Sackboy
374 posts

Re: Burst Rifle vs Semi Auto Rifle *UPDATED*

Apr 14, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Das theres nothing wrong with prefering one gun over the other due to your lack of skill with the Burst Rifle. What many do is blame the weapon instead of admitting its because they are not skilled enough with said weapon. I suck with the HR, does that mean the HR sucks? nope its because I suck. You are not good at long range with the Burst Rifle whereas others are. Aslong as you are not lying to yourself then you are on the right track. Hey morgy I been on da gamefaqs forums. Im a traitor lol.

I tried the BR at med to long range, attempted to hit a target standing on the catwalk (Dam map) from perspective of the tool box in the water.  Was not successful at all, tried it the next round with the SAR, hit the same opponent who was attempting to snipe each time.  

I never tried SS3 so I am intrigued and will have to try it.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 135 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

See this is the problem das. People try something once then think they know the weapon. Quite often people who haven't got much experience with the Burst Rifle will comment when they aren't experienced enough. Trying it once dosent mean anything. You cant expect to pick up the Burst Rifle and suddenly know everything about it and instantly be pro with it. People who hardly have bothered with the Burst Rifle why are you posting? Btw das what upgrades did you have on the Burst Rifle when you were using it for medium to long range?

(Q) Whats the difference between a hacker and a booster? (A) They both use different unlegit methods to achieve the same goal.
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 135 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 135 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Burst Rifle is really strong with Sharp Shooter 3. Unfortunately you have to sacrifice some really useful skills/perks. Sometimes those skills outweigh having SS3 and sometimes they don't. It's situational. I don't think a team full of SS3/BR players can regularly beat a team of similar skill with diverse loadouts.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 135 (167 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1042 posts

Apr 15, 2014

Its a little iffy at long range but a mid-close range weapon should be. I switch to the burst on the close range maps. Run the exact same loadout as I do with my sniper and it works great. If i face a team of SARhards I always switch to the burst and 9mm with sharpshooter. Those headshots filling that life up all day. ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 135 (149 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Apr 15, 2014

Tim if you alone are getting several SAR users then think what a whole team of skilled Burst Rifle users could do. A team of skilled SAR users vs a team of skilled Burst Rifle users = a very interesting game that I would bet that the team of Burst Rifle users will win.

(Q) Whats the difference between a hacker and a booster? (A) They both use different unlegit methods to achieve the same goal.
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 135 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 15, 2014
Hey guys. Make it happen, record it and upload it on youtube!
The best sar users on this forum vs the best bf's. Play it in supply, survivor and interrogation. That should be nice!
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 135 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1972 posts

Apr 15, 2014

BR_Empresario wrote:
The best sar users on this forum vs the best bf's. Play it in supply, survivor and interrogation. That should be nice!

And make sure that everyone has 5 bars... otherwise it will be pointless. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 135 (115 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1143 posts

Apr 15, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

BR_Empresario wrote:

And make sure that everyone has 5 bars... otherwise it will be pointless. :smileywink:

A team full of SARs vs a team full of BRs, BRs will lose.

You're basically putting a team that is only versatile at closer ranges against a team that is overly versatile at everything. The other team would need more variety to take on full SARhard teams, like 2 hunting rifles.

Usually I'd put my Loadout, but I feel this is more important. A friend of a friend ingame told me the burst rifle should be a purchasable. That's all you need to know.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 135 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 15, 2014
I don't think it will proof anything, but it would be fun.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 135 (98 Views)