Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 02 2013
By: YaDig07 Lombax Warrior 98 posts

Can we please stop this "stealth" nonsense??

27 replies 632 views Edited Sep 2, 2013
So I requested a few new game modes and one of the devs replied that the modes wouldn't work. He stated that they had an internal test (which I highly doubt) and the game modes made the game more frantic rather than stealth based. This is hilarious being that this mp is far from stealth based. Wanna know a clear indicator? Think about the shiv. Think about how you aquired 95% of your shiv kills and how a high majority of opponents have shived you. Did it involve sneaking around and silently backstabbing your opponent? Of course not. It was a confrontation (possibly a halted shoot-out) that involved one opponent slinging a smoke bomb at his alerted opposition, causing him to choke and stabbing him in his front. Does that sound like stealth to you? If so, look up the definition then get back to me.

Most kills come from face to face shootouts or molotovs/2x4s from opponents well aware of each other.

This isn't the old Splinter Cell Spy vs. Mercs. This is an action shooter. So devs, can we please cut the nonsense and get KoTH & Domination game modes? Thx.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Can we please stop this "stealth" nonsense??

Sep 2, 2013

I get most of my shiv kills from sneaking up behind people. I guess you just suck at stealth.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (582 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Sep 2, 2013

you have too many complains for the game man. I can tell how hard you suck at this game. How many rant threads have you made already. **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (569 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Sep 2, 2013
He has a point though. The game is basically a molotov/bomb fest. I'm crap at stealth anyway so I just go for gunfights.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 2, 2013

YaDig07 wrote:
So I requested a few new game modes and one of the devs replied that the modes wouldn't work. He stated that they had an internal test (which I highly doubt) and the game modes made the game more frantic rather than stealth based. This is hilarious being that this mp is far from stealth based. Wanna know a clear indicator? Think about the shiv. Think about how you aquired 95% of your shiv kills and how a high majority of opponents have shived you. Did it involve sneaking around and silently backstabbing your opponent? Of course not. It was a confrontation (possibly a halted shoot-out) that involved one opponent slinging a smoke bomb at his alerted opposition, causing him to choke and stabbing him in his front. Does that sound like stealth to you? If so, look up the definition then get back to me.

Most kills come from face to face shootouts or molotovs/2x4s from opponents well aware of each other.

This isn't the old Splinter Cell Spy vs. Mercs. This is an action shooter. So devs, can we please cut the nonsense and get KoTH & Domination game modes? Thx.

most of my shiv kills are actually from behind, although I do think there should be a bigger reward for making them from behind...

anway, king of the hill and domination should never be in this game, it doesn't fit in the last of us...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (549 Views)
Fender Bender
3561 posts

Sep 2, 2013
Stealth nonsense? LMAO @ the OP

This guy wants call of duty that looks like the last of us.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9952 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Hey moron, this is TLOU. It's a STEALTH game. Just because YOU can't sneak your loud arse around a deaf person, doesn't mean the game isn't stealth-based.

You want an action game? There's Uncharted 3. That's ALSO a Naughty Dog game. It's an action game. You can happily jump and run around while not aiming the M9 RoF while pulling an RPG out of nowhere.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Sep 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Hey moron, this is TLOU. It's a STEALTH game. Just because YOU can't sneak your loud arse around a deaf person, doesn't mean the game isn't stealth-based.

You want an action game? There's Uncharted 3. That's ALSO a Naughty Dog game. It's an action game. You can happily jump and run around while not aiming the M9 RoF while pulling an RPG out of nowhere.

I think he's more talking about the fact that hardly anyone plays stealthily in this game. That is if you don't count flankingas being stealthy which I don't because that's just a general tactic that can be used for any game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (525 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

OP trying to change this game into something it's not. You play game not the game play you, changing it to NO stealth by adding those 2 modes you suggested won't make a sucky player suddenly don't suck. :smileywink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Sep 2, 2013
Don't care about modes but gotta agree with the lack of stealth. Players do the same routines over and over. Amazing how I can sit off barely hid and have enemies run out in front of me. The predictability is ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (483 Views)
0 Likes