Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Re: Bow help

Nov 29, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

I love bow users, they are so easy to kill.

i love players who think bow users are easy to kill... that's why i keep a flamethrower Smiley Very Happy

truth is, the only reason i use the bow is because it feels great to get a headshot/kill with it, and the things your character says when you do it is classic, same with the flamethrower. 

i might die more often than if i were using a regular SAR or burst, but the kills i do get are way more satisfying so it's worth it.

--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 21 of 45 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Nov 29, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Yeah foofighter when the circle changes to that white dot is when you shoot the arrow. For me I suck with the movement thing atm so thats what I do to not waste my arrows but if you practice leading the shot you'll get it. In my shorty topic I gave tips on the shoot one arrow then enemy runs away problem. Basically thats where the shorty comes in. You follow the enemy and finish him off with the shorty. You get into shorty range with him then stop and shoot then job done. The shorty and bow are great for attacking a team while behind cover while having First Aid Training 1. You can if careful keep damaging them while healing yourself. Ill mark them to call for back up from team mates and I can sometimes take several of them out myself. The bow + shorty is definitely a great combo. 

Jupp, I agree with that. However, running or even just jogging to get the Shorty shot in can be really dangerous a lot of times. And often I am in a distance which gives the enemy enough time to heal himself. Most of those more decent guys run First AId 1 at least.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 22 of 45 (161 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 29, 2013

I agree with nyk in that the bow is more satisfying and rewarding. People think that the SAR is the best weapon because its the easiest to use. See thats the problem really because people link easiest to use as automatically the best weapon but I find the Burst Rifle and Bow much more satisfying to use. The Burst Rifle and Bow have big learning curves but once you get over that, they as weapons are far better than the boring easy to use SAR. The Burst Rifle when mastered makes you drop your enemy like flys and the Bow has devastating results to those that master it. I hope I improve with the Bow but Im happy with how much Ive improved with it already just by learning to draw it back fully and wait for circle to change to white dot.

Message 23 of 45 (154 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Nov 29, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

foofighter2634 wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

Sounds like you have the same complains i do, lets see it misses when you are spot on, its slow, its trash. Best thing you can do is use that time to master the semi or revolver and add a flamethrower, the bow is trash against any player halfway good.

foofighter wrote: No, don't think so. If you see Gatilmo on his Youtube videos doing work wtih it. But I can't say how he does that. He just hits 

reelonbow wrote: Ive seen the guy, but those were noobs too, its hard to hit a team of covert users who use heavy cover with flamethrowers in close quarters.

"Some say h8ting is confused admiration" Really Gatilmo only thrives with the bow, because he faces noobs?! Just because you suck with a weapon doesn't mean EVERYONE else does!

Also he does not only face noobs. I especially had an eye on that because I thought so too for a moment. But it doesn't matter he crushes teams of lvl 250+ players the same way he does lvl 20 players. No, he's just really good at this game.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 24 of 45 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

Depends really because I run from short distances from my enemy foofighter. I take each case individually. I really like Hawk Eye 2 because if Im chasing a enemy and he goes around corner and plants a bomb then I know he just did it. If its long distance then I wont chase. I think practice getting two arrows in quickly at long distances will help your problem with that but not too quick as the arrow wont count as you know.

Message 25 of 45 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 29, 2013

foofighter2634 wrote:

INCANGENERAL wrote:

foofighter2634 wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

Sounds like you have the same complains i do, lets see it misses when you are spot on, its slow, its trash. Best thing you can do is use that time to master the semi or revolver and add a flamethrower, the bow is trash against any player halfway good.

foofighter wrote: No, don't think so. If you see Gatilmo on his Youtube videos doing work wtih it. But I can't say how he does that. He just hits 

reelonbow wrote: Ive seen the guy, but those were noobs too, its hard to hit a team of covert users who use heavy cover with flamethrowers in close quarters.

"Some say h8ting is confused admiration" Really Gatilmo only thrives with the bow, because he faces noobs?! Just because you suck with a weapon doesn't mean EVERYONE else does!

Also he does not only face noobs. I especially had an eye on that because I thought so too for a moment. But it doesn't matter he crushes teams of lvl 250+ players the same way he does lvl 20 players. No, he's just really good at this game.

He can bring it on and i we will beat him like any other bow user.

Message 26 of 45 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3481 posts

Nov 30, 2013

So Reellongbow you've never encountered a good bow user that has beaten you? Might be time to play some DLC supply raid and get out of that survivors comfort zone. 

I notice it's difficult for you to give props to people, that's rather obvious.

Message 27 of 45 (121 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Nov 30, 2013
The bow, in my opinion, is definitely a subpar weapon. Flight time, accuracy, and drop all seem really inconsistant, and when I used to use it here were too many times when I'd land a shot, hear the little noise of the arrow hitting the target, see blood sprayzout of them...and do no damage. When it comes down to it I'd rather spend the extra point on a silenced weapon that'll hit consistantly and deal damage when it hits.
Message 28 of 45 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Nov 30, 2013
I suck with the bow to be honest. It's good if you wanna get some stealth kills (flanking). But against the semi auto.....NOPE.

It takes legit skill and practice to be beast with the bow.
Message 29 of 45 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Here's 2 good loadouts.
-Sharpshooter 3/Covert Training 3
-Crafter 3
Bow and 9mm/Revolver

I once excelled with the bow even on DLC maps and I can tell you if your not good with the bow in direct conflict then you should use covert. I love crafter because of the boost it provides for my teammates and the parts I gather from it.
Message 30 of 45 (100 Views)
0 Likes