Wastelander
529 posts

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 20, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Hasn't this community learned enough?

Lets not rush into nerfing or buffing anything!

****** the game just came out!

Wait, learn all play styles, adapt.

YOU CANT SAY SOME THING IS OP THIS EARLY!!

Every one on this game is a NOOB to it.

When your a seasoned player on a game and you see new players doing "noob things", I got news for you-- we are all there right now.

Lets not jump the gun and ruin this game with nerf and buff threads.

Give the game a **bleep** chance!

TOTALLY agree.

At this point, having used most weapons to a fair degree, I can't see any reason to think the bow is OP. Most likely someone using it will have points in Covert, and possibly Eagle eye or similar, (does anyone know if sharpshooter effects bow use or just sniper rifles?)

So an equal level opponent will likely have more items to throw at them, or be quicker getting a melee weapon etc, it's all about choices.

If a player is OP with a bow, its far more likely their situational awareness is what's killing you, and that won;t change no matter what weapon you put in their hands.

As previous poster says tho, let's give the game a bit of breathing space before anyone yells 'nerf'.

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 31 of 229 (1,230 Views)
Sackboy
442 posts

Jun 20, 2013
I think the ''Multiplayer tweaks/suggestions'' thread may have been a bit too soon.
Message 32 of 229 (1,223 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Have we learned nothing from Uncharted 3?...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 33 of 229 (1,210 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Apparently not. 

The "This weapon has killed me alot therefore is OP" thought process is thick here.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 34 of 229 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 20, 2013
The bow should make more noise. You should be able to hear the string pluck or pull back or something thats my only complaint two hit downs tho useless far away and at close quarters its balanced enough.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 35 of 229 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 20, 2013

MuddledMuppet wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Hasn't this community learned enough?

Lets not rush into nerfing or buffing anything!

****** the game just came out!

Wait, learn all play styles, adapt.

YOU CANT SAY SOME THING IS OP THIS EARLY!!

Every one on this game is a NOOB to it.

When your a seasoned player on a game and you see new players doing "noob things", I got news for you-- we are all there right now.

Lets not jump the gun and ruin this game with nerf and buff threads.

Give the game a **bleep** chance!

TOTALLY agree.

At this point, having used most weapons to a fair degree, I can't see any reason to think the bow is OP. Most likely someone using it will have points in Covert, and possibly Eagle eye or similar, (does anyone know if sharpshooter effects bow use or just sniper rifles?)

So an equal level opponent will likely have more items to throw at them, or be quicker getting a melee weapon etc, it's all about choices.

If a player is OP with a bow, its far more likely their situational awareness is what's killing you, and that won;t change no matter what weapon you put in their hands.

As previous poster says tho, let's give the game a bit of breathing space before anyone yells 'nerf'.

I third this. It's far too early to whine. Games get broken becuae people cry nerf. Don't perpetuate the problem.

Message 36 of 229 (1,186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

So everyone is using the bow and apparently in the Last of Uinverse, is the most badass weapon ever - I lose to it every time....

enough is enough already.

I played this game for the first time last night, reminded me of the Hunger Games.

I can aim better far away up close i am sh**. far as the bow i had a better time using the hunter rifle, plus you can get perks to make it silent and off radar as well from what i understand, right?

Message 37 of 229 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

So everyone is using the bow and apparently in the Last of Uinverse, is the most badass weapon ever - I lose to it every time....

enough is enough already.

I played this game for the first time last night, reminded me of the Hunger Games.

I can aim better far away up close i am sh**. far as the bow i had a better time using the hunter rifle, plus you can get perks to make it silent and off radar as well from what i understand, right?

Yup I unlocked it last night. Havne't had chance to use though.

Message 38 of 229 (1,157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Just a reply @OP, i think that it COULD be overpowered, but I can't telll...I can't use it haha. I'm absolutely awful with it for some reason, so I respect when someone destroys me 1v1 with it.

Message 39 of 229 (1,149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 20, 2013

1992 bo jackson>2013 TLOU bow

Message 40 of 229 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes