Mar 28 2014
By: newuxtreme Sackboy 387 posts

Changes to Crafter, Covert, FAT3 etc

[ Edited ]
13 replies 368 views Edited Mar 28, 2014

Been playing the game forever and wanted to know what people thought about these changes.

None of the changes below I believe are game breaking, at least I can't see them to be.

Crafter 1 - How about 1 point instead of 2? It's just a time saver doesn't add anything per se.

Crafter 3 - Don't know why they changed it to 6 points, it's only a little bit inconvenient at 6 instead of 5 that is all, doesn't save people from mollies or bombs and such.

Covert 3 - The most used and strongest booster amongst all, and for some reason it's only 5 points instead of 6 which it should be. If this was 6 people would bother with taking Strategist 1, which no one does right now at least.

Covert 1 - 2 points for half a shiv? 1 seems more worthy.

FAT3 - The only difference b/w 2&3 levels is the speed and it's worth 2 points? I don't see why. Reviver 3 is 4 points, only 1 above previous level and gives both speed AND points.

Thoughts on if any of these would possibly 'break' the game?

EDIT : Also why nerf Collector? If you have stats on this game I think you might find Collector 1 & 2 to be the least used boosters in game.

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Message 1 of 14 (368 Views)
Fender Bender
3397 posts

Re: Changes to Crafter, Covert, FAT3 etc

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah unless they're playing a mean support class, they won't be on top of the list with crafter none the without collector. I can agree FAT gives alot of points as is, so that shouldn't have Collector, but not crafter, it isn't that great on it's own.
Message 2 of 14 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Mar 28, 2014

lol covert 3 the strongest booster, good one.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 3 of 14 (326 Views)
Naughty Paw
20309 posts

Mar 28, 2014
The change to Crafter was fine.

Covert 3 should be 6, that I agree with.

FAT 3 is fine in my opinion. You get more points with 2 anyway despite going slower and getting less points per heal.

Collector should never have been nerfed since it's a fair payoff to get a lot of parts with few survival skills used. They took it away and made it useless, whereas it could be super helpful if you played a certain way.
Message 4 of 14 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Mar 28, 2014
Yea I don't think FAT 2 gives you more. If anything I think they give the same amount of points, FAT3 is just faster.
Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 14 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Mar 28, 2014
lol covert 3 most powerful booster !!? I don't use it but5 is fine. Covert 1, 1 loadout point idk maybe. Crafter 2 is fine though in a close game crafting quick can be very helpful.

Also you dont get more parts for fat2 and even with the glitch you use, real medics use fat3 which is much faster.
Message 6 of 14 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2014
Covert 1 as 1 point wouldnt matter because no one uses covert for only a free shiv. I say dont change it, leave it as is.
The speed difference of FAT is MUCH greater than you think. Less time getting healed = more time to get a vantage point on the enemy. If someone has FAT2 and i have orange health, i'll just heal myself instead, especially if its a random. They seem to be unable to heal me as im walking.....
Smart people use covert 2 and strat 1 instead of covert 3. Why? Well if you get caught stealthing by a camping sniper, first thing he'll do is mark you. Now you know you're marked you could run back because stealth failed. Otherwise, you wouldnt be marked you'll think you are stealthing okay and no one knows you're there. But in reality, someone is waiting for you to pop out.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 7 of 14 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Mar 28, 2014

no_nerfs.png

Do NOT nerf Covert Training 3. Nerfing Crafter 3 was nonsensical enough already.

We don't want ND to get nerf happy a la UC3. Slippery slope and all that jazz.

Message 8 of 14 (235 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Mar 28, 2014
FAT3 gives you more parts in a way. You get 40 parts per heal and it heals one bar i believe or like 25% health. Let's say someone is at 70% health, you heal once and he's at 95%, you get 40 parts. Then you can heal the remaining 5% for another 40parts. Is you used FAT2, you'd only get 40 parts total.
Message 9 of 14 (233 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Mar 28, 2014

I only agree with Crafter 1, it should be only worth 1 point AND to have Collector fixed to how it was originally.

Tired of updates we don't ask for

Message 10 of 14 (154 Views)
0 Likes