Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Jul 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

 

Aureilia wrote:


sanddude20 wrote:


Aureilia wrote:

Burst Rifle is impossible to use non leveled. good luck even getting kills to level it up.


400 parts isn't exactly hard to get...


I tried. I only got 400 after the game gave them to me in supplies.

 

It's not as easy to get things when your just getting killed repeatedly.


I must have awesome luck because I'm almost always able to upgrade my BR after the first few minutes of a match.  A few surprise kills and getting to a couple of supply boxes easily nets you 400.  In fact I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to uprade my BR within a few minutes of a game. 

 

The only time you are not able to upgrade the BR is when you keep buying armor......

 

 


Problem was I went 0-0-10 with it. Think I found 2 100's from the supplies and got to upgrade by healing by the end.


Ok you got 0-0-10 with it one game.  What was your score the second game or the third or 40th game?

 

Surely you are not basing your opinion of the BR on one game????

Message 51 of 134 (427 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14228 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Jul 31, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

 

Aureilia wrote:


sanddude20 wrote:


Aureilia wrote:

Burst Rifle is impossible to use non leveled. good luck even getting kills to level it up.


400 parts isn't exactly hard to get...


I tried. I only got 400 after the game gave them to me in supplies.

 

It's not as easy to get things when your just getting killed repeatedly.


I must have awesome luck because I'm almost always able to upgrade my BR after the first few minutes of a match.  A few surprise kills and getting to a couple of supply boxes easily nets you 400.  In fact I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to uprade my BR within a few minutes of a game. 

 

The only time you are not able to upgrade the BR is when you keep buying armor......

 

 


Problem was I went 0-0-10 with it. Think I found 2 100's from the supplies and got to upgrade by healing by the end.


Ok you got 0-0-10 with it one game.  What was your score the second game or the third or 40th game?

 

Surely you are not basing your opinion of the BR on one game????


second time I tried it was 0-0-2

 

third was 4-0-2 but those two kills were revolver kills and the other 2 were stolen special executions.

 

Then I gave up.



Message 52 of 134 (423 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

 

Aureilia wrote:


sanddude20 wrote:


Aureilia wrote:

Burst Rifle is impossible to use non leveled. good luck even getting kills to level it up.


400 parts isn't exactly hard to get...


I tried. I only got 400 after the game gave them to me in supplies.

 

It's not as easy to get things when your just getting killed repeatedly.


I must have awesome luck because I'm almost always able to upgrade my BR after the first few minutes of a match.  A few surprise kills and getting to a couple of supply boxes easily nets you 400.  In fact I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to uprade my BR within a few minutes of a game. 

 

The only time you are not able to upgrade the BR is when you keep buying armor......

 

 


Problem was I went 0-0-10 with it. Think I found 2 100's from the supplies and got to upgrade by healing by the end.


Ok you got 0-0-10 with it one game.  What was your score the second game or the third or 40th game?

 

Surely you are not basing your opinion of the BR on one game????


second time I tried it was 0-0-2

 

third was 4-0-2 but those two kills were revolver kills and the other 2 were stolen special executions.

 

Then I gave up.


The BR does take some time getting use to especially if you are coming from the SAR.  I too was frustrated with it because I was trying to use it like a SAR.  It took me a few weeks to get use to it.  It's now my main gun.  

 

The biggest thing to get use to going from the SAR to the BR is the recoil and landing as many bullets in a burst as you can.  You almost have to drag the target scope to follow the movement of the guy you are shooting. 

Since you are probably are facing a lot of SAR users, I suggest you equip Sharpshooter.  It helps land more bullets in a burst when you are being shot at, at least in my experience.  Oh and if you are in a gun batle and the person is more than 1/4 of a map's length away, I advise you to duck and cover or run away, because you are most likely to lose.

 

The BR is best used on these maps:  High School, Bill's Town, Checkpoint.  Maps with a lot of corners and close quarter gun battles.  Lakeside is the worst map, since  a lot of gun battles are long(er) distance.  

 

Give it a try for a few weeks not a few days before writting it off as a piece of junk.  The only gun that can be written off as junk is the Hunting rifle hahahahha Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 134 (411 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14228 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

 

Aureilia wrote:


sanddude20 wrote:


Aureilia wrote:

Burst Rifle is impossible to use non leveled. good luck even getting kills to level it up.


400 parts isn't exactly hard to get...


I tried. I only got 400 after the game gave them to me in supplies.

 

It's not as easy to get things when your just getting killed repeatedly.


I must have awesome luck because I'm almost always able to upgrade my BR after the first few minutes of a match.  A few surprise kills and getting to a couple of supply boxes easily nets you 400.  In fact I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to uprade my BR within a few minutes of a game. 

 

The only time you are not able to upgrade the BR is when you keep buying armor......

 

 


Problem was I went 0-0-10 with it. Think I found 2 100's from the supplies and got to upgrade by healing by the end.


Ok you got 0-0-10 with it one game.  What was your score the second game or the third or 40th game?

 

Surely you are not basing your opinion of the BR on one game????


second time I tried it was 0-0-2

 

third was 4-0-2 but those two kills were revolver kills and the other 2 were stolen special executions.

 

Then I gave up.


The BR does take some time getting use to especially if you are coming from the SAR.  I too was frustrated with it because I was trying to use it like a SAR.  It took me a few weeks to get use to it.  It's now my main gun.  

 

The biggest thing to get use to going from the SAR to the BR is the recoil and landing as many bullets in a burst as you can.  You almost have to drag the target scope to follow the movement of the guy you are shooting. 

Since you are probably are facing a lot of SAR users, I suggest you equip Sharpshooter.  It helps land more bullets in a burst when you are being shot at, at least in my experience.  Oh and if you are in a gun batle and the person is more than 1/4 of a map's length away, I advise you to duck and cover or run away, because you are most likely to lose.

 

The BR is best used on these maps:  High School, Bill's Town, Checkpoint.  Maps with a lot of corners and close quarter gun battles.  Lakeside is the worst map, since  a lot of gun battles are long(er) distance.  

 

Give it a try for a few weeks not a few days before writting it off as a piece of junk.  The only gun that can be written off as junk is the Hunting rifle hahahahha Smiley Very Happy


I actually use the Hunting Rifle and do well.. I don't usually go negative with it, but it does become annoying when everyone has armor and you basically have to either switch loadouts or use the secondary weapon.

 

But yeah.. If I was doing badly for a few weeks I wouldn't play the game at all. I don't really stick around if I'm doing badly and usually will just mark the game off as a bad MP.

 

The unfortunate side of me is I only play things I can do well at.

 

But I'll try the two ways to get it leveled next time I play. see if it improves it for me.



Message 54 of 134 (399 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
20187 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Aug 1, 2013
If you want a good score with it, I just went 14-13-0 with the Burst Rifle on University.

Had my level 1 upgrade within 3 minutes and went on a headshot rampage, instant executing everyone I saw.

It's seriously not as horrid as Aureilia makes it out to be, and I use it exclusively.
Message 55 of 134 (394 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11204 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Aug 1, 2013
^Hey DAG! Should I bother upgrading the burst rifle a second time or just save the parts for armor and ammo?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 56 of 134 (389 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
20187 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Aug 1, 2013
@AK Yes, upgrade it a second time. It's the level 1 upgrade made 10 times better and makes head shots and instant executions even easier than level 1.

I tend to upgrade the Burst all the way before armor or the Flamethrower just to get the maximum efficiency out of my main weapon.
Message 57 of 134 (380 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
464 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Aug 1, 2013

Burst rifle is awesome. If they fixed the armour bug then personally for me it will be the best weapon in game (FOR ME).

 

Burst Rifle 16-13-1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pyGuEXX_-k


Two burst rifle + bad randoms against full team http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W3ihzElEuw

 

Key to burst rifle is playing agressive, flanking and getting in close range situations. Gun is fine.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 58 of 134 (377 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 06/29/2013
Offline
161 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle

Aug 1, 2013

I_DJM wrote:

sintax201 wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

 

Ammo price: 150 parts(3 Bullets)  Need 6 bullets to down = 300 parts

 


Only needs 5 bullets to down a player.

 


i gotta call bs i've hit people with three burst two to the chest and one more anywhere and they've ran away from it


If you grab a friend and hop into a private match, have him shoot you with one full burst in the chest.  You'll see each bullet takes away one segment of your health.

Message 59 of 134 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
20187 posts
 

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle

Aug 1, 2013
@sintax If it really is 5 bullets, then it REALLY doesn't seem like it is. Whenever I use this gun (which is all the time), I always seem to count 6 bullets when hitting only the body. Maybe the 6th bullet is confusing me? Do the legs have a separate hitbox?

I'm not doubting you, but I never actually count 5 bullets.
Message 60 of 134 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes