Aug 26 2013
By: TaiGir First Son 12 posts

Can we change shiv to X?

17 replies 304 views Edited Aug 26, 2013

Shiving is my favorite thing to do. But, in all honesty, the triangle button is a terrible choice for it. I've died from failed shivs for pretty much every dumb reason I can think of; from reviving a team mate to openning a supply box or special executing, the triangle is too busy a button. 

Instead of triangle, why not cross? Cross is only used for.. what? Crafting and jumping? (In all honesty, who jumps? I've only seen people jump in two spots--to get onto the broken off wall in university, and to get on top of the trailer in lakeside.)

Anyone with me on this?

Message 1 of 18 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11442 posts

Re: Can we change shiv to X?

Aug 26, 2013

TaiGir wrote:

Shiving is my favorite thing to do. But, in all honesty, the triangle button is a terrible choice for it. I've died from failed shivs for pretty much every dumb reason I can think of; from reviving a team mate to openning a supply box or special executing, the triangle is too busy a button. 

Instead of triangle, why not cross? Cross is only used for.. what? Crafting and jumping? (In all honesty, who jumps? I've only seen people jump in two spots--to get onto the broken off wall in university, and to get on top of the trailer in lakeside.)

Anyone with me on this?

Technical Issues(TM)

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 18 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Eh you get used to it. Helps if you don't let your screen look down any while going for the shiv
Message 3 of 18 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Aug 26, 2013

TaiGir wrote:

Anyone with me on this?

X is also used to heal teammates. But I agree with your idea, it would solve a lot of problems.

Message 4 of 18 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
464 posts

Aug 26, 2013
I agree.

Also move special execution to R3...Seriosuly i dont think i have every used that button in this game....
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 5 of 18 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Aug 26, 2013
They also need to fix shiv on stairs

I smoke bombed two guys, one on status on dam, one on lakeside, and came down the stairs to shiv, and the game would not give me the shiv option.

Just like high fives in uncharted

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 6 of 18 (248 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Button mapping would be sweet.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 7 of 18 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

TaiGir wrote:

Anyone with me on this?

I need this.

swiftavenger212 wrote:
I agree.

Also move special execution to R3...Seriosuly i dont think i have every used that button in this game....

I need this!

scootgar wrote:
They also need to fix shiv on stairs

I smoke bombed two guys, one on status on dam, one on lakeside, and came down the stairs to shiv, and the game would not give me the shiv option.

Just like high fives in uncharted
Oh God I need this!!!
tlousig2
Message 8 of 18 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 26, 2013

swiftavenger212 wrote:
I agree.

Isn't that the marking button?

GRAB
Message 9 of 18 (217 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Tacco_Ray wrote:

swiftavenger212 wrote:
I agree.

Isn't that the marking button?

Only when aiming, it has no use otherwise.

tlousig2
Message 10 of 18 (208 Views)
0 Likes