades on weapons and armor from healing people and collecting parts.  I don't see how its an issue, its not like killing people is the only way to upgraded things in this game. 

It's not about getting upgraded things, it is about life or death, and everyone should have the same maximum health at all times.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (135 Views)
0 Likes