Highlighted
Jun 19 2013
By: YoungFamily First Son 11 posts

Compass to help give direction?

17 replies 224 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

I was wondering if you think the Multiplayer will ever get a compass so that we can reference it when communicating with teammates about where the enemies are coming from? So many times I spot the enemy approaching me and my teammates but I am not sure how to describe what direction they are coming from in a few words when we are all pointed in different directions. Because this game is played at a slower pace and more tactical I think it would help a lot ot have a compass. What do you guys think? 

Message 1 of 18 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Re: Compass to help give direction?

Jun 19, 2013
I normally call out locations/landmarks instead of directions or in relation to were the whole team such as there on the opposite side of the map etc.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 2 of 18 (216 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I was having this dicussion today with a random in game. I would love the additon of a compass to the mini map. Not something I think would be out of the question of unavailable in that type of environment. Actually I have several myself just in case I were to ever get lost, I think that would be a common item to have in this type of settting.

So I would love to see the additon of a compass to the minimap with a N E W S type of dictation.

Message 3 of 18 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Signed

Kudo'd.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 4 of 18 (176 Views)
Wastelander
824 posts

Aug 7, 2013

This would be much more effective than than trying to describe to your team where your opponents are or where you are headed.  Most do not appear to know the names of buildings and locations.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 18 (153 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Mylo_Cordana wrote:

This would be much more effective than than trying to describe to your team where your opponents are or where you are headed.  Most do not appear to know the names of buildings and locations.

I concur, what you and your friends may call a area on the map may differ from what my friends and I do.

Using a compass gets to the point, needle point excuse the pun.

Many of us don't always play in full parties with friends and calling out a location on the map to a random player wont be as dead on as a compass bearing.

OP does have a really good idea here amongst all the B.S that this forum gets filled with.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 6 of 18 (147 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Aug 8, 2013

YoungFamily wrote:

I was wondering if you think the Multiplayer will ever get a compass so that we can reference it when communicating with teammates about where the enemies are coming from? So many times I spot the enemy approaching me and my teammates but I am not sure how to describe what direction they are coming from in a few words when we are all pointed in different directions. Because this game is played at a slower pace and more tactical I think it would help a lot ot have a compass. What do you guys think? 

Great idea, much better than, "The bow guy is, uh...in the brick box thing on the right side!....oh wait, its your left! no over more..nevermind, you're dead."

Message 7 of 18 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Nice to see that not all suggestions are dumb. I can see a ton of good and zero bad from this. It seems simple enough to add. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 8 of 18 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 8, 2013
Watch out! There's a guy near the car! The blue car! Wait! He went left! Your left- oh you're dead.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 18 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Aug 8, 2013

It'd be good. Nice idea. I'm currently using landmarks, or left and right (at the beginning of the match). I also say 'our base' and 'their base'. But this stuff is not very effective. Some landmarks are not very much standardized and some are hard to pronounce, for someone who doesn't have English as his first language Man Embarassed ... like 'snowmobile'.

Message 10 of 18 (122 Views)
0 Likes