Sep 23 2013
By: A_Nerd_Slapper Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Balancing the modded 2x4

34 replies 511 views Edited Sep 23, 2013
Lets be honest guys, aside from the molotov, the modded 2x4 is stupidly overpowering.

It has gotten to the point where most high skilled games have every player using atleast Brawler 1 and keeping their 2x4 throughout the game by holding on to tape/scissors. (Myself included)

The ability to keep a 2x4 through the match can be without compromising your loadout points and without any real disadvantage besides using ingredients that also make bombs/molotovs.

It basically trumps most close combat builds, including shorty builds, and especially Machete builds.

There are ways to take down a modded 2x4 rusher, but honestly when matches turn into one hit melees everytime teams approach each other it makes for very frustrating and bland gameplay.

So heres my opinion of two very easy suggestions

1. All hits with 2x4 (including finishing a downed player with a non-execute swing) use up a durability mark. In the current state the 2x4 only loses durability when it is NOT modded.

2. Hitting an armored opponent will only break his armor but also do damage to him/her equal to a regular swing of a non-modded 2x4.

In terms of the machete, it uses a durability mark each time you use it. (Except special execution). Which is quite the opposite of the 2x4.
Im all for the modded 2x4 being the great equalizer in the game, but in its current state its being abused by most decent players.
Message 1 of 35 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: Balancing the modded 2x4

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

It's only really a problem in supply raid.
I rarely see it in the other two modes.

I think there should be some kind of deterrant to it.

Maybe if you have a helmet on it does the same ammount of damage as the machete or something?
That way they can still kill you by just punching you after or shooting you once beforehand, but it gives you a little more time to defend yourself. I mean it's free, so why is it better than the machete? it makes no sense. I mean the machete is good but I think they just need to lower it to 3 points instead of 4.

As it is now, there are situations where people can just charge you and there is nothing you can do, even if you see them coming a good 2 seconds beforehand. That's not strategic. At least with the molotov you can potentially shoot it out of the air.

Message 2 of 35 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Sep 23, 2013
If you shoot someone with a shorty and then use the machete, it's a near instant down as if it were a shotgun. I've used this to beat modded 2x4s.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 3 of 35 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Sep 23, 2013

you know how in fighting games, throws cancel other throws. I wish two upgraded 2x4s being swung at each other at the same time could cancel each other.

Message 4 of 35 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

killing with a single hit by using the stick with scissors makes perfect sense even if the opponent has armor.
note that the hit goes directly to the neck, and that's where the armor doesn't cover.

i think what it should be patched, really, it's that when two people hit eachother with the stick with scissors, then die at the same time, because it happens a lot that they hit you by miliseconds of advantage.

0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 23, 2013

By cancelling, if you mean the 2x4s shatter, then I'm in. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 35 (461 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
If you shoot someone with a shorty and then use the machete, it's a near instant down as if it were a shotgun. I've used this to beat modded 2x4s.

Yes but that takes up 5 load out points. Where as the 2x4 costs nothing.

Message 7 of 35 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1287 posts

Sep 23, 2013

I almost have given up on using a modded 2x4.  I am officially 8-468 modded stick vs modded stick.  I swing very early, I lose.  I swing early, I lose.  I swing late, I lose.  I swing very late, I lose.

I can beat most people in a straight up gun battle.  Modded stick battle, I am almost certain to lose.

Message 8 of 35 (446 Views)
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Stop whining. Deal with the 2x4. ND is to blame for the whining, people whined and molotovs were reduced, ppl whined and SAR was slightly nerfed. Adjust your style accordingly and deal with your opponent. Buffs are understandable, nerfs are whiners getting their way. Some ppl are just better than you deal with it.

Message 9 of 35 (432 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 23, 2013
Flamethrower solves all issues.
Message 10 of 35 (424 Views)