Jun 18 2013
By: Alpha-Male22 Uncharted Territory 1469 posts

Bombs should instantly kill (If you run past it)

[ Edited ]
15 replies 266 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

So, I love this multiplayer! Let me say that with a little more polish, a few more modes and options, it would have been UC2-level of fantastic! I'm very surprised that ND didn't advertise this much at all, or that they continue to be so silent on it. There are so many people who are surprised the MP exists, yet many I know are genuinely enjoying the MP, should they put in the time to understand how it works (a tutorial would have been nice, ND!)

I'm so glad to see ND approach the MP with that UC2-styled simplicity. UC3 was so bad (the MW2 of MP in that they took a good basic game and added way too much without a care about balance), and UC2's health patch killed UC2 MP for me. I didn't think you'd guys would be able to go back to this promise you showed with UC2. 

Anyways, as the title says, I really think bombs should be instant kills. I think this strategy would definitely be important for a last man standing, because as it is right now, it's a bit too hard for that one player to kill off an entire team, since reviving is so easy to do. I think bombs can change that. It would force players to continue being slow and careful instead of rushing around the map, and it'd make turning corners so much more dangerous.

Basically, if you are running (either Sprint or pushing left stick forward all the way), the bomb should explode and instantly kill you. No downs, no chance of revival, just an instant kill for carelessness. But if you walk slow or crouch past, the bomb shouldn't go off.

This *may* lead to more bombs being placed around the map, but since you can spot and destroy them, and since crafting bombs cost a good deal of resources, I think it's a fair tradeoff.

I find at the moment, it's much too easy for my team to hunt the last player down. It leads us to be careless and the game should be maintaining the intensity throughout. If that last enemy is struggling to survive, and places a bomb somewhere, and if I end up dying from it, I shouldn't be able to easy crawl back and have myself revived. I like that you guys make resource drops much more valuable for a last remaining player, but I think instant-killing bombs can help the gameplay further.

Thanks Naughty Dog! 

Message 1 of 16 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Re: Bombs should instantly kill (If you run past it)

Jun 18, 2013
How about this, bombs only instant kill players when they aren't wearing any armor. Players wearing armor would lose their armor, get staggered, and sustain heavy damage.

Sully

Message 2 of 16 (252 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7291 posts

Jun 18, 2013

From my experience, bombs downed people I threw them at EXCEPT when they had armour it just blew that armour off.

Besides i'm all for it just downing them, no need to kill them because then I couldn't use them as bait to lure their teammates...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 3 of 16 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Me and 2 other friends got insta killed with our legs blowned off when a bomb was thrown in the middle of us....
Message 4 of 16 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Think bombs are fine but I to think it should at least down you when hit directly at. Unless you have armor. Molotoves are insta kill.

Message 5 of 16 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Noooo, that's a reeeally bad idea.

Message 6 of 16 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

I think that would be a horrible idea, there would be no escaping them when someone throws it in a room, itll be like the grenades in uncharted 2 all over again, if you really have a problem make 2 bombs, the supplies for them arnt really that hard to get. Also on the part where its hard to kill off a whole team, OF COURSE IT IS that is the whole point its team oriented. If one man can kill a whole team there is some issues there

Message 7 of 16 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 18, 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

That's a VERY VERY BAD idea, this is a team game and not a game for someone to become a Commando, taking out everyone with one grenade, you can't play in a team go play something else.

Plus just because ND has implemented an Anti Cheat system does not mean there is no LAG whatsoever, I am still getting sniped and hit behind walls, and greande kills just accentuate to those laggers.

No one drop kill with grenades, or I am going to drop this game like a hot potato, just like I did with that mess of a MP that UC3 was with all that qucik bomb, cluster bomb and what not BS !!!
Message 8 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Sa1nT_S0Ld1Er_ wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

That's a VERY VERY BAD idea, this is a team game and not a game for someone to become a Commando, taking out everyone with one grenade, you can't play in a team go play something else.

Plus just because ND has implemented an Anti Cheat system does not mean there is no LAG whatsoever, I am still getting sniped and hit behind walls, and greande kills just accentuate to those laggers.

No one drop kill with grenades, or I am going to drop this game like a hot potato, just like I did with that mess of a MP that UC3 was with all that qucik bomb, cluster bomb and what not BS !!!

I am glad there's nothing like that in this multiplayer.

I still like UC3 and I grew accustomed to all of that cheap stuff but this multiplayer has me hooked.

Great game
Message 9 of 16 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Alpha-Male22 wrote:

So, I love this multiplayer! Let me say that with a little more polish, a few more modes and options, it would have been UC2-level of fantastic! I'm very surprised that ND didn't advertise this much at all, or that they continue to be so silent on it. There are so many people who are surprised the MP exists, yet many I know are genuinely enjoying the MP, should they put in the time to understand how it works (a tutorial would have been nice, ND!)

I'm so glad to see ND approach the MP with that UC2-styled simplicity. UC3 was so bad (the MW2 of MP in that they took a good basic game and added way too much without a care about balance), and UC2's health patch killed UC2 MP for me. I didn't think you'd guys would be able to go back to this promise you showed with UC2. 

Anyways, as the title says, I really think bombs should be instant kills. I think this strategy would definitely be important for a last man standing, because as it is right now, it's a bit too hard for that one player to kill off an entire team, since reviving is so easy to do. I think bombs can change that. It would force players to continue being slow and careful instead of rushing around the map, and it'd make turning corners so much more dangerous.

Basically, if you are running (either Sprint or pushing left stick forward all the way), the bomb should explode and instantly kill you. No downs, no chance of revival, just an instant kill for carelessness. But if you walk slow or crouch past, the bomb shouldn't go off.

This *may* lead to more bombs being placed around the map, but since you can spot and destroy them, and since crafting bombs cost a good deal of resources, I think it's a fair tradeoff.

I find at the moment, it's much too easy for my team to hunt the last player down. It leads us to be careless and the game should be maintaining the intensity throughout. If that last enemy is struggling to survive, and places a bomb somewhere, and if I end up dying from it, I shouldn't be able to easy crawl back and have myself revived. I like that you guys make resource drops much more valuable for a last remaining player, but I think instant-killing bombs can help the gameplay further.

Thanks Naughty Dog! 

Totally agrees.

Canon 1Ds
Message 10 of 16 (116 Views)
0 Likes