Keyblade Wielder
7277 posts

Re: Can we please stop this "stealth" nonsense??

Sep 2, 2013

git gud at stealth and stop crying.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 11 of 28 (452 Views)
Lombax Warrior
75 posts

Sep 2, 2013
Most of my shiv kills are from behind. You are the one who probably runs everywhere guns blazing. How about you give stealth a chance and actually try it. It's a lot more rewarding.
Message 12 of 28 (449 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Sep 2, 2013

YaDig07 wrote:
So I requested a few new game modes and one of the devs replied that the modes wouldn't work. He stated that they had an internal test (which I highly doubt) and the game modes made the game more frantic rather than stealth based. This is hilarious being that this mp is far from stealth based. Wanna know a clear indicator? Think about the shiv. Think about how you aquired 95% of your shiv kills and how a high majority of opponents have shived you. Did it involve sneaking around and silently backstabbing your opponent? Of course not. It was a confrontation (possibly a halted shoot-out) that involved one opponent slinging a smoke bomb at his alerted opposition, causing him to choke and stabbing him in his front. Does that sound like stealth to you? If so, look up the definition then get back to me.

Most kills come from face to face shootouts or molotovs/2x4s from opponents well aware of each other.

This isn't the old Splinter Cell Spy vs. Mercs. This is an action shooter. So devs, can we please cut the nonsense and get KoTH & Domination game modes? Thx.

I can assure you that we tried many different game modes internally and standard modes that work in other games do not work in TLOU. A game mode where you are spawning and sprinting to an area completely ignores stealth, collecting supplies and crafting, which are pillars in our game. Now, a mode that is a twist on KoTH or Domination that isn't frantic and players can utilize stealth and crafting would fit! 

Message 13 of 28 (444 Views)
Wastelander
639 posts

Sep 2, 2013

The game at launch was originally a stealthy approach, people didn't know what to expect and how to play so was more inclined to stick together and do alot of crouch walking. 

BUT NOW

People have found a way to exploit the games mechanics, Crafter 3 with the gifting of Molotovs, Insta Kill sticks of doom, the Semi Auto (yes that old chestnut), Body Armour, Matchmkaing being changed to skill based rather than location based, Explosion Expert 2....... You can still play stealthy, but the game has lost this play style at its core. 

Take VironZZ for example, he numerous times just runs right up to you with a Hunting Rifle and headshots you instantly, he doesn't crouch barely uses listen mode and sprints almost everywhere. Thats with the HUNTING RIFLE!! A Semi Auto user can do just as much destruction with the same tactic 

People have found ways of mixing weapons and 'perks' to make it easy to just go gun hoe, but then again with the connection qualities these days its more about whos lagging, than actual skill. 

Splinter Cell Blacklist MP seems more heavily stealth orientated and the system mechanics don't really seem to flip the game in the other direction.

Message 14 of 28 (440 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Sep 2, 2013

YaDig07 wrote:
This is an action shooter. 

Are you sure you even played the game? Cause this isn't an action shooter.

You want stealth? Try using Covert Training Level 2. You would be suprised how many people rely on listen mode.

photo c3a7dc9b-c276-47cd-8091-3c765dad38a1_zps9a60337e.jpg
Message 15 of 28 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Sep 2, 2013
Not every game is stealth filled. Sure.

That doesn't mean the game doesn't reward stealthy play.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 16 of 28 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

I don't feel like the MP is stealth based.  At least not anymore.  It was for a while after the game came out and people were told it was stealth based so they played that way.  What it does still do is punish more than other MP shooters for mistakes like leaving yourself exposed a second too long, playing in that environment might feel like stealth. 

Some of the most powerful weapons in the game (molotov, shotgun, and nailboard) are anti stealth.  If there's flanking, it's usually successful only because the team being flanked is crouch walking the entire way so they can be outmaneuvered very early.  It's not usually because someone crouch walked through the map and waited like a spider in a place to flank from which would be stealthy nor is it because one team is able to suppress while an element maneuvers which would be tactics (not enough ammo really to pull it off).  And even when that maneuvering does manage to happen, I wouldn't call it stealth, once again, tactics.  I'm not afraid of the hunting rifle unless I see someone using it at pistol ranges, the stealthy snipers taking the long shots are at most a nuisance.  Nearly every shiv kill against me is either in smoke or because someone closes for melee then does a rad dance move that gets them a triangle for a second after getting just past me.  A majority of the stealthy shiv kills from behind are because someone spawned either on top of me, or in the same place a few seconds after I did and have moved forward.  Typically rushers, with loadouts to match, stomp when they do it together against the stealthy team. 

When checkpoint comes up for the vote vs. every other map I would be very wealthy if there was a way to bet on what map will be voted for.  Because it's checkpoint nearly every time.  That's a clear indicator of how a lot of people really want to play.  If anything, it's a game based on having to consider your movements, conserve ammo and craft/earn your resources as you go, not necessarily stealth.  Every stealth tactic can be undone with a molotov or simple nailboard.  Just my observations and I only play randoms, so my view is probably skewed.  I tried the interrogation mode, and it just doesn't work well with the randoms and I wonder if four players is really enough to do it well. 

I'm not sure what modes would work if stealth really is being aimed for. Maybe a "the team that gets marked least wins" (sarcastic).  I'm not imaginative enough to really think up new MP modes.  Domination (maybe this would actually be considered king of the hill) would work if it was a single point or building.   Team that takes it has to keep it and starts spawning there and maybe has to sneak out to get supplies to help them keep it, other team starts spawning further out and has to "stealth" up to attack the point to take it.  Maybe placing infected in the map that are attracted to the not-stealthy team.  What I would suggest is mixing the modes with the maps in the voting system to avoid splitting the player pool more.

Message 17 of 28 (405 Views)
Wastelander
494 posts

Sep 2, 2013
I understand this game was *meant to be stealthy, and I play that way a lot, but it is also *very possible to play "frantic". Like VironZz, I also like to run around and quickscope. It works for me.
I *don't understand why we can't keep the stealthier game modes AND add a frantic KotH type game. I think giving us the choice would be phenomenal.
Like stealth? Play stealth.
Wanna get a lil more hectic? KotH.
You still get to choose what/how you wanna play.
I like ya ND, but I have a feeling it *would work.
Message 18 of 28 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Being stealthy got thrown out the window probably 2 weeks after launch. As things stand, TLoU MP is more of a tactical squad shooter then anything.

Interrogation Mode would be awesome with just 2 more people in the game. It really feels awkward defending and attacking an objective with only 4 players per side

Message 19 of 28 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 2, 2013
So, again… Uncharted 3. You can quickscope the T-Bolt which is 1HK, you can play KoTH on TO and you're discouraged to be stealthy because you'd get ambushed by a blindfirer.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 20 of 28 (345 Views)
0 Likes