Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/04/2011
Offline
260 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

No don't buff the 9mm, I say this and I use it

 

The prob isn't the 9mm but the revolver, it should never be free in the first place, the revolver is a awesome weapon and should cost 2 points to use on the loadout

 

The 9mm is good as it is since I can kill and get killed alot by it, sure is weaker compared to the other guns but its a free gun

 

The revolver is the problem not the 9mm


Huh, never thought of that. That's a nice observation actually..

 

So like:

9MM - free

Shorty - 1

Revolver -1

 

or:

9MM - free

Shorty - free

Revolver - 1

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 142 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4583 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

No don't buff the 9mm, I say this and I use it

 

The prob isn't the 9mm but the revolver, it should never be free in the first place, the revolver is a awesome weapon and should cost 2 points to use on the loadout

 

The 9mm is good as it is since I can kill and get killed alot by it, sure is weaker compared to the other guns but its a free gun

 

The revolver is the problem not the 9mm


Batman.jpg

 

I'm not interested in nerfing anything. For crying out loud, all I'm asking for is a **bleep** clip size increase by THREE ROUNDS. I'm not asking for auto-aim or 1HK damage or anything stupid like that. Jeeeeeeesus.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 142 (219 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013

Personal opinion here, but in addition to the solid proposal written by Southpaw, I also think the silencer mod on it can stand to be reduced to a one point cost. I feel the damage the 9mm deals combined with it's inaccuracy at range can warrant such a change without putting it over the top. Having the silencer at a two-point cost is pretty limiting on loadout budgets at the moment, when those same two points can be better put to use by adding a silencer to your long gun of choice.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 142 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4583 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013

Mind_Less wrote:

Personal opinion here, but in addition to the solid proposal written by Southpaw, I also think the silencer mod on it can stand to be reduced to a one point cost. I feel the damage the 9mm deals combined with it's inaccuracy at range can warrant such a change without putting it over the top. Having the silencer at a two-point cost is pretty limiting on loadout budgets at the moment, when those same two points can be better put to use by adding a silencer to your long gun of choice.


I think a cost reduction would only make sense if it doesn't get the clip size buff, but that could just be me.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 142 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
15217 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013
No reduction on silencers unless all silencers are reduced.

Stealth costs, and should cost in a.game built around situational awareness.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 142 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013

SouthpawLP wrote:

Mind_Less wrote:

Personal opinion here, but in addition to the solid proposal written by Southpaw, I also think the silencer mod on it can stand to be reduced to a one point cost. I feel the damage the 9mm deals combined with it's inaccuracy at range can warrant such a change without putting it over the top. Having the silencer at a two-point cost is pretty limiting on loadout budgets at the moment, when those same two points can be better put to use by adding a silencer to your long gun of choice.


I think a cost reduction would only make sense if it doesn't get the clip size buff, but that could just be me.


I think it would be fine with both, loadout budgets are a huge part of how you perform, so you should expect a good return on investment for whatever you choose. We can already see how few people pick up the shorty just because it costs a loadout point, even though it's an awesome close-quarters sidearm.

 

Any suspicion is warranted though, this game is so close to absolute balance, and like everyone else I don't want to see a continually shifting metagame where only one or two loadouts dominate, much like UC3 had.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 142 (202 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/03/2010
Online
3973 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013
I do think the 9MM is weaker than the Revolver overall and that's why I stopped using it. It does have the option of a silencer, though, and that kinda makes up for it. In the flow of the game it doesn't make a huge difference if your pistol is silenced considering almost no one uses loadout points for that.

One thing I will say is that you can use the pistol upgrade perk and get a silencer on it for free. I have a ton of those stacked up because I never use the 9mm (or the shorty because I prefer versatility).

However, I don't think it's on the Tau level.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 142 (198 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/04/2011
Offline
260 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

See the more I think about what watanabe said,the more it makes sense in my mind lol. It's not technically a buff or a nerf to the weapon, just a change of cost. But changing the cost would effect what you can do with loadouts.

The 9MM being free makes sense, its a low damage short range, medium range and long range weapon. I would actually make Shorty free because you sacrifice mid-long range for more close range power.

Revolver is the best of both worlds and it would make sense to make it cost 1 loadout point. I wouldn't make it cost 2 loadout points because that would put it up there with large firearms. It has power and can be used in close, mid and long ranges. Since the 9MM and Revolver are both free, when you weigh them both on the same scale, it will tip towards the revolver. That's just me though..

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 142 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
15217 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013
They aren't making the Shorty free.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 142 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/04/2011
Offline
260 posts
 

Re: Buff the 9mm Pistol - Why and How

Jun 24, 2013

scootgar wrote:
They aren't making the Shorty free.

We really need a Lab lol

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 142 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes