May 21 2014
By: thick_Brick First Son 12 posts

Better aim with silencer?

13 replies 332 views Edited May 21, 2014
Whenever I use the Burst or SAR, I feel that my aim is much more accurate with a silencer. I just happen to miss many shots without a silencer.
Funnily, it's the opposite when I'm using the HR...

How about you guys? Does your aim feel better with or without silencer?
Message 1 of 14 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Re: Better aim with silencer?

May 21, 2014
Almost everyone I know says that the SAR, in particular, has "better aim" with a silencer. I feel the same way. But I know that one of the Devs came on here and said other is no difference between silenced and normal.

If you do better with the silencer, aim wise, then use it. Doesn't mean that there is an actual affect. I just know I stay on target with it a little better.
Message 2 of 14 (322 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

May 22, 2014

I personally find that I aim better without the silencer (slightly), but it might be because of the vibration and goes along with the firing sound that helps me aim.

Message 3 of 14 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

May 22, 2014
I have it the opposite way. When I don't use a silencer I know the enemy will know where I am, so I tend to aim more carefully to make every shot count and end up being more accurate. When I use a silencer I know it's safe to make a miss, or two and aim less precisely. The best example is Enforcer. I can't hit a barn with it when I have silencer on it, but without it it's double headshot time.
Message 4 of 14 (274 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

May 22, 2014
I find it easier to shoot with silencer as I know they don't know where I am yet so I can take my time to get those shots in whereas shooting without silencer your showing yourself to everyone saying "I'm here! Come get me!" And you have to move from that position asap.
Message 5 of 14 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

May 22, 2014

It's a simple explanation.

Your brain has grown accustomed with the silenced weapon fire at contact, and it recognizes it faster, since it's used to it.

If you use no silencer for a while, it'll be vice versa.

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 6 of 14 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

May 22, 2014

I used to think this same thing. I thought my aim was much better with silencer. Then I thought about it and I think it "seemed" that way is because I was so used to using a silencer and got used to the sound it made, and this helped me to know when to hit R1 again. However, when unsilenced it obviously makes a completely different sound so it was throwing y timing off, which in turn my aim was affected.

Message 7 of 14 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

May 22, 2014
It had always felt the same to me.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 8 of 14 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

May 22, 2014
IdK about accuracy, but for whatever reason I feel like the ROF is slower on the B-Rigle when I have it silenced,
Message 9 of 14 (209 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

May 22, 2014

I don't remember which ND developer said it before but this was discussed long ago and silencers don't improve accuracy when you shoot.

Since the silencer gives you a softer sound, it makes you think that your shots are more accurate but it's only in your mind, because this doesn't really happen in the game.