Uncharted Territory
1267 posts

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

All a Burst Rifle can do is rely on headshots? lol are you for real? The Burst Rifle is known for being good at taking out moving targets. You press circle while a Burst Rifle user drags the Burst Rifle along you = you dead. And no dont keep on about you taking on noobs with Burst Rifles BR because you are looking daft. Put your ego away little boy because you SAR users lost due to being too chicken to take us mighty Burst Rifle users on. Burst Rifle rules lol.

Message 121 of 134 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 17, 2014

The case with most competitive games, if not all of them, is that there's always going to be that one most versatile and accessible weapon the majority uses simply because it has the softest learning curve. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the best weapon in the game since other weapons can be at least as, if not more, deadly when used properly. I, for one, think that balance of weapons is really good in this game. Even though my preferred weapon is the HR, I really like to switch loadouts and try different weapons and playstyles because it's really fun and challenging to do and it keeps the game fresh.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 122 of 134 (221 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Apr 17, 2014
If there was no armor then i would pick the burst rifle over the sar. the burst rifle is so unreliable against a good team. lots of people buy armor, the sar can take it away faster and from a distance. burst rifle takes too long and aiming for the legs isn't always easy. competitively the sar is just better.
Message 123 of 134 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1267 posts

Apr 19, 2014

^ A good Burst Rifle user dosent have a issue with armour. Because your crap with the Burst Rifle Caress dosent make the Burst Rifle crap. I know of several individuals who deal with armour just fine. 

Message 124 of 134 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Apr 19, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

^ A good Burst Rifle user dosent have a issue with armour. Because your crap with the Burst Rifle Caress dosent make the Burst Rifle crap. I know of several individuals who deal with armour just fine. 

Hes right tho. Against armor burst is iffy at best. Needs buffed in terms of armor removal. 

Message 125 of 134 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1267 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2014

^ I used to think that until I realised it was me who was the problem not the Burst Rifle vs armour. Try upgrading the Burst Rifle then shooting in one place = its fine against armour. 

Message 126 of 134 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
375 posts

Apr 19, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

^ Try upgrading the Burst Rifle then shooting in one place = its fine against armour. 

doesn't it take like 2 bursts (4-5 bullets) to take off armour? if so, that's more than enough time to move to a safe spot and own them with the manly SAR.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TommyLoveTV
Message 127 of 134 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6183 posts

Apr 19, 2014

it takes 1 burst to remove armour. So on average, it will takr 3 bursts to down an armoured guy as opposed to 2 bursts to take down an unarmoured. Not taking into account possible headshots and leg damage, etc.

photo Sniper.png
Message 128 of 134 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1267 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2014

@ Tom, ahhh but I use SS3 with my Burst Rifle so I dont suffer that problem. A few of my friends use SS3 with the Burst Rifle too but yeah that would be a issue without SS3 unless the Burst Rifle user out smarts the SAR user. You have a point there but then again Id take that problem over the SARs ammo issue and that the SAR isent as good against the 2x4 rushers as the Burst Rifle is. It basically comes down to preference.

Message 129 of 134 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Apr 19, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

^ I used to think that until I realised it was me who was the problem not the Burst Rifle vs armour. Try upgrading the Burst Rifle then shooting in one place = its fine against armour. 

Nah I wouldn't say that. Any decent player can move out of the way of a burst rifle burst and make sure that all 3 bullets don't connect. What I mean is if you even miss one bullet on an armored enemy from one burst you have to get all 3 bullets from the next burst to break the armor off. Almost as if the armor damage resets itself. 

Playing against good players that know how to move and shoot when the time is right makes its very difficult to break armor with the burst unless you are camping and get the drop on someone or the enemy just isn't good enough to move out of the way. What I keep finding is that I will hit 2 bullets on the body and 1 bullet on the head (because I run SS3 with my burst) that armored enemies are a pain to take down. I'm so used to getting those quick 1 burst downs that I have to force myself to aim lower or have been lucky to gather enough parts for a fully upgraded burst.

Message 130 of 134 (196 Views)
0 Likes