Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: Burst rifle gameplay 16-13-1, gun is weak?

Jul 26, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Can you go 15-0 with the TAU too? Yeah, I'd like to see that happen. Even though player skill is a factor, it still stands that a weak weapon is weak, even in the hands of the strongest player.

I've never tried, but what if I do? Does that prove anything about the gun itself? No, only that a large amount of player skill was brought into the equation to offset the weapon's intrinsic attributes.

Player skill has no place in a discussion of weapon balance.

Message 11 of 27 (342 Views)
Fender Bender
3082 posts

Jul 26, 2013

swiftavenger212 wrote:

Before I posted this video, I felt Burst rifle is one of the strongest guns in the game (atleast for me) along with the semi auto, and on other forums I read that people dont like using it? or its not as good as semi auto? or its a support gun?

In my opinion this is one of the most balanced guns in the gun as its deadly from close range, but it gets worse and unlike semi auto you cant really shoot someone from far away.

Anyways check out this video, if you like it then sub or leave feedback if you can!

Think of it this way, if it was 4 swift avengers with a semi-auto and 4 swift avengers with the burst rifle, the semi-auto team of yourself would win.  100 percent guaranteed.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 12 of 27 (326 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jul 26, 2013

That round was a total blow out, your score doesn't prove anything. Play against some good players and post back here. 

Message 13 of 27 (309 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I never said Burst rifle is stronger. Burst rifle is a good balanced gun in this game. Semi auto is just beastly. I still prefer burst rifle over the semi auto in close range combat.

As for beating on noobs, I have tons of gameplay beasting with burst rifle. I even have gameplay from a community match which if you want i can upload.

Semi Auto > everything, but burst isnt as weak as people make it out to be.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 14 of 27 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Jul 26, 2013

swiftavenger212 wrote:

I never said Burst rifle is stronger. Burst rifle is a good balanced gun in this game. Semi auto is just beastly. I still prefer burst rifle over the semi auto in close range combat.

As for beating on noobs, I have tons of gameplay beasting with burst rifle. I even have gameplay from a community match which if you want i can upload.

Semi Auto > everything, but burst isnt as weak as people make it out to be.

I'll put it simply. 

Lets start the equation off simply. Were in a game of 4v4 where all the players in the match are equally skilled. Now we'll branch off from here into different variables.

1. Range: At close range the busrt rifle is in fact very lethal, but the semi is also incredibly lethal as well. Now lets move to mid range, the busrt isn't bad at mid range but the semi will outperform the semi in this exchange. Now lets talk about long range, there is no question the semi outperforms the burst rifle in this department. Winner in terms of range the semi automatic.

2. Killing speed: At close range the burst rifle can easily insta kill, but the semi certainly isn't a slacker here either. Now when we get to mid to long range the semi will always kill faster than the busr rifle. So once again no questions here, the semi is the best.

3. Ease of use: At close range once again the burst rifle shines, but once we start getting farther the bust rifle because less and less likely to pick someone off where as the semi can. Not only that be the recoil and precision the semi offers is without question the deciding factor here.

So to save you the trouble, the semi automatic is easier to use(low recoil, very accurate at any range), more useful in almost every situation(it has no real range where it isn't effective) and can drop people consistently at every range where as the burst rifle really only has a change against a semi at close range.

There is your answer.

Message 15 of 27 (264 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Umm thanks for telling me something that I already knew?
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 16 of 27 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6971 posts

Jul 26, 2013

How did this become a semi is OP thread lol?

I thought the point of this was to show that the burst isn't uselessly weak garbage, which a lot of people say it is.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 17 of 27 (241 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I have no idea, apparently me saying the gun isnt weak makes few people believe that I said its stronger than semi auto lol.
Message 18 of 27 (235 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 26, 2013

This is what I say to the "what happens when go against ppl with Semis?" Simple answer.

You make them come to you at close range.

Yes the semi beats the burst in every range, EXCEPT close. The Semi is good at close, but the burst is much better. So you stay in areas that force the enemy to close range fights. Basically you kinda stall the game and make the enemy come to you.

Some people will say that is cheap, but its being smart and knowing what you have and how to use it, and what the enemy has and how to counter it. 

Im not saying camp in one building and dont move (tho that can work sometimes, but normally that will just lead to you not having any equipment and then jsut get bombarded with molotovs/nail bombs/2x4s/smokes, etc), but move slowly and only to certain areas and kinda just go back and forth. 

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 19 of 27 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Jul 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

How did this become a semi is OP thread lol?

I thought the point of this was to show that the burst isn't uselessly weak garbage, which a lot of people say it is.

It's not completely useless, it is effecetive at close range but that's legit the only range it's practical in. The semi is also incredibly practical at close range as well, if the burst rifle was so good at close range dominance why is it at high level play everyone is still running semi automatics at on maps like High School, Checkpoint, Bill's Town?

Message 20 of 27 (199 Views)