Survivor
2121 posts

Re: Bow help

Nov 29, 2013

Sanchowest made an excellent video on how to use the bow, here it is.

Message 11 of 45 (163 Views)
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 29, 2013

zzmorg82 wrote:

Sanchowest made an excellent video on how to use the bow, here it is.

I love bow users, they are so easy to kill.

Message 12 of 45 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Yeah sure, I know that video man. Smiley Tongue

Stil am not sure on some of the mechanics like arrow travel time and stuff. Those are not covered in the video.

It is still great! I like the loadouts he suggests as well as the tactics like pop-shots and swipe-shots.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 13 of 45 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Nov 29, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

Yeah, noob bow users like me are an insta-kill. I know that when playing against bow users myself and using my SAR. But I already played against some really decent bow users which will shoot your armor off, then you notice them, then you got an arrow to the head. I want to be one of those Smiley Wink

TBH I think the bow is one of the mightiest weapons in the game if you are decent with it and on the right maps.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 14 of 45 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 29, 2013

foofighter2634 wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

Yeah, noob bow users like me are an insta-kill. I know that when playing against bow users myself and using my SAR. But I already played against some really decent bow users which will shoot your armor off, then you notice them, then you got an arrow to the head. I want to be one of those Smiley Wink

TBH I think the bow is one of the mightiest weapons in the game if you are decent with it and on the right maps.

If you cant beat them @ there own game use the opposite tactic to hit their weakness, bow users are very weak against rushing covert flamethrowers. heck even SARs.

Message 15 of 45 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Nov 29, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

I sucked with the bow until recently. I was getting shots 50 % of the time but missing shots 50 % of the time. Theres two main things I did that now I can shoot and hit 80 to 90 % of the time. First as you said you got to give the drawback time before shooting and second theres a circle when you first aim the bow. When you are pointing the bow at a enemy the circle will disappear. When the circle disappears it means you've got your target so shoot and it will register. For my third tip use Sharpshooter 3. Sharpshooter 3 gives bow users 65 % less damage wobble enabling bow users to go into direct gun battles with another person. Yes its true that with moving targets you need to shoot just before he moves there but I mostly just wait for him to stop moving. I can now get long distance shots with the bow but it just takes practice to get that. I also corner shoot with the bow which some people believe the bow cant do.

Cool, that was really helpful! I will have a look at the circle. I always try to see if there is a white dot instead of the circle but actually waiting for the CHANGE and then immediately release might be a good thing.

I still have to get used to the drawwback time. I used the SAR and revolver for such a long time that this is a difficult task if I am under pressure Smiley Happy

But about the movement: Sometimes you can't wait until he stops moving. Maybe in a direct battle. But if hes a decent player he will be moving constantly while shooting (at least that is what I do). One good thing about the bow though is that the circle of the arrow / the accuracy will not change while moving. Its different from the Revolver and the SAR.

But I also often have the issue that my first arrow hits, he starts moving or at least turning, my second arrow misses, then he starts to run or gets behind cover as he knows where the arrow came from. Then in the worst case he spots me and blows my cover. Then I'm screwed because I am behind enemy lines all alone Smiley Sad

I definetly will try Sharpshooter tonight. I always didn't because of the loads of points it costs, but I will just do it for the sake of seeing the actualy difference it makes.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 16 of 45 (142 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

I don't like the flame

reeLONGBOW wrote:

foofighter2634 wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

If you cant beat them @ there own game use the opposite tactic to hit their weakness, bow users are very weak against rushing covert flamethrowers. heck even SARs.

I neither like rushing nor the flamethrower nor the shotgun Smiley LOL

I don't know, I just find all of these things cheap and - no pun intended - unskillful.

What I find especially cheap are those Shotgun-Campers that just sit somewhere and wait 2 minutes to pop out and down someone. Meeeh

I mean, yeah I do have a "crisp-the-noobs" loadout with a flamethrower which I use if the game is almost over, I have plenty of parts to spend and just put everything into fuel and burn my way through the enemy team. But I don't enjoy that at all. Feels lame.

Something like throwing a smoke grenade and running in downing 3 guys with a Shotgun is OK, but I don't know, it sucks at the same time and I don't enjoy that.

You can still say: Well it gets me the kills! But I want to earn those kills - if you know what I mean Smiley Tongue

Art by Janice Chu
Message 17 of 45 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3567 posts

Nov 29, 2013

foofighter2634 wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

Sounds like you have the same complains i do, lets see it misses when you are spot on, its slow, its trash. Best thing you can do is use that time to master the semi or revolver and add a flamethrower, the bow is trash against any player halfway good.

foofighter wrote: No, don't think so. If you see Gatilmo on his Youtube videos doing work wtih it. But I can't say how he does that. He just hits 

reelonbow wrote: Ive seen the guy, but those were noobs too, its hard to hit a team of covert users who use heavy cover with flamethrowers in close quarters.

"Some say h8ting is confused admiration" Really Gatilmo only thrives with the bow, because he faces noobs?! Just because you suck with a weapon doesn't mean EVERYONE else does!

Message 18 of 45 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Yeah foofighter when the circle changes to that white dot is when you shoot the arrow. For me I suck with the movement thing atm so thats what I do to not waste my arrows but if you practice leading the shot you'll get it. In my shorty topic I gave tips on the shoot one arrow then enemy runs away problem. Basically thats where the shorty comes in. You follow the enemy and finish him off with the shorty. You get into shorty range with him then stop and shoot then job done. The shorty and bow are great for attacking a team while behind cover while having First Aid Training 1. You can if careful keep damaging them while healing yourself. Ill mark them to call for back up from team mates and I can sometimes take several of them out myself. The bow + shorty is definitely a great combo. 

Message 19 of 45 (127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

Ah and another thing about good bow-users you try to rush, especially with a 2x4/flamethrower:

They will just get behind a corner. wait for you to come around and blast your face with a shotgun themselves.

I think that is a valid use of a Shotgun though Smiley LOL

Still I don't know, I don't want to spend those loadout points and parts on purchasables tbh, and I don't feel I get more skilled with the actual main weapons, which is my aim in the long run.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 20 of 45 (125 Views)
0 Likes