Keyblade Wielder
7083 posts

Re: Brawler 2 ruins everything.

Oct 27, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Nieuma-A change for the better? I firmly believe ND got this wrong see multiple threads on this. Now more molotovs and bombs being crafted since less brawler users. Easier to shoot down a nailboard rusher versus hidden molotov users.

to be fair, it was the same handful of people who made said threads... that being said those died down within a week.

Interestingly enough, the thing being complained about is technically not affected by the patch at all and wasn't changed much at all if even, that being excess explosives.

Another thing to point out is that brawler itself wasn't widely complained about on these forums prior to the patch. People complained about the magnetizing swing, but that's about it. So you can't really blame the players for complaining about this one since the 'crying' about this thing was minimal at best, infact the thing people are crying about the most on these forums, excess of molotovs, bombs and such, was not changed at all. Sure they tweaked EE, but that just dampered the effectiveness of the explosives, there is still the same amount as there has always been.

Also pointing out, ND so far did not nerf anything according to the players opinions; i.e reducing SAR RoF, making molotov capacity 1, making EE not affect molotovs, and whatever other asinine things players suggested. Even the hunting rifle buff was in reason as people were wanting a larger capacity, no scope, and armour piercing rounds which woulda been overboard.

again, hating a bad nerf cool, hating a nerf because it is a nerf, well...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 21 of 30 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Oct 27, 2013

swiftavenger-I'm only mentioning it because people are bringing the 2x4 and brawler back up. I left it alone and have since adapted to the increase in molotovs , bombs. You ,Sandude and I will continue to disagree on if there has been an increase. Timewarner a crafter nerf?!! Hoping that doesn't go thru and second SAR nerf?!! That would be an abomination!! I notice the difference in accuracy.

Message 22 of 30 (720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 27, 2013
And people thought I was delutional about the magnetizig effect of the 2x4... Obviously still exist.
Message 23 of 30 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I've seen the stick miss, and drag me over to him, swing the 2x4 like it's unmodded and drain my full health, and my fav rapid 2x4 swing. And we are all familiar with the 12 meter dash... -_-
Message 24 of 30 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Oct 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Nieuma-A change for the better? I firmly believe ND got this wrong see multiple threads on this. Now more molotovs and bombs being crafted since less brawler users. Easier to shoot down a nailboard rusher versus hidden molotov users.

to be fair, it was the same handful of people who made said threads... that being said those died down within a week.

3-4 people riffing on one issue that personally affected them isn't a reason for change.

I've watched a ****tonne of streamnig this week, haven't heard any players complaining online.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 25 of 30 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Oct 27, 2013

I was kidding about the SAR nerf but a crafter nerf to up the items per gift by 1 would cut down on the candy being tossed around significantly among full teams running crafter.

Message 26 of 30 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

Nieuma wrote:
I never even had much of a problem with the way it was before (because if you move close in on someone you should be prepared to accept the consequences). But I have one class with brawler, which is also a long range sniping class. I had to adjust, and lose marathon 2 and I think change one other little thing....but I don't think it's too big a deal. Was a welcome change. Anything for more fairness overall.

I don't think that's why they nerfed it, they probably nerfed it because people would just run after you with it and that sort of made the gunplay nonexistent, all you had to do was run around with a modded 2x4 and smack ppl with it, recraft and repeat.  Unbalanced gameplay.......

The reason why I'm loving the change in gameplay is because IMO it makes the game more consistent.  The 2x4 is the most inconsistent thing in the game.  Sliding across the floor?  Swinging first but still losing a modded stick battle?  Much more inconsistent than molotovs and their sketchy radius and inconsistencies with armor.  The molotov is the "cheapest" and easiest way to get kills, especially multiple kills.  The molotov requires a bit more skill to use (not much more) than running up to someone and pressing square.  You still got to aim, you still have to space yourself properly.  

Anything to reduce the amount of annoyance of something so inconsistent as the 2x4 is a plus in my book.

Message 27 of 30 (658 Views)
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Oct 27, 2013
^Where do people get this crap from? I use Crafter 3 all the time, and never give more than 2-3 mollies or bombs! Neither bombs nor mollies are the problem, you are for not being able to dodge them, half the teammates I give bombs to throw them at dumb spots and mollies glow, run if you see it.

Crafter 2 is already useless with all those crafts you need for an item, but the 5 point support skill needs nerfing? Go ahead and nerf Hawk-eye and FAT while your at it, people should heal themselves right? Healing your teammates is obviously op, you should use 1 health kit every time you heal a teammate.
Message 28 of 30 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Quinzen8 wrote:
^Where do people get this crap from? I use Crafter 3 all the time, and never give more than 2-3 mollies or bombs! Neither bombs nor mollies are the problem, you are for not being able to dodge them, half the teammates I give bombs to throw them at dumb spots and mollies glow, run if you see it.

Crafter 2 is already useless with all those crafts you need for an item, but the 5 point support skill needs nerfing? Go ahead and nerf Hawk-eye and FAT while your at it, people should heal themselves right? Healing your teammates is obviously op, you should use 1 health kit every time you heal a teammate.

Never give out more than 2-3 mollies LOL.  So on average a team all running crafter 3, means an extra 8-12 mollies are possible not including the welfare system  mollies or normal item crafts from the supply boxes.

I don't die that much from mollies myself because I am strictly a sniper and I distance myself so it's not possible to hit me with a molly.  Obviously I do get torched sometimes when I'm revivving or going around a corner, but not nearly as often as people who play a up and close and personal game.  

Message 29 of 30 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Oct 27, 2013
You realize they can only give 1 gift every 2 items right? Please listen to Incan, good buffs, not senseless nerfs!
Message 30 of 30 (414 Views)