Reply
Jun 22 2013
By: tripleWRECK Fender Bender 3247 posts
Offline

Bravo Naughty Dog

32 replies 705 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

I haven't been this addicted to a game since old Uncharted 2, how fitting that it was created by the same team.

 

I'm seriously loving the combination of Gears, SOCOM, Uncharted, and perhaps a little Counter-Strike. Teamwork is rewarded, true skill takes center stage, and the core gameplay is far deeper than most shooters around today.

 

Yes there are some issues, as every game will at launch, but the overall balance is surprisingly good. I'm glad you didn't bite off more than you could chew like with Uncharted 3, instead you focused on the foundation and got the fundamentals right.

 

This multiplayer has serious potential, I'm looking forward to providing direct feedback, growing its competitive scene, and promoting it as much as possible. Just don't repeat another 1.05 okay? Smiley Tongue

 

Congrats on not only crafting a masterpiece singleplayer, but a fresh multiplayer component that matches it perfectly.

 

Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo.

Message 1 of 33 (705 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/28/2009
Offline
153 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013

Are you considering doing a video review like you did with Uncharted 3? I really enjoyed watching those. 

Message 2 of 33 (678 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/28/2008
Offline
1846 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013
I had my first super enjoyable session.... And it was with a proper team. We followed each other. Moved from room to room. One would test it out and if they ran into trouble we'd all go in, unleash hell, and revive like crazy. Was amazing. It's so good when you have a team. It's like I wanted SOCOM 4 to be!
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 3 of 33 (672 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013

I'm just going to run here and add that:

 

ND, you must make Uncharted 4. You must get the fundamentals right and stick with basics like TLOU does, it makes a much better balanced and more fun game.

 

Only problem I have is I miss climbing around a lot... so yeah.

 

This game only needs one patch. get that patch right and move on to Uncharted 4.



Message 4 of 33 (663 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/22/2009
Offline
307 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I'm just going to run here and add that:

 

ND, you must make Uncharted 4. You must get the fundamentals right and stick with basics like TLOU does, it makes a much better balanced and more fun game.

 

Only problem I have is I miss climbing around a lot... so yeah.

 

This game only needs one patch. get that patch right and move on to Uncharted 4.


Uncharted should be put to bed now. Uncharted 3's single player was awful and I can only see it getting worse if they continue with the series.

Message 5 of 33 (634 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
1363 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013

It's awesome, indeed. Just fix some of the technical issues like the lag and host problems. 

Message 6 of 33 (628 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/14/2009
Offline
421 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm just going to run here and add that:

 

ND, you must make Uncharted 4. You must get the fundamentals right and stick with basics like TLOU does, it makes a much better balanced and more fun game.

 

Only problem I have is I miss climbing around a lot... so yeah.

 

This game only needs one patch. get that patch right and move on to Uncharted 4.


Uncharted should be put to bed now. Uncharted 3's single player was awful and I can only see it getting worse if they continue with the series.


As much as I love Uncharted, I have to agree with this... Uncharted 2 was AWESOME single player wise but UC3 was a huge disappointment. I'd rather see a TLoU2 instead of Uncharted 4 really.

 

I agree with the OP as well, though. Multiplayer is great and I'm enjoying it to the fullest.

Message 7 of 33 (616 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Online
4910 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I haven't been this addicted to a game since old Uncharted 2, how fitting that it was created by the same team.

 

I'm seriously loving the combination of Gears, SOCOM, Uncharted, and perhaps a little Counter-Strike. Teamwork is rewarded, true skill takes center stage, and the core gameplay is far deeper than most shooters around today.

 

Yes there are some issues, as every game will at launch, but the overall balance is surprisingly good. I'm glad you didn't bite off more than you could chew like with Uncharted 3, instead you focused on the foundation and got the fundamentals right.

 

This multiplayer has serious potential, I'm looking forward to providing direct feedback, growing its competitive scene, and promoting it as much as possible. Just don't repeat another 1.05 okay? Smiley Tongue

 

Congrats on not only crafting a masterpiece singleplayer, but a fresh multiplayer component that matches it perfectly.

 

Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo.


Definately agreed.

 

While Uncharted 3's MP was far from trash, it just didn't feel as fun as UC2 was. This game reminds me alot of the fun I had while playing Uncharted 2. It has the best of both worlds I feel, while it has loadouts, there are few weapons (which are all balanced IMO) and there are supplies and health packs which creates the feel I had while playing UC2 since all the weapons were pick-ups.

 

The emphasis on teamwork also makes the game MUCH more tactical and enjoyable. While looking at the livestreams before getting the game, it felt slow paced and boring. Playing it though is totally different, it's just a very different game than most shooters, and I'm glad I do feel the tension of the SP in the MP too as pretty much most of the mechanics found in the SP are in MP.

 

Bravo Naughty Dog, indeed. If the DLC packs are worth it, I might even pick up the Season Pass. Let's just wait and see.

 

 




Message 8 of 33 (596 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17622 posts
 

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I haven't been this addicted to a game since old Uncharted 2, how fitting that it was created by the same team...

Congrats on not only crafting a masterpiece singleplayer, but a fresh multiplayer component that matches it perfectly.

 

Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo.


Have to agree.  I can't see playing the UC titles any more, other than.... well, for any reason.



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 9 of 33 (578 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

I'm pleasantly surprised with how factions turned out. Ho...

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

I'm pleasantly surprised with how factions turned out. Hopefully some of the problems will get patched quickly, but for now I'm going to enjoy playing a MP game that actually isn't broken at launch. The multiplayer foundation is great, my only issue is the lack of modes and maps. 

 

Needless to say, I will be playing the multiplayer for a while to come.

tlousig2
Message 10 of 33 (574 Views)
Reply
0 Likes