Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Naughty Paw
5850 posts

Re: Burst rifle gameplay 16-13-1, gun is weak?

Jul 26, 2013

GMRcris wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

How did this become a semi is OP thread lol?

I thought the point of this was to show that the burst isn't uselessly weak garbage, which a lot of people say it is.

It's not completely useless, it is effecetive at close range but that's legit the only range it's practical in. The semi is also incredibly practical at close range as well, if the burst rifle was so good at close range dominance why is it at high level play everyone is still running semi automatics at on maps like High School, Checkpoint, Bill's Town?

I don't know, nor do i wish to discuss it here. Since this thread isn't about it, a lot of people just say that the burst is the weakest gun in the game; mainly due to the damage bug it has against armour and such; I assume this thread was to show that it isn't which I agree with since I use it every now and then, I admit not my main weapon but still very useful.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I always go to use burst rifle but end up switching back to semi auto or bow after a few deaths purely because everyone rocks the semi auto and destroys you at most ranges lol. After I switch then I go back to being good
Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (175 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Jul 26, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

This is what I say to the "what happens when go against ppl with Semis?" Simple answer.

You make them come to you at close range.

Yes the semi beats the burst in every range, EXCEPT close. The Semi is good at close, but the burst is much better. So you stay in areas that force the enemy to close range fights. Basically you kinda stall the game and make the enemy come to you.

Some people will say that is cheap, but its being smart and knowing what you have and how to use it, and what the enemy has and how to counter it. 

Im not saying camp in one building and dont move (tho that can work sometimes, but normally that will just lead to you not having any equipment and then jsut get bombarded with molotovs/nail bombs/2x4s/smokes, etc), but move slowly and only to certain areas and kinda just go back and forth. 

Why go through all that effort when you can just use the SAR or bow and do far better? Even in its "ideal" range, the BR suffers head-to-head against the aforementioned weapons due to its dependency on headshots and not missing at all.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
463 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Also you forgot to mention the damage wobble SAR causes. I mean if its 1v1 against SAR vs BR, SAR shot can cause the reticle of BR user to go flying. Its ridiculous.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Aside from the debates going on nice gameplay. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
463 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

So ran into a team of four, and my friend n I used the burst rifle. We also had two randoms that were not good at all. Anyways we managed to carry the team and we won. They actually won the first game against us because our randoms did even worse than what they did this game and I was using a different set.

Anyways hope you guys enjoy

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5850 posts

Jul 28, 2013

swiftavenger212 wrote:

So ran into a team of four, and my friend n I used the burst rifle. We also had two randoms that were not good at all. Anyways we managed to carry the team and we won. They actually won the first game against us because our randoms did even worse than what they did this game and I was using a different set.

Anyways hope you guys enjoy

Those other 2 obviously followed your guide on how to play as a random.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (91 Views)
0 Likes