I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle

Aug 1, 2013

sintax201 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
You said "messaging", which could also mean sending/receiving the right amount of UDP packets in a timely manner.

Also, you are a Naughty Dog Developer. I don't think that I'll get a more informed response from PR guys (that are not actual game developers, in a sense that they're not programmers or artists), not to mention that they rarely post here.

Is it unreasonable to ask for a toggle to mitigate lag?

You're reading too far into it, with messaging in this case I was only referring to the sounds and hit blips.  I'm not making any comment on lag with it.

Community guys comment on all sorts of threads.  I only comment on questions where I feel confident I can give you guys very accurate information.  I'll point it out to them, but I can't promise anything on it.

sintax201 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
You said "messaging", which could also mean sending/receiving the right amount of UDP packets in a timely manner.

Also, you are a Naughty Dog Developer. I don't think that I'll get a more informed response from PR guys (that are not actual game developers, in a sense that they're not programmers or artists), not to mention that they rarely post here.

Is it unreasonable to ask for a toggle to mitigate lag?

You're reading too far into it, with messaging in this case I was only referring to the sounds and hit blips.  I'm not making any comment on lag with it.

Community guys comment on all sorts of threads.  I only comment on questions where I feel confident I can give you guys very accurate information.  I'll point it out to them, but I can't promise anything on it.

We appreciate devs taking the time to comment.  Now, how about that patch release date and when the first DLC is dropping LOL

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 71 of 134 (615 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Aug 4, 2013

Burst Rifle Master Race.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 72 of 134 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Apr 14, 2014

For those of you who dont believe me that the Burst Rifle is faster at killing than the SAR in the topic called ... Why dont you use the SAR? ... then read post 14 in this thread by a naughty dog dev which he states that the Burst Rifle has the fastest potential time to down a player outside of the one shot down weapons and the assault rifle. Which means its faster than the SAR. That with White Boys video showing the potential of the Burst Rifle in the topic called ... Why dont you use the SAR? ... just goes to show that the Burst Rifle is better at killing than the SAR. Dont blame the Burst Rifle for needing skill to use. The potential of the Burst Rifle is there but its up to you whether you use it or not but just because most people are lazy and think the SAR is best because it takes little skill to use are people who think taking the easy way out = best way.

Message 73 of 134 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

For those of you who dont believe me that the Burst Rifle is faster at killing than the SAR in the topic called ... Why dont you use the SAR? ... then read post 14 in this thread by a naughty dog dev which he states that the Burst Rifle has the fastest potential time to down a player outside of the one shot down weapons and the assault rifle. Which means its faster than the SAR. That with White Boys video showing the potential of the Burst Rifle in the topic called ... Why dont you use the SAR? ... just goes to show that the Burst Rifle is better at killing than the SAR. Dont blame the Burst Rifle for needing skill to use. The potential of the Burst Rifle is there but its up to you whether you use it or not but just because most people are lazy and think the SAR is best because it takes little skill to use are people who think taking the easy way out = best way.

He also says "using it to do that can be pretty difficult in a live environment though."  So taking into account the unlikely chance that you get a full BR clip into the head, i'd say it balances out with the SAR, considering there's a higher chance of getting a few headshots with the SAR.   I don't use the BR though so i suppose i can't really comment.  But i'd imagine sharpshooter3 would benefit the BR more than the SAR, considering the headshot chance factor.

--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 74 of 134 (381 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2014

nyk you dont need a full clip to down a player with the Burst Rifle. You only need two bullets of the three to down a player. Ive got to the stage where Im regularly downing SAR users and sometimes getting straight executions from three bullets (one burst) hitting the enemy in the head. The Burst Rifle basically pwns. The funny thing is the majority dont realise that the Burst Rifle is better than the SAR due to their impatience in mastering it so its easier to use the SAR. Most individuals haven't even worked out that SS3 is one of the best perks due to them needing to work hard at headshots for SS3 to be worth it. Alot of people like to do stuff that causes the least amount of effort which is why the SAR is popular. Some people automatically presume that most popular = best weapon. I dont agree with that in this case.

Message 75 of 134 (347 Views)
Survivor
2121 posts

Apr 14, 2014
ACP is back? Smiley Surprised Girl, where you been? Smiley Tongue
Message 76 of 134 (334 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

Apr 14, 2014

I prefer the SAR over the Burst Rigle for medium to long distance shots, I feel the BR is a CQC weapon, much like the shorty and shotgun.  I tried using it for medium to long distance shots and failed miserably, never had SS3 in a loadout of the SAR or BR, thought it only applied to the HR or MS.  

Message 77 of 134 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11601 posts

Apr 14, 2014
At the end of the day, the Hunting Rifle wins all.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 78 of 134 (310 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

Apr 14, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
At the end of the day, the Hunting Rifle wins all.

If it only had the same reload time as the MS, both of which are bolt action yet the MS acts like a semi-auto.  Getting in a 2nd shot quickly is imparitive with the HR on an opponent with 100% health.

Message 79 of 134 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

Das theres nothing wrong with prefering one gun over the other due to your lack of skill with the Burst Rifle. What many do is blame the weapon instead of admitting its because they are not skilled enough with said weapon. I suck with the HR, does that mean the HR sucks? nope its because I suck. You are not good at long range with the Burst Rifle whereas others are. Aslong as you are not lying to yourself then you are on the right track. Hey morgy I been on da gamefaqs forums. Im a traitor lol.

Message 80 of 134 (297 Views)
0 Likes