May 31 2014
By: cdub420-- I Only Post Everything 866 posts

Cool Perks ND Should've Added

[ Edited ]
42 replies 371 views Edited May 31, 2014

Just thought I'd share a couple of perks a few freinds and I came up with. Personally, I thought any of these would've been better then Fortitude or GunSlinger....but I'll let you be the final judge there.

1. Thief - Basically this perk would allow a player to steal an item out of a player's backpack when performing a behind the back shiv.  It could have 3 levels with the 1st giving you a set amount of points from the other player, the 2nd level giving you individual crafting items from the person getting shivved, and the 3rd level allowing you to take a random item out of an enemy's backpack when they are being shivved from the back.

2. Poison or Barbed Arrows - Basically this is a perk that would be exclusive to bow users. The general idea here is that this perk would give arrows a bleed effect - effectively causing damage to enemies over a period of time. There could be 2 levels here with the first removing one life bar after being struck by an arrow, and level 2 taking away 2 life bars after being struck by an arrow. If a player bandages themselves to full health or is fully healed by a medic then the bleed/poison effect is canceled out.

3. Quarterback - This perk would essentially allow you to throw things a great deal farther then what is currently allowed. It could have two levels with the first allowing you to throw things 1 1/2 times as far as you normally can, and the second level allowing you to throw things 2x as far as you normally can.

4. Bomb Expert - I know this perk already exists, but I would love to see the ability to retrieve your placed nailed bombs added. I'm not sure why this was allowed in the single player and not in the MP...anyways it would be really cool if ND could patch this in somehow.

So what do you think?

Message 1 of 43 (371 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Cool Perks ND Should've Added

May 31, 2014

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind these being implemented into the game

Message 2 of 43 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

May 31, 2014
i love the thief idea! I think it would be a lik harsh to steal parts tho. Would be neat to steal materials and items.
Message 3 of 43 (355 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 31, 2014
Fireman.
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 4 of 43 (339 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2014

Includes this skill in your repertoire

Explosives Expert 3 (4 o 5 points) The enemy planted bombs do not explode if you crouch. Then  you can approach them and disarm them, getting 40 pieces.

Message 5 of 43 (335 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

Amusingly ironic how fans almost always have better ideas than the actual developers.

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2014

Expansion on the thief idea: 

- Thief level 1 allows players to randomly steal one item from their victim's backpacks.

- Thief level 2 allows players to search through their victims' backpacks and choose one item to take. 

- Thief level 3 allows players to take one time from their victims' backpacks, and set up a trap bomb (if owned) that triggers on  the holder's first opening of the pack. 

Explosion Expert level 3:

- Players are immune to the trigger of placed bombs.

The real Bomb Expert:

- Level 1: Players can pick up their own placed bombs.

- Level 2: Players can pick up any placed bomb. (Enemies included only if marked first)

- Level 3: Players can attach a bomb to an enemy's backpack while in incognito mode. (hasn't yet been seen)

Hawkeye level 3 (what it should've been):

- Level 3: Marking negates covert training 3.

Awareness level 3:

- Level 3: Allows players to hear (sharp ears) crouched covert training users.

Marathon Runner level 3:

- Level 3: Sprinting players using this do not appear on the radar.

Brawler level 3:

- Level 3: Can down modded stick users (no stick yourself) if engaged in melee first.

*New Perk - Sniper:

Level 1: Headshot victims cannot crawl.

Level 2: True snipers are hidden. The scope does not shine.

Level 3: If the victim is executed by a silent sniper, your location is not revealed. (Meaning they don't see the hint of your position after you've executed them, like you normally would.)

*New Perk - Ninja:

- Level 1: You are immune to your own smoke bomb.

- Level 2: You are immune to any smoke bombs.

- Level 3: You are unaffected by the three second shiv delay rule.

*New Perk - Mohican:

- Level 1: Players are allowed to use the bow corner trick shot.

- Level 2: Once shot, the victim's blood leaves a trail to follow.

- Level 3: The player's first arrow, once hit, deals continous damage (finally stopping at one bar) until the victim takes it out.

Small changes I would make:

- Shanking is only allowed if the targeted victim has not yet detected you. Stealth shiving as it should've been.

- Modded stick users can only go for the down if they are facing the enemy. No more 180 degrees Batman turns.

- Players cannot have more than one molotov - already crafted- at one given time.

- Helmet can be bought separately for 150 parts. Armor can only be bought by people with more than three downs.

- Downed players can execute themselves if they wish. 

- Players losing by a long margin can no longer go shopping and hit the motherload. They are only given a SMALL boost to their arsenal. 

- If behind the opponents, marking is now done silently. No more "FIREFLY!" that alerts your enemies' butt holes of your presence.

- Shotgun shots now fully register. No more 50/50 chance of hitting your targets.

- Military sniper switched back to four points. The inability to use both sharpshooter and covert at the same time was balanced.

- If not already owned, can now purchase a modded stick. One hit for 150 parts, and two hits for 300 parts.

- Can now stealthily down an enemy from behind with the machete.

- Each player is given five possible deaths per match. (Supply Raid)

- Adds bow special execution. Bowman takes an arrow, positions himself over his victim, and sticks it through his skull.

- First bow upgrade now costs 250 parts, and the second 500.

- Can now gift shivs.

- Molotovs and smoke bombs can only be thrown with an arc. Quick throwing is removed.

- Bow corner trick shot only available for the "Mohican" perk users.

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 6 of 43 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Re: Amusingly ironic how fans almost always have better ideas than the actual developers.

May 31, 2014

MosesTransports wrote:

Expansion on the thief idea: 

- Thief level 1 allows players to randomly steal one item from their victim's backpacks.

- Thief level 2 allows players to search through their victims' backpacks and choose one item to take. 

- Thief level 3 allows players to take one time from their victims' backpacks, and set up a trap bomb (if owned) that triggers on  the holder's first opening of the pack. 

Explosion Expert level 3:

- Players are immune to the trigger of placed bombs.

The real Bomb Expert:

- Level 1: Players can pick up their own placed bombs.

- Level 2: Players can pick up any placed bomb. (Enemies included only if marked first)

- Level 3: Players can attach a bomb to an enemy's backpack while in incognito mode. (hasn't yet been seen)

Hawkeye level 3 (what it should've been):

- Level 3: Marking negates covert training 3.

Awareness level 3:

- Level 3: Allows players to hear (sharp ears) crouched covert training users.

Marathon Runner level 3:

- Level 3: Sprinting players using this do not appear on the radar.

Brawler level 3:

- Level 3: Can down modded stick users (no stick yourself) if engaged in melee first.

*New Perk - Sniper:

Level 1: Headshot victims cannot crawl.

Level 2: True snipers are hidden. The scope does not shine.

Level 3: If the victim is executed by a silent sniper, your location is not revealed. (Meaning they don't see the hint of your position after you've executed them, like you normally would.)

*New Perk - Ninja:

- Level 1: You are immune to your own smoke bomb.

- Level 2: You are immune to any smoke bombs.

- Level 3: You are unaffected by the three second shiv delay rule.

Small changes I would make:

- Shanking is only allowed if the targeted victim has not yet detected you. Stealth shiving as it should've been.

- Modded stick users can only go for the down if they are facing the enemy. No more 180 degrees Batman turns.

- Players cannot have more than one molotov - already crafted- at one given time.

- Helmet can be bought separately for 150 parts. Armor can only be bought by people with more than three downs.

- Downed players can execute themselves if they wish. 

- Players losing by a long margin can no longer go shopping and hit the motherload. They are only given a SMALL boost to their arsenal. 

- If behind the opponents, marking is now done silently. No more "FIREFLY!" that alerts your enemies' butt holes of your presence.

- Shotgun shots now fully register. No more 50/50 chance of hitting your targets.

- Military sniper switched back to four points. The inability to use both sharpshooter and covert at the same time was balanced.

- If not already owned, can now purchase a modded stick. One hit for 150 parts, and two hits for 300 parts.

- Can now stealthily down an enemy from behind with the machete.

- Each player is given five possible deaths per match. (Supply Raid)

- Adds bow special execution. Bowman takes an arrow, positions himself over his victim, and sticks it through his skull.

- First bow upgrade now costs 250 parts, and the second 500.

- Can now gift shivs.

- Molotovs and smoke bombs can only be thrown with an arc. Quick throwing is removed.

Pick up placed bombs would be nice. The other stuff is just too much. Thief would break the game. I mean, if noobs are getting bombs because they're losing by 08 - 20 against a full party of good players... they're gonna die and they're gonna lose all the stuff they got from the boxes.

They see me posting. They hating.
Message 7 of 43 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

Re: Amusingly ironic how fans almost always have better ideas than the actual developers.

May 31, 2014

I don't see your point. 

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 8 of 43 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

May 31, 2014
A lot of Moses suggestions are just, no. Also lol at the "Hawkeye (what if should've been)".
A sniper only perk is a definite though. Although not what he listed. Something like sharpshooter, except maybe it just focuses on the sniper not moving everywhere when your not even moving. The scope does not shine, should be a add-on like the silencer, instead of a skill.
Message 9 of 43 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

May 31, 2014

They should've added a blindfire survival skill.

level 1. you can blindfire your pistol

level 2. you can blindfire both your guns and purchaseable

level 3. you can blindfire with kal-7 accuracy

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 10 of 43 (264 Views)