May 10 2014
By: DJ_AMs_Crackpipe I Only Post Everything 847 posts

Been a problem with BE3 smoke bombers?

13 replies 409 views Edited May 10, 2014

Many people, including myself were afraid Bomb Expert 3 would ruin the game.  We theorized that people would be running around with smoke bombs in hand and it would be insta-death for anyone caught in close-close midrange with the no self stun smoke bombers.

In the 20 hours of the DLC that I have played, I haven't experienced that many BE3 smoke bombers or at least I haven't died that many times by a BE3 smoke bombers.    Obviously you can't tell everyone who is using BE3, but some people you can guess others you can't.

Have you guys been experiencing a lot of BE3 users and deaths or am I just lucky?

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 1 of 14 (409 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: Been a problem with BE3 smoke bombers?

May 10, 2014

I've done this once, and only once, I had 3 Smoke bombs and ran into 4 people, I was able to get 3 of them with shivs but got downed by the foutrth one, luckily, my teammates came in and took'em out and helped me.

It was awesome, but the chances are rare. Smiley Happy

#Parts4Teabag Smiley Very Happy
---
My utoobz : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKVpXPI_F9nBDU4KQKXDLw
Message 2 of 14 (403 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2014

DJD2010 wrote:

I've done this once, and only once, I had 3 Smoke bombs and ran into 4 people, I was able to get 3 of them with shivs but got downed by the foutrth one, luckily, my teammates came in and took'em out and helped me.

It was awesome, but the chances are rare. Smiley Happy

^Something like what this guy said.

Usually the enemy trying to pull off an BE3 smoke/shiv get shivved himself. Or shot dead.

Seen a guy or two trying this during first day of DLC release (I played for a few hrs and only saw 1,2 guys using). The possibilities of other enemies downing you after you performed a BE3 smoke/shiv is too high to even try unless you're against a team of noobs who ALWAYS attack separately. What I see is very soon, good players will learn how to deal with BE3 smoke/shiv. Against a coordinated team (who knows how to back each other up), you're almost guaranteed to go down after some shiv(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 3 of 14 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

May 10, 2014
I haven't noticed this happen yet and I haven't tried it out either. I too was a little worried. Hopefully it stays a unique event or at least a rare desperation move.
Message 4 of 14 (370 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
892 posts

May 10, 2014

I tried this once. Guy started swinging his machete at me, I immediately threw a smoke bomb to the floor. It exploded right before his third hit and I shivved him. I like it. But 5 points takes a good chunk out of your loadout.

Casually wrecking some Masters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUYC823CwI
Message 5 of 14 (366 Views)
Splicer
38 posts

May 10, 2014

BE3 + EE2 is effective, but it takes almost all of your loadout points, so you basically have to dedicate yourself to that. When your bombs run out, depending on how well you're doing and how the welfare is for you at the time, you may as well kill yourself to change loadouts.

So, yeah, I don't think many people will be running it.

Message 6 of 14 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7086 posts

May 10, 2014

nah, cuz it's balanced and VERRRRRRY SITUATIONAL for the amount of loadout points it costs. People were scared for nothing, jumping to conclusions just to cry OP cuz it's what they're used to.

oddly enough, I never got smoke bomb shivved once since the patch hit, like at all...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 14 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

May 10, 2014
Well, right at this moment, I'm playing no party supply raid with 3 different loadouts.
I start a match with a stealth Agility 3 loadout. I simply avoid any kind of combat and head to supply boxes and craft as many smokes as I can and store supplies to shivs.
When all boxes is done or I have 3 smoke bombs, I change my loadout to BE3 + Executioner 3 + Collector 1 + Marathon 1. I craft the shivs at this point, to gain free shivs.
So I corner trap any enemy, shiv him and try to run, if his team comes. Or I try a second shiv. Most times I end myself killed, but I get my parts.
When I run out of smoke bombs, I pick my Shotgun or Specter loadout to spend my parts.

I know good players don't need this kind of things, but I'm a bad player and this is a very easy tactic to pull it off. And, man, it's so fun lol!
Message 8 of 14 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

May 10, 2014

Yeah, I played agaisnt a good amount of people who used BE3. I tried using it myself but I never get enough smoke bombs. Just imagine a team full of BE3s and crafters.

Message 9 of 14 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

May 10, 2014

like the Op said, everyone assumed it would be overpowered and ruin everything but it takes up alot of loadout points and you dont really get alot of smoke bombs unless you have a crafter 3 buddy. when i tested it out i usually only get like 3, maybe 4 smoke bombs the entire match.

Message 10 of 14 (289 Views)
0 Likes