Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Re: Bravo Naughty Dog

Jun 22, 2013
I agree with Aureilia. I still want to see Uncharted 4, really. TLOU MP is balance and all but some customizations and unlockables will do then go on and make Uncharted 4 with most ND staff.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 33 (287 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

ND's gonna mess it up... Hell they've already started by letting in more laggers.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 12 of 33 (279 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14263 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm just going to run here and add that:

ND, you must make Uncharted 4. You must get the fundamentals right and stick with basics like TLOU does, it makes a much better balanced and more fun game.

Only problem I have is I miss climbing around a lot... so yeah.

This game only needs one patch. get that patch right and move on to Uncharted 4.

Uncharted should be put to bed now. Uncharted 3's single player was awful and I can only see it getting worse if they continue with the series.

Nope. the Uncharted 3 single player is why we need a new one, there are so many plot holes that need filling.

Plus Uncharted has an established fan base which needs satisfying.

Either that or make a comic or something that fixes the mess of a story.

Next you'll be telling me TLoU needs a sequel.. When it really needs nothing. Unlike Uncharted it isn't broken and in desperate need of a sequel to fix it.

Message 13 of 33 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Jacko_the_lad wrote:
Uncharted should be put to bed now. Uncharted 3's single player was awful and I can only see it getting worse if they continue with the series.

Nah, TLoU team just needs to go back and help the U3 team make U4.

Message 14 of 33 (270 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

Jun 22, 2013

inb4 half the guns are tweeked, health is changed, we get stat hats, and the game ends up only rewarding one style of play.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 15 of 33 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 22, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I haven't been this addicted to a game since old Uncharted 2, how fitting that it was created by the same team.

I'm seriously loving the combination of Gears, SOCOM, Uncharted, and perhaps a little Counter-Strike. Teamwork is rewarded, true skill takes center stage, and the core gameplay is far deeper than most shooters around today.

Yes there are some issues, as every game will at launch, but the overall balance is surprisingly good. I'm glad you didn't bite off more than you could chew like with Uncharted 3, instead you focused on the foundation and got the fundamentals right.

This multiplayer has serious potential, I'm looking forward to providing direct feedback, growing its competitive scene, and promoting it as much as possible. Just don't repeat another 1.05 okay? Smiley Tongue

Congrats on not only crafting a masterpiece singleplayer, but a fresh multiplayer component that matches it perfectly.

Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo.

I tried and tried to like the multiplayer, played alone, with my friends, they all have the same complaints i do. The game is to slow and clunky for my liking, even with the sensetivity turned all the way up, the gun mechanics are to slow, the lack of jump and prone makes it impossible to dodge bullets and evade, strafting is far to slow, snipers are far to weak compaired to melee weapons and autos, lack of stopping power rewards melee style, maps are to cluttered, i can go on and on..

im not saying the same sucks, but its defintly not for me, and as a huge socom fan i can tell you its nothing like socom.

Message 16 of 33 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5217 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I'm just going to run here and add that:

ND, you must make Uncharted 4. You must get the fundamentals right and stick with basics like TLOU does, it makes a much better balanced and more fun game.

Only problem I have is I miss climbing around a lot... so yeah.

This game only needs one patch. get that patch right and move on to Uncharted 4.

Agreed.

While I absolutely loved the SP for TLOU and how unique the MP is. I still would like a UC4. Comparing apples with orange. To me the only problem with UC3 was that it was just rushed out the door which didn't make it as well polished as UC1 and UC2.

The only problem I have with TLoU is just the lack of variety of game modes. I have no complaints with this MP otherwise. It's very balanced.

Message 17 of 33 (250 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 23, 2013

The only thing I want to say is:

What you did for SP, keep doing it. DON'T copy UC3. That wasn't great, or "good" or anything. No.

For MP, I know you guys love the innovation, but remember to stick to the basics that everyone likes.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 18 of 33 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah ND should innovate on the basics.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 19 of 33 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Just finished a 24+ hour straight live-stream today, that's how much I'm loving this game so far. Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 33 (156 Views)