Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Re: Balancing the modded 2x4

Sep 24, 2013
I like shooting them and cancelling their swing.

Howeveer, i will agree that itz too darn easy to down someone wih that thing
Message 21 of 35 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Sep 24, 2013
I think if ND removes the lunge with all melee weapons it'll solve half the problem with the 1 Hit Melee, and maybe slow down the swing time to the same speed as it is when you swing at the air.

I would also suggest you lose the 1 hit melee upon death, and only brawler 1 and 2 lets you keep it between lives (no 2nd hit added to the 2X4), but I think we can all agree that's the side of ND's nerfing no one wants to see, well maybe a little, I really hate 1 Hit Melees (this coming from a Machete user that abuses those jerks when he manage to get em down)...
Message 22 of 35 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Quinzen8 wrote:
I think if ND removes the lunge with all melee weapons it'll solve half the problem with the 1 Hit Melee, and maybe slow down the swing time to the same speed as it is when you swing at the air.

I would also suggest you lose the 1 hit melee upon death, and only brawler 1 and 2 lets you keep it between lives (no 2nd hit added to the 2X4), but I think we can all agree that's the side of ND's nerfing no one wants to see, well maybe a little, I really hate 1 Hit Melees (this coming from a Machete user that abuses those jerks when he manage to get em down)...

A little bit of lunge is reasonable and understandable.  You'd expect somebody to try to throw their weight into it.  The part where they slide like 10 feet over the ground and crack you in the skull just needs to be fixed.

As for losing melee weapons, IMO, it should be GUARANTEED that everybody gets one in the side boxes, and upgraded or not, should automatically be kept on death.  Having it be such a gamble, whether or not you'll get a stick, and whether or not you'll get the materials to upgrade it before you die, are what makes it so unbalanced.  If everybody ends up with one and can keep it to use at their leisure it will help avoid a lot of the frustration that comes from them jumping you with an upgraded melee weapon, while you're practically helpless because you never got one.

Message 23 of 35 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Players now want the machete more powerful.
So semi auto nerf which required you to aim, but buff melee weapons.

So next ND release should just require you to press square. No other buttons needed.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 24 of 35 (230 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

The stars have aligned my friends, Someone wrote something that made sense in the past day >_> Congrats smugglin >_> -applause-

Message 25 of 35 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1287 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

Quinzen8 wrote:

A little bit of lunge is reasonable and understandable.  You'd expect somebody to try to throw their weight into it.  The part where they slide like 10 feet over the ground and crack you in the skull just needs to be fixed.

As for losing melee weapons, IMO, it should be GUARANTEED that everybody gets one in the side boxes, and upgraded or not, should automatically be kept on death.  Having it be such a gamble, whether or not you'll get a stick, and whether or not you'll get the materials to upgrade it before you die, are what makes it so unbalanced.  If everybody ends up with one and can keep it to use at their leisure it will help avoid a lot of the frustration that comes from them jumping you with an upgraded melee weapon, while you're practically helpless because you never got one.

You can't fix the lunge part.  It's part of the game engine that deals with melee + lag.  If there was no lunging then it would be almost impossible to connect (just a guess).  The problem existed in UC3 and it exists in TLOU.  My assumption would be that in order for them to fix this, they would have to recode meleeing from the bottom up and test it out.  That requires way too much work, especially for ND.

Message 26 of 35 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 24, 2013
The whole point of my post is that MOST high level supply raid games have everyone running around with brawler 1 and nursing their 2x4 so they never lose it.
(Which apparently INCANGENERAL knows nothing about,because he probably only parties and noob stomps)

Its bland, and takes away from the gameplay.

Alot of the suggestions here make sense.

But in the end the 2x4 needs to lose its durability WHENEVER it is used
Message 27 of 35 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Hmmm. Very good point.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 28 of 35 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Sep 24, 2013

You know what Nerd Slapper dont lie now but you know that when you get a one hit downer you like it. but when you are punching the enemy and they hit you with the modded 2x4 all because you dont know how to keep your 2x4 you curl up in the fetal position and b i t c h. and its all about tactics and saving the 2x4 is one of them. i mean whatever it takes to win right? soo why dont you grow a pair and just use what the game gives you. i mean its a goddam game for crying out loud.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 29 of 35 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Please white bread, it takes so much skill to re-use a 2x4 in a match.

It should use a durability mark every use, period.

Now go curl up into your wonder bread bag.
Message 30 of 35 (149 Views)
0 Likes