Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 26 2013
By: calcunnon Treasure Hunter 5307 posts
Accepted Solution

Button priority for Revive and Bandage, please!

41 replies 707 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

Hello.

Too many times I have tried to revive a teammate, only to execute a nearby enemy instead. Cursed triangle button!

Too many times I have tried to bandage a teammate, only to hop over a nearby wall instead. Cursed X button!

Could these team-helping actions have priority over everything else, please?

Message 1 of 42 (707 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5990 posts

Re: Button priority for Revive and Bandage, please!

Jun 26, 2013

Can't they just like move away? I mean most of the time, the downed enemy crawls away while my teammate crawls up to my feet, and if it does come down to it, you can just like...shoot the enemy if hes in the way.

photo Sniper.png
Message 2 of 42 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Can't they just like move away? I mean most of the time, the downed enemy crawls away while my teammate crawls up to my feet, and if it does come down to it, you can just like...shoot the enemy if hes in the way.

Yeah, but sometimes you're in a panic because you know there's a nearby enemy and you need to get your teammate revived as fast as you can. You need to just get the job done instead of fiddling around with positioning.

Message 3 of 42 (695 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Jun 26, 2013
There are plenty of times I've seen the triangle button over a downed teammate, and though I would press and hold triangle, I would do nothing (not even execute an enemy) as my teammate continued to bleed out.

Whatever it is, the triangle button simply needs to work better for reviving teammates, period.
Message 4 of 42 (687 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1280 posts

Jun 26, 2013
The X button happens because you are moving the directional stick.

But kudos on the revive teammate priority over executions
Message 5 of 42 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 26, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Yeah, but sometimes you're in a panic because you know there's a nearby enemy and you need to get your teammate revived as fast as you can. You need to just get the job done instead of fiddling around with positioning.

Less haste, more speed.

Make sure you do it right first time, and you won't waste time by letting another action get in the way and slow you down.

When reviving a teammate with an enemy beside them, I always make sure I'm pressed against my teammate, and pay more attention to aiming away from the enemy than towards the teammate. If the downed enemy is by my teammate's right side, I'll aim for his left side to be cleanly aiming away from the possible execution target.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 6 of 42 (671 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jun 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I've had it happen so many times where I down an enemy who's right next to a teammate and trying to finish them.  When you run in to try to revive your teammate, you end up pissing away your time executing the doomed enemy while your teammate bleeds out.  I've also had it happen where I'd run in to try to revive an enemy who'd almost bleed out, but instead ended up picking up junk off the ground while they died.

Message 7 of 42 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Don't see why revive cant be moved to X instead of triangle. It's a real annoyance that revive and execute are the same.
Message 8 of 42 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 26, 2013

obliviondoll wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Less haste, more speed.

Make sure you do it right first time, and you won't waste time by letting another action get in the way and slow you down.

When reviving a teammate with an enemy beside them, I always make sure I'm pressed against my teammate, and pay more attention to aiming away from the enemy than towards the teammate. If the downed enemy is by my teammate's right side, I'll aim for his left side to be cleanly aiming away from the possible execution target.

Yeah that's good advice, but like I said, sometimes you're stuck in a tight spot (sometimes physically, sometimes metaphorically) and you just need to get the revive in. It's certainly one of the most important aspects of the multiplayer (reviving and healing, that is) so perhaps the button priorities should reflect that.

Message 9 of 42 (640 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Jun 26, 2013

LMFAO!

Message 10 of 42 (617 Views)
0 Likes