Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: Balancing the modded 2x4

Sep 24, 2013
Im sick of nursing the 2x4, it is a cheesy tactic in my opinion. I find myself never switching to my machete loadout.... Because i can easily keep using the 2x4

Wow one hit two enemies, re-craft. Run around map, one hit two enemies, re-craft. Rinse repeat, woah bro them some advanced fighting tactics.
Message 31 of 35 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Sep 24, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

You can't fix the lunge part.  It's part of the game engine that deals with melee + lag.  If there was no lunging then it would be almost impossible to connect (just a guess).  The problem existed in UC3 and it exists in TLOU.  My assumption would be that in order for them to fix this, they would have to recode meleeing from the bottom up and test it out.  That requires way too much work, especially for ND.

I won't accept "it's too hard" as a reason for them halfassing it.  There are plenty of games that have lunges built into melee that DON'T have such inconsistant lunging.  They're on their third MP.  They should know what they're doing by now.

A_Nerd_Slapper wrote:
Im sick of nursing the 2x4, it is a cheesy tactic in my opinion. I find myself never switching to my machete loadout.... Because i can easily keep using the 2x4

Wow one hit two enemies, re-craft. Run around map, one hit two enemies, re-craft. Rinse repeat, woah bro them some advanced fighting tactics.

Mixed with armor it DOES get to be extremely annoying to constantly run into people who armor rush you with them, but other than that it's not a huge deal. At least upgrading their 2x4 is consuming materials they'd otherwise spend on molotovs and bombs. Things are a big enough nadefest as it is.
Message 32 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 25, 2013
I find it balanced, the thing is that everyone tends to abuse it.
www.youtube.com/arolsouls - Come by my channel to experience some of the best LoU vids, including sick plays, tutorials, commentaries and general entertaining quality content.
Message 33 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2214 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Nerd slapper your very emotional over a melee weapon. Heres my point try to follow. ND catering to whiners is annoying. Ran 2 matches without 2x4 and got same average, I got 4 molotovs instead of the 1-2 very rarely when I have the modded 2x4. It is just fun to use in my opinion and that's what the game is supposed to be fun. Before everyone would spam molotovs and I wouldn't because I was using parts for the 2x4. Now that molotovs have been nerfed u wanna nerf the 2x4 also. I adjust my playing style accordingly,im all for reasonable buffs not nerfs. I never whine about molotovs, op sar, op bow etc which i never believed either were op. Good players make adjustments. 

Message 34 of 35 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Sep 25, 2013

For whatever reason, ND designed the MP with the philosophy that a wooden 2x4 should be one of the best weapons in the game. It boggles my mind how strong this dam piece of wood is when compared to a weapon like the machete.

Its like W T F was ND thinking when they made this decision...

The thing I hate most about the 2x4 is the magnetic pull this thing has. It is a result of bad coding and lag. I've literally seen people over 5 feet away from me swing this dam board and just glide over and hit me. It is incredibly frustrating and I'm 100% sure ND will do nothing to address it.

Apparently it is another example of how ND copied and pasted Uncharted mechanics over into this game.

Message 35 of 35 (103 Views)