Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2013
By: devonjames-25_ Hekseville Citizen 287 posts
Accepted Solution

Countering Bow

18 replies 514 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

Instead of discussing how the Bow is OP, cause its not, I want to hear some tips on countering a bow user in close, mid, and long range engagement. Particularly long range were the Bow is able to shot you from tight angles. In those cases I just **bleep** out by throwing a smoke and run away. :smileyembarrassed:

Message 1 of 19 (514 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Re: Countering Bow

Jul 4, 2013
Its easy to counter the bow just out play them or be more stealthy
Message 2 of 19 (506 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18768 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Well, you could sprint away to the left or right of where the bow user is. Their shot would need to be led a ton and you'd probably get away before they could get you.

Either that or you could get close with a Burst Rifle. They'll go down easily via that weapon.

I don't see a lot of Bow users that can get me. I play a mean Burst Rifle loadout, too.
Message 3 of 19 (496 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Try and face bow users at close range, the bow's slow rate of fire will allow you to get the edge.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 19 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 4, 2013
I think the Burst Rifle is what I need. I stop using it cause it took too many shots to down people for my liking but it is seems like the ideal weapon for someone who has a bow. Would you mind sharing your loadout?
Message 5 of 19 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I know who to deal with a bow from close range as I'm not a total noob :smileyhappy:, but it is those long range fights where i got problems. For example on university from one end of the hallway to the other end is what I'm talking about. 

Message 6 of 19 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 4, 2013

devonjames-25_ wrote:

I know who to deal with a bow from close range as I'm not a total noob :smileyhappy:, but it is those long range fights where i got problems. For example on university from one end of the hallway to the other end is what I'm talking about. 

Well you see that is kind of the bows strength lol, you dont want the enemy to be in his confort zone so I guess just get up close and give him hell.:smileyhappy:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 7 of 19 (445 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 4, 2013

devonjames-25_ wrote:

Instead of discussing how the Bow is OP, cause its not, I want to hear some tips on countering a bow user in close, mid, and long range engagement. Particularly long range were the Bow is able to shot you from tight angles. In those cases I just **bleep** out by throwing a smoke and run away. :smileyembarrassed:

Close range: Hit with a high-RoF weapon. 9mm or Burst Rifle are the best options, but the Revolver or Semi-Auto will do the job if you're not caught off-guard. If you keep landing hits, the damage wobble on the Bow will make a second hit VERY hard to land.

Mid-range: If possible, cover and only pop out for long enough to quickly take a shot then duck. The Bow can't reliably hold aim for long periods, so they have to anticipate when you're popping out, or try to quick-fire when you do. If you old Aim Mode, and only step into view for long enough to take one shot, they often won't be able to return fire, or their shot will miss as you duck back into cover. If you don't have cover, keep moving, and stay back as far as possible, forcing them to lead their shots. If you're not moving in a consistent manner, this will result in misses, making your instant-hit bullets a more effective choice. If you have a fast-firing weapon (again, Burst or 9mm are best), you can exploit damage wobble just like you would at close range.

Long range: Take cover, vary your speed and direction when moving out of cover, and unless you have a Hunting Rifle or Military Sniper, get closer. Against non-moving targets, the Bow has nearly as good accuracy as the HR, but the Rifle's scope makes it easier and faster to line up those headshots, and most Bow users will have trouble hitting moving targets because of lead time. If you randomly switch between sprinting, jogging and crouch-walking while you're out of cover, you can force misses because the shooter won't know how far to lead you.

ALL ranges: MARK YOUR TARGET. Bow users are rarely seen sprinting, so being marked is often the only way they'll show up on the minimap - also, the fact that the Bow is a stealth weapon means that losing the advantage of surprise is a heavy blow to its user.

These tips brought to you by someone whose preferred weapon so far is the Bow. I hope that helps.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 8 of 19 (387 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Honestly the bow doesn't really require a special approach against in combat. The only thing that works especially good against bow users is moving left or right as it requires a lot of skill to hit a running target with the bow.
Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 9 of 19 (377 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

The best  counter to a bow user is a Moltov.   

No Moltov?  Second best counter is to quit the game and return to the lobby.

Message 10 of 19 (359 Views)
0 Likes