Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/05/2013
Offline
111 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013
I think the revolver needs an upgrade, like a long barrel or silencer or something you can unlock. If you can put a silencer on a sawed off shotgun, then why not a .357
Message 61 of 229 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Which is why we need weapon use stats from ND. Anything else is anecdotal.

There are five options: hunting rifle, semi auto, bust, now and no long weapon.

How much, percentage wise, would a weapon have to be to show overuse? 25%? 30%?

What do you bet the semi auto rifle is currently top?

So let me get this straight... the semi auto is the most used (which I would say is undoubtably true along with the hunting rifle) but you guys want the bow nerfed? Great logic. Are we going down the road of making the M9 used by 99% of people again? I use my sidearm a lot when I'm using the bow because the bow is not good in gun fights. I beat plenty of people using the semi-auto, hunting rifle, bow, or three burst with the revolver. Does that mean the revolver is OP? Should we nerf that along with the semi-auto and the bow just because people are killed by those weapons?

 

I'll give you the short answer: NO. This game is too **bleep** good to ruin.

Message 62 of 229 (282 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/10/2009
Offline
1582 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013
@neverbelow, it's easy for you to say that because I bet you only play with a party of 4 at all times and never lose because you have a solid team.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 63 of 229 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

IGotVds wrote:
I think the revolver needs an upgrade, like a long barrel or silencer or something you can unlock. If you can put a silencer on a sawed off shotgun, then why not a .357

SMH. The revolver is fine. If it got an upgrade then it'd be too strong.

Message 64 of 229 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6159 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

Let's just nerf all the weapons now...we know it's gonna happen like in UC3. Why wait a year and a half and nerf em one-by-one?

 photo Sniper.png
Message 65 of 229 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

Joshuaalt wrote:
@neverbelow, it's easy for you to say that because I bet you only play with a party of 4 at all times and never loss because you have a solid team.

Then you'd lose that bet and be wrong. I solo or just have two a lot. I rarely lose with 2 and win much more often than not wwhile solo. U3 it was necessary to have a decent sized party because the combination of idiot randoms I always got matched with and power plays.

Message 66 of 229 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/04/1999
Offline
1437 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

It's OP for executions. It's impossible to get away because you can get hit with another arrow before you even get a chance to crawl away. It should take 2 arrows to execute.

Message 67 of 229 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

Cyris wrote:

It's OP for executions. It's impossible to get away because you can get hit with another arrow before you even get a chance to crawl away. It should take 2 arrows to execute.


I disagree here again. That's one of the advantages it has over the other guns. It's not as easy to hit targets and especially if they're moving or hitting you wtih shots. It's not easy to aim over distance of any kind. If the person is very close to you then you'll probably get smacked. If the other person surprises you it's much harder to react with the bow. It has plenty of disadvantages. I like using it because it changes it up but it's certainly not better than the other guns.

Message 68 of 229 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13686 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

It's not OP. Have you tried to get in a gun fight with the bow? It's much harder than the semi-auto, hunting rifle (with the scoped in perk of course) or any of the pistols. It's situationally good and hard to use (like the Dragon from U3). Most people suck with it. I'm decent with it and it doesn't suddenly make me untouchable. It certainly doesn't make a random untouchable.

 

I think that the bow is most effective when only one person of the 4 are using it. It mixes it up for the other team and it's hard for them to react. Honestly it fits the theme of this game very well. A team of 4 in this game are best suited to have different loadouts and support abilities. Let's not start streamlining this game and make only a few loadouts effective whne facing players of the same ability (see U2 or U3).

 

I've said it once and I'll say it again, they nailed the balance and variety of this game overall. Stop trying to change a good thing. You guys will ef it up.


I've got into plenty of 1v1's with it. and won. It's way OP, so OP that I had to stop using it because I just felt bad for doing it. I mean seriously I hate a challenge. but to the point where it's just steamrolling is pointless.

 

Fact is I've seen these arguments a dime and dozen, Often they replicate people who are abusing said weapon/tactic and do not want it changed.

 

Also you bring up the point in your post, it's hard to react, yet it's easy to react to every other weapon, that in itself tells you there is something desperately wrong.

 



Message 69 of 229 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
16338 posts
 

Re: Bow is overpowered and not fun

Jun 26, 2013
Ah, the bow usage is low because of altruism.

Sweet.



The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 70 of 229 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes